Zuworty's Raid Information

Martok

Can we assume that there will be no raid tonight due to the regular server crap? Would we try to start in ICC?

K

I *HATE* when people immediately assume that we aren't raiding due to server issues.

We will attempt to start in ICC, if we encounter issues then we'll try ToC. If problems persist then we'll call it. I'm not going to throw in the towel before we even try!

I'm sorry, was I being too realistic for you douches? Ok, let's forget the fact that we have yet to be able to run on a patch day, and we can dismiss the fact that all of the instances are on the same server...instead we should be ultra-optimistic and get our hopes up thinking we are gonna be able to raid! yay! unicorns and rainbows for everyone! Tiz break out your pink bunnies its happy time! Look theres mickey and minnie and that goofy ######!

Of course everyone will be there-its the first time we will have a totally full roster with no one volunteering to sit....cept me of course ;)

Douche

Edit: bass terd? you cant say bass terd on here (spelled properly)? Lame

K

Let me guess...your mother told you Santa hated you and wasn't giving you any gifts at the age of 4?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah would be lovin ta pass out bunnies an rainbows and speckle dust candy floss... 'oweva it seems dat Arthas is bein too skerd o me bunny an willna let me inta de citadel... No bunnies fo yas Karrock ;p

((I've been trying to log in for a while now, but I can't get past the realm selection screen, if I even manage to get that far. I'll see Success! Then immediately after "You have been disconnected from the server". Anyone else having this issue??))

((I've been trying to log in for a while now, but I can't get past the realm selection screen, if I even manage to get that far. I'll see Success! Then immediately after "You have been disconnected from the server". Anyone else having this issue??))

Everyone is (or at least most were). Realms are being cycled again now, likely to fix this and other issues.

Hrm, looking at the various stuff in ICC, it looks like there is are vendor recipes for engineers to make hunter ammo, which is a substantial upgrade from currently available ammo (the ammo is 30 DPS more than previous ammo, leading to a potential 150+ DPS upgrade for each hunter - much more than what we get from a flask). Unfortunately it requires Goblin Engineering for bullets, and Gnomish engineering for arrows (what a stupid idea blizzard, QQ, get rid of the importance of specialties elsewhere then toss it in for a required consummable at end game), as well as 1 Primordial Saronite to buy each pattern. Do we have atleast one of each engineering specialty in the raid, and are we going to be assigning a Primordial Saronite to those people for the patterns?

The ammo itself is relatively cheap to make, with the bullets requiring 2 crystallized earth to make a stack of 1000, and the arrows requiring 2 crystallized shadow to make a stack of 1000. FYI I go through about 3-4 stacks of ammo a night, and I'm sure anamarie and karrock are similar, so miners, please don't vendor your shadows and earths, us hunters can arrange to pay a reasonable price for them. Anamarie and I are currently using arrows (Shadows), and Karrock is using bullets(Earths)

Edit:

additional FYI - current Arrows require 2 saronite bars a stack, and bullets require 1 saronite bar, and 1 volatile blasting cap ( 2 caps can be made from 3 cobalt bars and 1 crystallized water)

Edited by Kailand

Unfortunately it requires Goblin Engineering for bullets, and Gnomish engineering for arrows (what a stupid idea blizzard, QQ, get rid of the importance of specialties elsewhere then toss it in for a required consummable at end game), as well as 1 Primordial Saronite to buy each pattern.

I saw this as well and was really hoping this wouldn't carry into live from PTR...but it did. You'll likely start seeing the ammo itself on the AH soon, worst case, but I'm sure the usual price gouging will be in full effect for a long while. I actually have one of each engineering specialty (V is Gnomish, Romala is Goblin), but neither is likely to ever get the rep until it no longer matters. If you really disagree with this rather ridiculous restriction, please please PLEASE post in the Suggestion forum about it (I plan to as well when I get around to it).

Engineers need to be at least honoured with The Ashen Verdict as well before they can learn these patterns (just a note), but that shouldn't take too long for folks raiding there. Also, be aware that since primordial saronite is needed to buy these, it's likely to be looked upon as a "raid investment/purchase" (since that same primordial saronite can be used for other things as well), so be prepared to combine for free at the hunters' whim! *cackles semi-seriously*

2nd Boss Fight in ICC

Lady Deathwhisper

Tank Spot Video

It looks like they had physical DPS on the adds and Caster DPS rotating from Boss to Adds, but always leaving some of the casters on the boss.

And

The Icecrown Gunship Battle

Tank Spot Video

That one looks like fun.

