Community Center Grand Opening

Piper

Copypasta'd from here: http://catskills-rp-portal.proboards.com/i...&thread=956

Dove's invited us to attend if any of you would like to. She's a very nice lady who's trying to do what she can for the community, so I'd encourage you to go if possible. :3

Event: The Community Center Grand Opening

Date: Sunday, December 27, 2009

Time: In-door Market 3:00-5:00 pm EST, Skills Auction 5:00-6:00 pm EST

Location: Community Center (follow the URL below for directions)

Invitation for Merchants:

In that the Community Center exists for community use, what better way to spend a grand opening then to hold an in-door market where members of the community can buy, sell, trade, and meet one another. We welcome any merchant seeking to sell their wares. The Center provides two floors of open space where merchants can set up a booth, layout wares, and even erect temporary forges and other crafting necessities (locked down for your convenience and safety). Contact me via pigeon (ICQ # 1480367) for a time to customize your booth.

Invitation to Customers:

What vendors gain in convenience, they sorely lack in personality. After all, vendors do not haggle, they do not take custom orders, trade, or converse. If you have never experienced a public market, I encourage you to come to the grand opening, to make contacts with the people you buy from, to build a rapport with the craftsmen themselves. Besides the guest merchants present for the market, the Center’s own permanent shops will be open and their shop owners available for business.

Skills Auction:

After the market, the Center will be hosting a skills auction. At the auction, volunteers will auction off their skills to the highest bidder (proceeds will be used to fund future community events). Need a miner for ingots, stone, or gems? Require the services of smith to turn those raw materials into something special? Desire an imbuer to enchant the perfect magic item, or an adventurer to protect you for an hour or two of dungeoneering? Come to the skills auction and see who is up for bid.

Whatever your reason for coming, we hope to see you at the Community Center Grand Opening. Please follow the URL below to learn more about the Community Center.

Sincerely,

Dove the Healer and the Community Center Staff

http://community-center.homestead.com/index.html