Winter's Veil party

Scryll

Ho ho ho! Merry Winter's Veil.

Me gruk lat enjoyed de party last yeer, doze dat culd attend on short notice. Dis yeer lat hab mur time t' prepare, so me expect mur peepul! De party will be ash tradishunal Clan gathering, wit' presents, snowballs, agh mur.

Where: The Overgrowth, in the Northern Barrens

When: Sunday December 19th, 9pm server time.

Who: All in the Clan, and invited friends.

Events:

1. Snowball fight: As we do every Winterveil, since we can't help but attack each other mercilessly, we will be opening with a string of mericless snowball fights!
  2. Secret Santa: The traditional gift exchange, but with the same twist as last year. Rather than assignments, we're doing a Yankee Swap, or Chinese Auction. Gifts are pooled, we select from them in order, and rather than take a gift from the pool, you can take an opened gift from someone else, and have them get a new one from the pool. No gift can be yanked more than two times. This should be more fun and interactive, also a bit slower.
  3. Rather than one of the traditional contests, I want a bit of RP. Cataclysm has come to Azeroth, we are all once again fighting for our lives and for the Horde, and much has been lost. We will be ending with our characters reflecting on these last few years of their lives, and telling the Clan one thing they are greatful for or will miss.

If you wish to participate in the gift exchange, please sign up for the event on the in-game Calendar. If you want someone outside the guild invited, I can add them to the calendar list manually if desired.

Edited by Scryll

A note on the last event.

When I say "in-character" I don't mean what you are greatful for or will miss as a player, with your character as a vehicle for expressing it. Think of something your character would be greatful for or miss. Family who died in Camp Taurajo, beating down Kael'thas for betraying your people, getting Galam to move your tents upwind of Uglutz' tents, etc. Not that you won't be able to tame and ride a Zulian tiger anymore *seeing as the tigers are still ostensibly there, from a character perspective*

• 2 weeks later...

Very few people have actually signed up for the event. Be prepared for either a fairly small party, or me being reduced to a gibbering wreck because everyone assumed, despite repeated cautions to the contrary, that I'd be prepared for their attendance without any sign-up or other prior confirmation.

Scryll, I would be willing to attend. If not for anything else, to get with everyone online to RP a bit. *grins* Send Smedlock a calendar invite, if you are doing that, and I will look for it to accept.

Since it's on the calendar as a guild event, everyone in the guild can see it, and all they have to do is click on it and hit the "confirm" button. Which, at present count, only six people in the guild have done. Counting you, I see.