See everyone in game. Later --Maalick

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...6&sid=1#116
There is a known bug that was introduced in 3.3 that can cause tanked mobs to move around in unpredictable and frustrating ways. A fix is incoming.

Yay, no more polka-dancing with trash mobs (soon).

Um Holy, you should know the Blizzard definition of the word soon by now ;o)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon

Quick update folks...

DKP

I've fixed AND updated DKP. Sorry it took so long, the hosting website went down and the mod is a little wonky with automated boss kill awards. At a first look the new system works pretty well, we'll be able to tell in the next coming weeks whether or not it balances out. At this time however, folks will hit the DKP cap after approximately 3 to 4 weeks. Meaning that if you don't bid on an item within a month, you will be rolling off for it with other high DKP folks.

Audit

Still haven't had time to do an audit, sorry, I will try to get to it as soon as possible.

New Recruits

We have a new Paladin healer that will be attempting a trial run starting this week. With a little luck they will be able to fulfill our last remaining healer spot. I also have an enhancement shaman in the works but he will not be available until after the holidays.

Holidays

Same rules as Thanksgiving...IF YOU CANNOT RAID THAN SET YOUR STATUS ACCORDINGLY. I cannot plan raiding evenings if folks don't toggle properly.

Tentative Calendar Toggle

I know you can now set your status to TENTATIVE within the calender. I'm STRONGLY asking you NOT to use this toggle, it does me no good when trying to plan raids. You might as not reply to the invites for the good it does me. Using the TENTATIVE toggle should be done only in the most extreme cases.

ICC Progress

Progress is a little slow at the moment, I would like to continue encouraging everyone to read up on the fights and to get geared up. The instances have AWESOME loot that could really boost our numbers in there. Collect those triumph badges as well and try to offset any missing pieces you may need.

Regards,

Zu

Edited by Calendar

have an enhancement shaman in the works but he will not be available until after the holidays.

Yay!

Sent over my updated loot list. 1 trink left in TOC, the rest is ICC/badge stuff.

K

Noted. Also I would like to see physical DPS'rs updated loot lists by the end of the first week in January. Again, only include stuff acquirable from drops out of 25 man normal raids (that's all I'll be putting on the list anyways). Also Make a note of the craftables you wish to have made so we can get an idea of who needs what for the logistics of orb planning.

Edited by Kailand

I might not be able to make it tonight, possibly the account has been hacked... even though I have a authenticator. This is retarded@@!

!!!! Hopefully that isn't the case, and just blizzard's servers being bogged down.

I might not be able to make it tonight, possibly the account has been hacked... even though I have a authenticator. This is retarded@@!

!!!! Hopefully that isn't the case, and just blizzard's servers being bogged down.

Looks like it was a false alarm so you get me tonight, see you there ;)

Quick update:

I'm canceling the raids from Dec 22nd until Dec 31st (inclusively) for the holidays.

Happy holidays and merry Christmas to all our raiders. Rest up and be prepared to kick ass in the new year! =)

P.S: The calendar does not update quite as fast when you delete an event, so the changes won't be reflected right away.

A continuation on last Tuesday's topic...

Icecrown Legendary Distribution

Since we are unlikely to complete this, it's a bit of a moot point but regardless...

The candidates for the weapon are as follows:

Tyrandius

Foroshell

Maalick

Ascoli

(sorry Holy, I think that if we ever have you running around without a sword and shield we'd be in bigger trouble)

Due to the relatively small pool of potential players and vast differences in roles I would like to opt to try and find a consensus as to who will obtain the weapon.

Ideally the person receiving the weapon:

- Would be motivated enough to obtain necessary crafting mats both INSIDE and OUTSIDE of raid times

- Is loyal and dedicate to the long term success to the raid

- Is deserving of the weapon based on past contributions

- Will use the weapon to its fullest potential

- Will impact the raid the most by having the weapon

I would like raiders to please post their opinions on these forums and state who they would like to see with the weapon and why. If you feel too shy about it or would rather not give your opinion publicly please send me either a forum or in-game msg.

I hope to come to a decision with the other raid leads as soon as possible.

I have done some research and talked to a few people since I made my original post. With that being said it is probably the BiS for all 4 players regardless of roll in the raid. With threat not being an issue at this time i would lean toward giving the Axe to Foroshell, as he is dps for more of the raid then Ascoli. If we can get more dps out of a melee, without Tyr's threat being an issue, I see that as the best use of the weapon at this time.

Markenhoof

Edited by Markenhoof

BTW, this entire conversation is being had as a means of saving time. The ONLY item contributed by the raid for this will be Shadowfrost Shards.

