Zuworty's Raid Information

Martok

The healer loot list is in the first post of this forum where it says "Healing Lead". click on that.

Unfortunately, its a public Googledoc spreadsheet but they Google has it now so you actually must have a gmail account to view it. So anyhow, sign up for a gmail account so you can see that stuff :rotflmao:

Of ME? Seriously? I have posted pics of be up here before and I don't see how this REMOTELY reminds you of me.

Kalea? Ok. I see that....

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone ready to kick Anub'arak in the face tonight?!

Also, I found this little gem the other night and it immediately reminded me of Kalea and Uglutz :rotflmao:

2272.jpg

*dies laughing* I'm not really either the motor home or the Walmart type. That's just Uglutz angling for a place to stay when he come to Las Vegas.

My reply: GET A ROOM!

*dies laughing* I'm not really either the motor home or the Walmart type. That's just Uglutz angling for a place to stay when he come to Las Vegas.

My reply: GET A ROOM!

See, THIS is how I picture Kalea:

Kalea.jpg

You men are so mean. This is why she looks about ready to kick your butts!

I just wanted to let you know i'm heading off to sunny florida for greener pastures and delactible children starting next Thursday 10/29. So in total i'll be gone about 3 raid nights. Don't miss me too much :rotflmao:

8128_153672988740_579218740_2759302_2748129_n.jpg

Edited by Orcala

I sent my gear list in, other people that haven't do that too so you don't lose gear!

See you all Thursday :rotflmao:

Added your stuff.... except for the stuff that comes from 10 mans, 5 mans, and the tribute run/heroic ToC (just like I did for everyone else... I only wanted loot from ony 25, ToC 25 normal, and Ulduar 25. Let me know if I missed anything for anybody.

Zuworty, I think we need to have another discussion here about what we want to accomplish as a group. I thought our goal at this point was to do the Hard Modes and get a key to Algalon. We are not going to accomplish this if we have people who are bored and only show up because they don't want to miss out on dkp/loot. For myself, I'm tired of hearing about the cost of repairs/consumables, wiping, and how people are bored and don't want to be in Ulduar.

Some of us think that the added challenges of the hard modes and achievements are fun. If we're going to do these, we need to have all our members on board. Hard modes are HARD and require all of us to pay attention and try our best. We are going to wipe while we learn. If you don't want to be in Ulduar, please just sit yourself out and give the rest of us a chance to reach the goals.

I hate to see us leave this instance, like we did the Black Temple, because people have the attention span of gnats and want to quit when there's no loot left in it for them.

On the other hand, if we're just going to be a casual raid that's satisfied with having defeated Yogg-Saron once and just wants to farm ToC for emblems, we need to have that stated too.

I tend to agree with the spirit of Kalea's post. We seem to be at a bit of a cross roads in our raid. Those who want to do hard modes and achievements and put in some work, and those who want to ride the loot train and are content to just do the instances at normal difficulty either because A: They don’t want the added stress and time it takes to do heroic mode, or B: Are not able to play at that level either through gear or play style, or patience. I have no problem with either style of play. But in order to keep going forward it would be nice to know what type of raid this is, or is becoming so that we are on the same page. We seem to have two distinct groups in the raid; those who want to push for heroic, and those that are happy with normal. Both of these groups are making it tough on the other because their goals are not going in the same direction. On these hard modes we all need to be sharp and know the mechanics of the fights... even one or two people who have "checked out" for these hard modes make it almost impossible to complete these fights. Before we spend more time and effort into hard modes, maybe we should take a look at whether everyone is on board. Case in point is last night, Zu instituted a -5 dkp penalty for no flask or food... crazy how almost everybody complied for a rather small penalty to there means to acquire loot. If you are here just for loot and don’t want a challenge just say so. If you want to put in time researching fights and mechanics and come each night ready to do hard modes great. But having half of the raid on each side won’t work to succeed in hard mode.

yah i'm with you all on only 1/2 the people really are wanting to try hard modes. It takes lots of work and dedication to get them down. I for one love achievements and want to work on hard mode but there times i feel like we are getting no where.

