Cataclysm Beta Contest

Holyssa

By Zarhym:

If you think you and your guildmates have what it takes to make invaluable beta testers, take a stab at our Cataclysm Beta -- Guild Contest. All you need to do is tell us in a short essay why you and nine of your guildmates should be in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta test. We’ll be picking 100 winning submissions each week for five weeks, for a total of 5,000 beta keys at stake!

Contest Page: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/ca...beta/index.html

Rules: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/ca...test-rules.html

Check the rules page carefully before you submit your wall-o-text to Blizzard BTW.

This is a very strange way of inviting people into the Beta (contest restricted to guild leaders & only 9 people, and limited by location/state laws/etc), but I guess this is their way of trying to push for as many invites as possible without pulling emails out of a hat. Then again, I forget how many people filled out Wrath's Beta by the end. *shrugs*

And the usual precaution goes out regarding Beta invites/suspicious emails: It hasn't started till Blizzard says it's okay. And currently: it's not okay. ;)

Submissions must be entered by the guild master of the guild according to the eligibility section of the rules (which technically is me, as far as Blizzard's game mechanics are concerned, and I satisfy all of the requirements anyway).

Seeing as how I dislike writing essays, I put it to everyone that's interested in writing an entry to get ahold of me and get your thinking caps on. If enough are interested in writing something, we can either cooperate towards one entry or maybe make it into a contest where people vote on their favourite via a poll or something. Lots of possibilities there, but I'd really like to see something submitted for this, so I hope someone is willing to accept the challenge.

As a past beta participant, test periods are frustrating at times (world server down AGAIN??), but loads of fun as well...and I know we have enough rabid MMO-Champ followers that would probably like a little advanced peek. Just be sure to do some testing while you're there, should we be selected. No clue on how "the ten" will be chosen if we are picked, since none of the leadership have talked about any of this even privately yet, but rest assured that the author(s) of the submission will be in there.