This entire conversation is moot if someone can prove to me that these shards ONLY drop when someone is on the quest.

BTW, this entire conversation is being had as a means of saving time. The ONLY item contributed by the raid for this will be Shadowfrost Shards.

This entire conversation is moot if someone can prove to me that these shards ONLY drop when someone is on the quest.

It looks like this is the case. The shards themselves are not class restricted (unlike the Fragment of Val'anyr), are BoP (unlike prior legendary pieces in MC), and are required for a later quest in the chain, so I don't see why they would drop in any other circumstance.

Honestly, Shadowmourne itself is likely to be the best weapon for any of us and nobody will get "more" use out of it than anyone else since it can be gemmed to provide different benefits depending on role/spec (stam x3 for me, strength/whatever for others). There is still one unanswered question regarding the shards that nobody knows quite yet: are they lootable by more than one person like some quest items (e.g. by everyone on the quest). If so, then the shards aren't the gating factor.

It looks like this is the case. The shards themselves are not class restricted (unlike the Fragment of Val'anyr), are BoP (unlike prior legendary pieces in MC), and are required for a later quest in the chain, so I don't see why they would drop in any other circumstance.

Honestly, Shadowmourne itself is likely to be the best weapon for any of us and nobody will get "more" use out of it than anyone else since it can be gemmed to provide different benefits depending on role/spec (stam x3 for me, strength/whatever for others). There is still one unanswered question regarding the shards that nobody knows quite yet: are they lootable by more than one person like some quest items (e.g. by everyone on the quest). If so, then the shards aren't the gating factor.

Works for me, we'll revisit the issue when someone reaches that point in the quest line or when we have no more practical uses for saronite in the raid (which ever comes first).

• 3 weeks later...

Good news everyone! A new wing of Icecrown is about to open with three more bosses. So if you have nothing to do during downtime tomorrow, please visit these links and read up on what is to come, courtesy of TankSpot's Pre-Release guides.

- Festergut:

Strat: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f128/58754-...-encounter.html (Long read!)

Abilities: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=892

- Rotface:

Strat: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f128/58649-...-encounter.html (Again, long read! Grab a cold one/possibly some Asprin before you click.)

Abilities: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=899

- Professor Putricide:

Abilities: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=898

Strat:

This fight apparently was a buggy mess on the test realms, and very few successful (if any, lol) tries went underway for this guy. Aside from a few crappy YouTube streams, there isn't much out there that's actually HELPFUL info aside from the same ol' ability list. Here's what one website (Downfallguild.org) suggests:

This fight was never really tested on PTR so there's a lot of unknowns. Well it was tested for 1 day, but massively bugged so this is all the info people got out of it...

Mutated Transformation is gained from drinking a potion on the table. They turn you into an abomination, and the raid will take 4.5K damage per 2 sec. But in turn they will aid the fight with...

* Eat Ooze, which consumes the various slime pools that are dropped

* Regurgitate Ooze, which will slow targets by 50%, will be key to kiting things

* Mutated Slash, which increases physical damage taken by 4% for 20 sec stacks to 5

That's what they have to do, basically in that order.

There will be Gas Clouds that chase random targeted player, who would have a 10 stack of Gaseous Bloat on them. Every 2 seconds, it'll do the damage and drop off a stack. When the Gas Cloud catches up, you explode, the more stacks you still have the higher the damage. So, one, run the ###### away and try to drop off the stacks. Two, the Abomination should try to slow the Gas Cloud down. Three, Ranged DPS try burn the Gas Cloud down before he can even reach the target.

There will be Volatile Oozes that target a random player, roots them in place and slowly goes to him. When he reaches the target, it will explode for 40K, but split among all hit within 10 yards. So one, Abomination slow this one down. Two, group up around the target if convenient to split the damage. Three, melee dps should try to burn it down, if failed, they're at least all near the target by the time it reaches so they can all split the damage. Ranged dps can help out too if they finish off their Gas Clouds. Also if failed to burn it down, the ooze will randomly select a new target so regroup.

Once all that is taken care of, you can play with Putricide. Or maybe it's more of a split raid thing, like M'uru/Deathwhisper, with some on boss, some kill adds, etc.

But anyways, Putricide himself mostly does things that you just have to run away from. Choking Gas, don't stand in them. Expanding Ooze, what the abominations must eat up, don't stand in them. Malleable Goo, another Shadow Crash thing, so don't stand under the area they're gonna hit.

Might be all there is to it, maybe more, maybe less. We'll have to see when it goes live. Remember, you start off with 10 attempts. Good luck!