Zuworty's Raid Information

Martok

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys-

It looks like it is time for me to say goodbye to WoW for an indefinite period of time. I will absolutely not leave you guys immediately, unless you want me to that is :dancing_smile:, and can hang around and raid until the end of June. Hopefully by then you can find a suitable replacement-and I'd be happy to sit out any raid in between for the tryout period, if needed.

K

Hey guys-

It looks like it is time for me to say goodbye to WoW for an indefinite period of time. I will absolutely not leave you guys immediately, unless you want me to that is :dancing_smile:, and can hang around and raid until the end of June. Hopefully by then you can find a suitable replacement-and I'd be happy to sit out any raid in between for the tryout period, if needed.

K

I've been feeling the same way lately and RL stuff is catching up, good luck out there and see you in the expansion! (or not since i'll get sucked into playing a werewolf haha)

The games been getting wicked boring lately!

Hey ######tards - you dickholes canceling at the last minute or no showing are really messing up my schedule.

I hate you asshats.

*sighs at Eigun* Really? Do we need this on these forums? Again, WoW general forums are that way ---->

I'm guessing you were trying to be funny, but printed text doesn't convey tone or mindset well. Save it for TS, please.

That being said, I'm a bit touchy about things because, joke or not, this is the kind of feeling that I sense in this raid now. Not so much "we', and much more "me" (and the personal motivations seem more varied than ever these days). Many people seem burned out to the point where it's more "going through the motions" until they finally just cancel indefinitely rather than interested and excited to finish this expansion's raids fully. I may be totally off-base, but it just doesn't seem like even our more difficult kills were met with any kind of excitement about the kill itself (most seemed more concerned with getting their faces in the corpse to see the loot). I also haven't heard a word about Ruby Sanctum, which is on PTR now, while past "upcoming raiding instances" were hot topics. It makes me wonder if people even care about killing the Lich King...doubly so since many are already sporting titles from 10-man kills and this is more of a rehash of what they've been through already. I can only guess at how people feel about Ruby Sanctum-25...

My take: if you're going to show up, show up 100%, including bringing a "ready to focus" attitude. Sindy's no pushover VoA boss and I'm sure learning the LK fight won't be a picnic either. Wipes will happen, and probably a lot of them. Gear is NOT what's holding this group back right now anyway, so the real question I have is which is more important to the group: a) bumping off Arthas and spitting on his corpse, or b) trying to finish off tier sets/getting as much BiS as possible pre-LK while waiting for the buff to climb to 30% so it's easier (which is funny, because that's like doing LK with T11-equivalent item level boosts)? If option B is more important to the group, then the decisions about extending the ID (or even continuing the raid at all) are made much easier. If it's option A, though, then buckle down and make some sacrifices to your personal loot wishlists to get this done.

Feels like I've made a speech like this before...*flashback to BT*

I just wanted to take a moment to explain a few things.

First, I don't like to post on open forums, especially with information about my personal life, so every time I've missed a raid I've handled it directly with my role lead or with a raid leader.

Second, as some of you know my mother has been in and out of the hospital for over a year now. She has now reached the point where her body has failed enough times that her mind is starting to go. I'm the nearest family to her so I get most of the responsibility dumped on me. All my family can hope for right now is that this phase is mercifully short and this whole horrible sad affair will be behind us. That being said.... My raid availability will at some point have to drop to nil to handle her funeral arrangements.

Lastly. My husband had surgery yesterday and there were a few complications that were unexpected. He is doing fine, but I had to decline the raid invitation to take care of him. We had wanted to schedule the procedure earlier in the week but this was the earliest time they had. I know it was very last minute, but he will always come before wow. ALWAYS. So will any other of my family.

When I'm in raid, I'm as committed to it as I can be, but as I've explained, I've got a lot on my plate. I will say that yes, it is extremely frustrating to deal with people who make the same mistakes over and over and over again night after night and don't care enough about the raid to try to do better. It's extremely frustrating to raid with people who don't take the time to watch a 5 min vid or even read a few paragraphs about the fight so they know what they are getting into. It's extremely frustrating to have to deal with the stress of wipe after wipe due to stupidity rather than honest mistakes. This raid used to be very enjoyable and a good distraction. Now it just seems to be a lesson in frustration for the people who still actually want to raid vs the people who don't give a ###### and are just there to waste time.

Hope things look up for you soon Tizaria!

Maybe I am one making a lot of stupid mistakes but it's not intentional (90% of the time). I'm starting to see raiding as a "second job" and feel like i'm dragging myself on just to raid, never mind all the RL crap going on in the background like being sick, family probs etc.

At the end of the day after work I have enough time to eat then it's raiding for a few hours, sleep then back to work. Oy vay.

Also it seems like people are either dead quiet or bitter for some reason, I play to have fun, not for gear. (unless it looks cool haha)

I stand by my original post.

If you are offended by the language and are surprised because you aren't used to hearing me talk this way, guess what? I'm not talking to you.

I'm talking specifically to the people that hear me talk this way frequently and know I'm talking to them.

Furthermore, I know very well the importance of team success. I think the problem is that people who have become lax in their commitment have gotten into the mindset that they are messing up "the raid" and not actual people.

