Build 13221 Info

Waldonnis

Yes, I'm alive! Sorry, been a bit bed-bound due to illness/allergies lately...

Notable Bugs:

• Haven't found anything notable and new yet.

Notable unfixed bugs from the previous build:

• Usual proviso about deleting the cache directories in your installation directory if you're having issues loggiing in after the patch. See a previous build post if you need more info (or just post a reply and I'll elaborate).
  • Some archaeology races' artifact fragments don't show up in the UI and can't be combined (they require a higher skill level than you have, but can still be gathered).
  • On logging in, your chest armour might be broken (or may not be). Some are seeing this happen, others are not, so check just to be safe. Seems to be common with druids, mages, and shaman at least.
  • Druid swift flight form's speed is still unaffected by the Mount Up guild perk speed boost.
  • Druids aren't auto-shifting out of forms when casting mounts (annoying!) and get an error that we can't mount while in a form. Seems to only apply to moonkin (possibly only trolls, but I can't confirm).

General:

• New login screen! And it's pretty damn cool! Those that caught the BlizzCon coverage have probably already seen it, but it's nicer when it's on your own monitor. Those that were worried about another screeching dragon don't have anything to fear - Deathwing is more the "I'll just stand here looking imposing while sometimes grunting" type.
  • Character customisation and faction changing features are re-enabled. Let's hope some of the bugs from last time are fixed up.
  • Female worgen are no longer gender confused and are now playable!
  • Goblin mount issues have been fixed (as have goblins' problems negotiating certain terrain).
  • Several racials have been adjusted:
    • Blood Elves' Magic Resistance increases resistance to arcane rather than reduces chance to be hit by spells.
    • Draenei Shadow Resistance increases resistance to shadow rather than reducing the chance to be hit by shadow spells.
    • Worgen Aberration increases resistance to nature and shadow rather than reducing the duration of curses and diseases.
    • Dwarves' Explorer has been adjusted to yield additional fragments rather than increasing base archaeology skill (reduced survey time still applies). Sounds like an odd change, but believe me, the previous incarnation had some serious problems.

[*]Guards in the starting areas have been upgraded to level 90 elites and hit REALLY hard. This actually happened in the last build, but I hadn't had time to confirm it.

[*]The flight masters that I have run across are now level 85 elites, so you can't just sneeze on them and watch them drop dead. This may be a global change, but I haven't had the opportunity to check every one for obvious reasons.

Guild:

• The "Hasty Hearth" guild perk is finally working again (yay).

Zones:

• Uldum:
    • The quest "I'll Do It By Hand" is now working!
    • The quest "Colossal Guardians" is still not working, however.

[*]Twilight Highlands:

• TBD

[*]Deepholm:

• TBD

[*]Tol Barad:

• TBD

[*]Vashj'ir:

• TBD

Classes:

• Druid:
    • Rebirth cooldown has been reduced to 10mins. Wacky.
    • Soothe now has a short cast time (1.5sec base, I believe).
    • Natural Shapeshifter now also increases ToL duration by 5/10secs, depending on point investment. The talent still blows for other specs, but at least resto gets something out of it finally.
    • Several other changes to various talents and abilities (mostly small adjustments).

[*]Paladin:

• Tons of changes to base damage/healing of various abilities in all three trees.

Professions:

• Archaeology:
    • Several (if not all) of the related achievements that didn't work before are now working.
    • Digsites now only yield 6 fragments (2 per survey) for non-dwarves. I'm still trying to find a pattern to this, but sometimes you get 3 fragments per survey, so this isn't true. It may be tied to zone level or archaeology skill, but it'll take me awhile to figure it out.

[*]Jewelcrafting:

• Still largely unfinished. Nothing new was added to the trainers.
    • All new gems have new icons (finally), including cut gems.

[*]Engineering:

• Lots of recipes have had their minimum skill level reduced, making engineering much more...able to be leveled.
    • It's possible that engineering is pretty close to being finished (finally).
    • Tinkers are now discovered in a way similar to alchemy discoveries. They're fairly easy to discover, from my experience so far, and pretty varied.

[*]Leatherworking:

• The recipes that previously required 530 skill have been fixed to require 500 or less. Still not a lot to work with for leveling over 500, so it may not be finished, but at least it's workable now.
    • Blackened Dragonscales have a new icon.

[*]Mining:

• Pirium Bars now have a new icon (again).

User Interface:

• GetProfessionInfo() now returns the skill modifier as the 8th return value (thank goodness).
  • Funky UI error that occurs only with engineers (at least that I can tell), which causes the entire profession frame to break. This doesn't happen with current live client builds, so I'm wondering if this is a side-effect of my engineer being a very early copy and not transitioning properly.

Edited by Waldonnis

[*]Guards in the starting areas have been upgraded to level 90 elites and hit REALLY hard. This actually happened in the last build, but I hadn't had time to confirm it.

Oh I like this. I like it a lot.