Hey Kalea,

I hear ya!

At this point I think it's pretty clear to everyone how the scheduling is going to work out:

- Tuesdays will ALWAYS be ToC followed by Ulduar Hard Modes

- Thursdays will ALWAYS be Ulduar Hard Modes followed by Onyxia

- We will NOT reset the Ulduar ID

- We will NOT tackle ToGC until we have completed a significant number of hard modes

We can clear VoA, ToC and Onyxia in under 1.5h. To those of you who are not interested in doing Hard Modes or Heroics, I ask: "What do you want to do? Nothing? Farm Ulduar for shards?"

If that's the case than please let me know. I'll bump you down to replacement and we'll try and get motivated folks who's goals align with the majority.

=======================

Ultimately, what I see happening is the raid is turning a new page. We are tacking the next level in difficult and as such we need to prepare ourselves in consequence. Folks need to figure out new ways of improving themselves, they need to come prepared, have their gems and enchants in order.

All the things we have said since the beginning only become more important. If someone has survived with one or two bad enchants/gems up till this point well that isn't going to work anymore. If you've lived with 2 flasks per raid instead of 3, that too will need to change. Every ounce of performance needs to obtained from every player.

As raid lead here are some the issues I have to contend with:

How do I make sure that folks perform to the best of their abilities?

Do I have recheck everyone's gear? Spec? Buff?

Do I slam a DKP stick for every offence?

How do I enable newer players and get them on par with veterans?

Do I prioritize them in the roster?

Do I prioritize loot to them?

What happens if they quit the raid?

How do I deal with less able players?

How do I get them to click their buttons better?

How do I get them to not stand in volcanoes?

What do I do about unmotivated players?

How do I know when a player is no longer motivated?

How do I get them motivates?

Do I even want to keep that player?

The reality is that the list goes on and on. Beyond what I'm currently doing, how else do I address these issues and is it even possible to fix these?

I often find myself taking a step back and realizing that there simply isn't much that I can do. I don't know you people personally, I'm not aware of every intricate detail of your characters. You either want to perform well or you don't really care, no amount of berating is going to change that.

=======================

So here's a question I pose to the raid in its entirety:

Given my limited power to actual do something about low performing players, the only real factor for changing raid dynamics is replacing people. Regardless of past threats and whatnot, we can as a group consent to do this. Taking this route changes the raid composition dramatically, forget raiding with friends, you'll be raiding with strangers. All spots are up for grabs and you are judge solely based on your abilities, gear and numbers. Is this a route we want to take?

Zuworty, you are the raid leader. You do have power if you choose to use it. :nub: Look what a little bit of the dkp stick did Thursday night.

If we're going to be serious about trying to do Ulduar hard modes and get an Algalon key, we do need to have people in the raid that are serious about trying. Talk to your Class Leaders. They know who's working to improve themselves, staying out of bad stuff, pissing and moaning about working in Ulduar, etc. All of you make an evaluation and decide which direction to go. Yes, that puts each of us on the carpet to possibly be replaced, but as much as I'd like to move ahead, I don't want to be the one holding the group back.

One more item I'd like an opinion on from our leaders. In my opinion, if you're one of those players who's saving your dkp to spend ONLY on trophies or best in slot items.......YOU MAY BE HURTING THE RAID. For those fights where we need just a little bit more dps/healing, an intermediate upgrade, properly gemmed and enchanted, might just get us over the hump. So you're not first in line for the next best in slot or trophy. There will always be others.

Just piping in.... I think we are making great progress on the hard modes. We saw steady improvement through out the whole night on thursday on both XT002 and Council. of course there will be bad attempts here and there... they even happen on farm content. People need to stop ######ing and accept that people make mistakes on occasion, and that raiding and wiping go hand in hand. For those people whining on how our time would be better spent in ToGC-25 (heroic ToC 25), that content is much harder than the ulduar hardmodes we are trying. Sure there may not be many upgrades from ulduar hard-modes, but since when is raiding solely about gear? Isn't it about over coming a challenge with members of a team, while having fun?