And to those people, who I consider friends, who have heard me talk this way quite often: You're not just messing with random strangers online. Your actions are screwing me, also. This raid is filled with real people.

The burnout is obvious, but clearly people want to see the end of the raid. So you have a choice to make: Make the commitment to git-er-dun, or... not.

I'm not asking for justification for your reasons, or explanations of your feelings. Make a decision and move on with your life. Stop sitting on the fence, it's just holding up a spot and slowing us down. We've all made sacrifices to be here. If you can't do that, you're no less of a person or a player and I'll never judge you as such. But have the integrity to do what's best for the raid.

GJ on Sind.

LK:

I saw a lot of people standing in the P3 cloud...not sure if everyone understands this mechanic...additional clarification may help.

As for the Valk's, it looks like we are having a similar problem as the spikes during the marrowgar fight-people aren't switching fast enough or melee has to run too far to get to the group. If we treat this phase like Marrowgar spikes, it may help our positioning. Any way we can introduce a "spread and collapse" technique to deal with the clouds and valk's?

But I guess that is the overall theme to this instance-pieces of the early boss/trash abilities to be used as "practice" for aspects of future boss fights. Although moving out of bad ###### is nothing new....and neither is the majority of the raid dying to it.

K

Edited by Karrock

If we can reliably get to Sindragosa or kill her in one night I have no problem with doing that Tuesday and working on Arthas on Thursday. What I would hate to have happen is 6 hours a week of dying to the same boss fostering more anger, frustruation, and hate then the good it may cause in practice. Morale is already in the crapper, and I cant see having two nights of wipe on Arthas helping an already bad attendance issue. Two wipe nights may be the death blow for some people that arent as motivated to get a LK kill. If you want to only do a full clear every two weeks and see how it goes maybe that is a reasonable compromise. Three hours on a thursday is alot of time to practice one boss. Even then after and hour or two I see concentration fade away. I would love to see a LK kill on 25 before summer starts to get into full swing, but I fear that some people will not tolerate two wipe nights for long before they phase themselves out for the summer to do other things and prepare for Cataclysm.

Markenhoof

ORCALA! ICE CREEEEEEAM! ORCALA!!!!!!!!!

IMG00148-20100601-1427.jpg

Damn. You must be afk again.

I guess I'm gonna have to eat all that ice cream myself! errr. wait. its not ice cream! Its baby carrots.....right Kadi???

IMG00149-20100601-1427.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a feel for tonight:

Reset the ID Vs. Work on the LK

discuss...

I'd love to see us work on the Lich King until we get him down, but I realize we have ADD folks that don't want to do the same thing too many times, as well as those that ###### about having to pay repair bills while we wipe and learn.

How about a compromise? Do a reset every other week so that we have 3 nights to really work on learning this fight before we begin again?

If we really want to see this group do a Lich King kill, we're going to have to spend time with him. No two ways about it.

Maybe we should consider asking the raid and taking a vote to see how the wind blows? I'd really like to know who's just farming for badges and loot and who would really like to kill the end boss. :dancing_smile:

Summer is here and vacations and family time are going to create more holes in the raid each week. Do we do this or don't we?

Sorry Ug, but it has corn syrup in it, so she most likely won't fall for the trap.

On the other hand: gimme that carton. *grabs spoon*

Little FYI for tonight: Orcala and I will be on, but there's a nasty-ass thunderstorm over my home as I type this. So if we go poof, it's not because we kicked out the modem cable :dancing_smile:

Sorry Ug, but it has corn syrup in it, so she most likely won't fall for the trap.

Little FYI for tonight: Orcala and I will be on, but there's a nasty-ass thunderstorm over my home as I type this. So if we go poof, it's not because we kicked out the modem cable :dancing_smile:

Hahaha

No it has Reeses in it! Dam it's raining and the icecream truck is hiding... maybe Lieutenant Dan has some in his pan he likes hiding them cones in there!

Little FYI for tonight: Orcala and I will be on, but there's a nasty-ass thunderstorm over my home as I type this. So if we go poof, it's not because we kicked out the modem cable ;)

Hahaha

No it has Reeses in it! Dam it's raining and the icecream truck is hiding... maybe Lieutenant Dan has some in his pan he likes hiding them cones in there!

Are you guys insane?!

Kalea:

Good idea, vote it is. I know I said I wouldn't reset anymore until we downed LK, but I also said I'd gauge to see what ppl's morale was after a week of no resets.

Little FYI for tonight: Orcala and I will be on, but there's a nasty-ass thunderstorm over my home as I type this. So if we go poof, it's not because we kicked out the modem cable ;)

Hahaha

I would have gotten you some vanilla, but I think Mr. Rollback ate it all!

And Zu: why so upset? You hijacked our thread on ice cream!

• 2 weeks later...

All lets stay focused with downig the Lich King. With that being said I was able to find this article with a little different of a strat than what we are using. It looks like we could control the defile a little better this way. Just a thought.

http://www.stratfu.com/strats/lich-king/lich-king-live-strat

Edited by Maalick

Sooo..... I turn on my computer Saturday and get the blue screen of death... After much swearing and testing it appears that my mother board is fried. Thankfully it's still under warranty. However... It appears that I will be unable to raid for at least this coming week. I'll try and keep you updated and let you know as soon as I can when I will be able to raid again.