My Retirement

Calendar

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know by now, I've been playing around with the idea of finally retiring my raid leader tabard once and for all.

This is something I have been communicating to the senior members of the Clan and of the raid. This post is simply to formalize my resignation.

It's been a terrific 3 year run! I've met tons of great personalities and awesome players. We've accomplished a great many achievements and have succeeded at conquering quite a few raids. From Karazhan to BT and from Naxx to ICC, I'm proud to have lead the bunch of you. Raids have always been my passion in this game and I thank you all for helping me pursue this endeavor.

My retirement is solely based on the fact that I want to concentrate on other things in my life right now. It's summer after-all and I want to take advantage of that. I have no regrets and I don't hold any grudges. This is not a "burnout", I sincerely think it is my time to move on. I am pleased with our progress in ICC and I am genuinely convinced we will conquer the Lich King together.

As for my position as Elder of Campaigns, I formally request that the council allow me to take my rightful place among the Longtooths of the Clan. I will watch over our band of merry clompers, but this resignation means that I will no longer be able to fully my duties as Elder.

Future Game Plans:

The plan is to drop out of the raid by the end of this month. I will hold my position until we formalize a plan to switch up the leadership. The likely candidate to take over is Kailand, but I wouldn't be oppose to considering someone else if they want to throw their name in the hat.

Lastly, I'm not going anywhere! I may be resigning from raid leading and dropping out of the raid, but I do not intend on quitting the game altogether. I'll still show my face once in a while and I'm sure I'll be going full force again once the expansion comes out (hell might even make another 10 man group). I feel bad letting go of my Elder position, but the reality is that lately I haven't done enough to warrant such a role. I need to do a bit of soul searching to figure out how best to serve my Clan and in what capacity I wish to do it.

Thanks for the many years of entertainment and the best of luck in your conquests.

Your former raid lead,

Zuworty & Cal

It's been fun with both Cal and Zuworty. Thank you for leading this band of monkeys over the years.

I think a lot of us, myself included, would like a little break between now and the coming expansion. I wouldn't be at all upset if the 25 man raid just kinda dissolved after all the raiders that are interested got a Lich King kill. We've come this far. I'd like to see us finish this instance.

Thank you for all the laughs that your "unique" personality have brought to the raid. I almost spit my drink all over the laptop last week when you called Kailand a Princess. *chuckles*

Safe journey to you. May your life be filled with barrels of Speckle Dust.

Kalea

It's been fun having you as a raid leader over the years and glad to hear you won't be leaving the game for good!

Will you consider me tanking 10 man again in the expansion? ;)

PS: I really was in the process of getting my gun permit last Wednesday, hope that's not the reason why that's canceled now!

Edited by Orcala

It's been fun having you as a raid leader over the years and glad to hear you won't be leaving the game for good!

Will you consider me tanking 10 man again in the expansion? ;)

PS: I really was in the process of getting my gun permit last Wednesday, hope that's not the reason why that's canceled now!

You with a gun Orcala scares me ######less. This is why I don't cross the border, bunch of wackos!

And no, you getting a gun didn't make me cancel Wednesday. Working on LK for 9h a week made me cancel Wednesday :yahoo:

You've done a great job over the years Zu, I don't care what anybody says. And it's been a fun ride all the way, even back in the SSC/TK days when my little elf was but a starter offtank beside that big cow of yours, lol.

Hopefully you'll survive whatever random batsh*t real life has prepared. Do pop into TS post-retirement now & then to wish us luck! ;)

Zu: Speckledust was one of my all-time favorite in-game moments. That and taking down Vashj. I'm so happy you let me share both of those experiences with you.

Orcala: While the big modern HK USP's are all the rage unless you are a certified Glockenspiel, your dainty little hands might be better off with a single stack. You'll be amazed what a slightly modded 1911 can do.

Don't worry about the kick from a .45, if you have better control over the weapon it will still be better then firing a 9 out of a weapon you can't grip well.

Who cares if you have 15+1 if you can't hit the target?

• 3 weeks later...

Even though I haven't raided since MC days, I do appreciate those in our guild that step up and take on the responsibility of herding the cats:)

Thanks for being a leader in that regard. *salute*

Edited by muru

Even though I haven't raided since MC days, I do appreciate those in our guild that step up and take on the responsibility of herding the monkeys pretending to be cats:)

fixed

Even though I haven't raided since MC days, I do appreciate those in our guild that step up and take on the responsibility of herding the monkeys pretending to be cats:)

heheheh