Build 12644 Info

Waldonnis

Guilds are still busted :) and there are some other new bugs, but a few things managed to make it into this build...

Notable Bugs:

• Launcher problems continue on Windows clients. If the launcher closes immediately when you try to run it, you have two options: you can either right-click it and choose "Run as Administrator" or just run Wow.exe from your beta installation folder.
  • Characters are still unable to train new spells if they have two primary professions. The only "workaround" is to drop one profession currently, but do so at your own risk - they won't be restoring them. It's best to be patient if this is truly a problem (e.g. on a copied level 80+) and you don't want to start from scratch in beta with either primary profession.
  • Logging out on a flight mount WILL dismount you when you log back in. Basically, don't log out flying in mid-air or gravity will win when you log back in. Sometimes this can't be helped (world server crashes), unfortunately.
  • Guilds are still...funky. The UI is reportedly not updating properly at times and some of the associated slash commands aren't working. This is all probably related to the ongoing removal of the old guild perk system and paring it down to the new one (as well as the new UI changes), so we'll probably see this get fixed over the next few builds.
  • Trolls and gnomes are getting new background graphics music and possibly background graphics on the character selection screen. Sadly, the word "getting" means "they're not in yet" and logging in a character of either race is tricky right now (produces an error when you try to select them). There's a workaround, so feel free to ask me about it if you're truly interested - be warned, it's a minor pain in the rump.

General:

• Trolls and gnomes are getting new background graphics on the character selection screen. See above for a related bug.
  • Worgen creation is enabled again. Have at it, furry fans! Female worgen are still disabled, however.
  • Malfurion Stormrage gets a spiffy new look. It's a bit controversial, but it surely beats the generic-looking model he had before.
  • The reforging NPC was removed for now (he didn't work anyway).
  • Riding/flying in the Cleft of Shadow in Orgrimmar works now!
  • Addons are still disabled (as is the /run command). Since I hadn't mentioned it before, it was worth noting that this is not a bug.

Zones:

• There is now a breadcrumb quest for Mt. Hyjal available in Orgrimmar (and Stormwind too, but who cares about them!). Look for the Warchief's Command Boards in various locations around Orgrimmar to pick up the quest (they all give the same quest).
  • No other notable changes yet, but I'll update this if I find something.

Classes:

• Many, many talent tweaks, so be sure to look at your talent pane and reassign any refunded points. Most classes had the number of "ranks" of several talents reduced and have refunded the points for the entire talent (I've noticed this on mages, druids, and paladins so far).
  • As always, check your trainers after EVERY build. Several spells end up back on there or are introduced, so it's a good habit to get into.
  • Mastery system appears to be NYI again (still).
  • Druid mana regen appears to be fixed. While it was comical in the last build being unable to run out of mana ever, it was obviously a bug :D (really, it was a spell cost issue, but it had the same effect)

Professions:

• Nothing new - still no Archaeology
  • Some characters still cannot open their First Aid crafting window for some reason. No workaround as of yet.

User Interface:

• New raid frames got a LOT of work in this build, including a new options pane in the Interface Options. Sorting options are present, as are things like displaying incoming heals (!! means we have API for this coming? No more libhealcomm??), aggro highlighting, dispellable debuffs, and hiding/showing pets. There are more strings than options in the UI code that aren't in the options right now, but it looks like we'll see even more options in the future. Very cool stuff!
  • Compact party frames received some tweaks as well, although nothing new yet in the options pane for them.
  • There is code in place for a "Holy Power" bar for paladins, but I haven't seen it in action to know if it's enabled yet or not. I'll look into this!
  • Lots of minor tweaks and typo fixes (get some sleep, devs :lostit: ).

Edited by Waldonnis