And kalea's right, people should take upgrades as they come: everyone will get trophies eventually, DKP only decides who gets what first. As the physical DPS lead, I'm going through peoples gear/gems/enchants/specs/rotations/DPS, and see if they make sense according to what a raider should be, while taking into account our buff ######es (buff ######es will typically have lower DPS than the rest of their class but boost the raid damage, and that needs to be taken into account). At this stage in the game, people should have epic gems in all their ilvl 226 gear and higher (any gear of a lower ilvl should be your priority to replace ASAP, unless of course it is one of the top items around, like darkmoon card greatness, grim toll, mjolnir runestone, etc.)

Those are my ramblings.

I've tried to up my dps as well and you can see it in the new charts a big improvement! (new rotation and new gems)

Not picky about the loot at all too, if it's an good upgrade i'll roll on it as you know haha

I've tried to up my dps as well and you can see it in the new charts a big improvement! (new rotation and new gems)

Not picky about the loot at all too, if it's an good upgrade i'll roll on it as you know haha

why do you roll on spellpower cloth? :nub:

I've added to Zuworty's spreadsheet who gives the appropriate buffs/debuffs. Looking at peoples specs/glyphs it seems we have two major short falls on debuffs:

Melee hit debuff - Druze could you please replace your glyph of insect swarm. We realize that it improves your DPS (by about 500 DPS), but you will take a much lower hit to your DPS than if a hunter swaps from Serpent Sting to scorpid sting (for me it's about a 1000 DPS loss, and for karrock and anamarie its more than 2000 DPS).

Physical Damage Vulnerability (4% Physical DPS Boost) - It looks like Skolo has gone to Assasination, so we don't have a person providing this anymore. Our choice is to have a rogue provide this, or have Maalick go arms and have a rogue provide this when maalick is not around for a night. I will talk to the rogues/Maalick later about this.

Also if Maalick goes arms, orcala/notoken do not need to worry about keeping up mangle... not sure how much of a DPS difference that would be.

additionally we have 2 minor issues on buffs:

Agility/Strength - We don't have access to the improved version of Strength of Earth, and its probably not worthwhile to have a shaman pick them up (23 more strength/agility to our tanks/physical DPS... maybe 250-500 more raid DPS, slightly higher tank avoidance), at the expense of healing and personal DPS.

Melee Haste - We don't have access to the improved version of Windfury Totem (deep enhancement Shaman), or a Improved Icy Talons (Deep Frost DK). I'm not sure if the addition 4% melee haste is worth the DPS difference for our DK to go frost.

We can solve both of these minor issue by getting an enhancement shaman for physical DPS.

Edited by Kailand

Tain and I are almost certainly out tomorrow night. Our apartment flooded pretty badly today (think standing water throughout the entire unit, his computer is toast for sure). We're in a hotel, I don't even have my gaming machine and I don't want to think about everything that's ruined.

And I just respec'd too :nub:

Tain and I are almost certainly out tomorrow night. Our apartment flooded pretty badly today (think standing water throughout the entire unit, his computer is toast for sure). We're in a hotel, I don't even have my gaming machine and I don't want to think about everything that's ruined.

And I just respec'd too :nub:

Ouch, that's too bad. I hope that nothing unreplacable was damaged, and I look forward to dodging your teeth again when you get everything dried and fixed up.

Here is an illustration of my problem:

---------------- water level ------------------

---------------- Video Card -----------------

---------------- HDD 1 -----------------------

---------------- HDD 0 -----------------------

So I am out for at least the next week and possibly two depending on how quickly insurance does its thing.

I'm out this week as well. Although my gaming laptop survived and although I could REALLY use the distraction, I need to stay focused on all that insurance/cleaning up crap. If you are friends with me on FB, you can see videos I've posted of the mess. I hope none of you ever get flooded cuz it aint pretty.