For those that didn't hear me correctly last night on TS

Corellon

This news came by the way of my wife, this is a friend of hers.

---

No Health Risk, Says Siouxland District Health

There's a new item on the menu at the Singing Hills McDonald's, where "food safety and quality is of the utmost importance." It doesn't cost extra, and you don't even have to ask for it. KTIV-TV reports that

as of August 26, live maggots come free of charge with randomly selected burgers.

Just ask the unsuspecting woman who bit into a burger which included that free layer of squirming fruit fly maggots that day. Surely her smile, suddenly sporting a hundred wriggly helpers, made a lasting impression on everyone she met that day.

Is this a case of free extra protein with a twist or ick-factor extraordinaire?

Michelle Rosendahl of taxpayer-funded Siouxland District Health was quick to put consumers' minds at ease. According to her, maggots are no strangers to Siouxland.

"They're very common to be around," she told KTIV reporters. "It's almost surprising that maybe it doesn't happen more often."

Does this mean consumers can expect an exciting new trend in Siouxland's restaurant scene? Just imagine, thanks to yet another trend set by Ray Krog's fast food empire, live maggots may forever change the dining experience in establishments all over Siouxland.

How does that compare to eating at home or packing your lunch?

Concerned about the general hygiene practiced at your favorite dining establishment? There's no reason to worry. Live maggots are baby flies. They're not bugs, like salmonella or e-coli. They're not even ethnic. And Rosendahl, whose salary is paid by Siouxland taxpayers, told KTIV that maggots pose no risk to a person's health.

---

And all this time I thought those where onions!!

This news came by the way of my wife, this is a friend of hers.

---

No Health Risk, Says Siouxland District Health

There's a new item on the menu at the Singing Hills McDonald's, where "food safety and quality is of the utmost importance." It doesn't cost extra, and you don't even have to ask for it. KTIV-TV reports that

as of August 26, live maggots come free of charge with randomly selected burgers.

Just ask the unsuspecting woman who bit into a burger which included that free layer of squirming fruit fly maggots that day. Surely her smile, suddenly sporting a hundred wriggly helpers, made a lasting impression on everyone she met that day.

Is this a case of free extra protein with a twist or ick-factor extraordinaire?

Michelle Rosendahl of taxpayer-funded Siouxland District Health was quick to put consumers' minds at ease. According to her, maggots are no strangers to Siouxland.

"They're very common to be around," she told KTIV reporters. "It's almost surprising that maybe it doesn't happen more often."

Does this mean consumers can expect an exciting new trend in Siouxland's restaurant scene? Just imagine, thanks to yet another trend set by Ray Krog's fast food empire, live maggots may forever change the dining experience in establishments all over Siouxland.

How does that compare to eating at home or packing your lunch?

Concerned about the general hygiene practiced at your favorite dining establishment? There's no reason to worry. Live maggots are baby flies. They're not bugs, like salmonella or e-coli. They're not even ethnic. And Rosendahl, whose salary is paid by Siouxland taxpayers, told KTIV that maggots pose no risk to a person's health.

---

And all this time I thought those where onions!!

Finally, a McD's burger that is moist, and not due to grease!

Yet another reason to eat poutine instead of burgers.

There's a place in Portland, Maine that makes poutine with belgian-style fries. Cooked in duck fat.

Yes, I said cooked in duck fat.

Served with duck fat gravy.

mmmmmm.......