Patch 3.2

Holyssa

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/...patchnotes.html

Rawr! See above for 3.2 mirrors.

Also: be wary of where you go to update your addons. Sites have been affected by a new Adobe Flash trojan, and while places like Curse.com have claimed to fix the problem, that doesn't mean it's completely gone from other websites.

http://www.curse.com/articles/curse-en-news/526956.aspx

Recently there were a number of websites compromised due to an Adobe flash player vulnerability. This vulnerability allowed the injection of flash scripts that download keyloggers onto unsuspecting visitors' computers, opening up the potential for the player to be hacked and lose their video game account.

Thursday (7/30/09) Adobe released an update, and it's important for everyone who has Adobe flash player installed to download this patch. If you do not, your computer and video game accounts are at risk.

Find out about the update, or download it and start installing it as soon as you can. You can also use the auto update feature within the flash player if you desire updating through that method.

Please, do this as soon as you can. This vulnerability is very real, and there are people attempting to steal accounts this very moment. Any website you visit until you've updated may be a potential threat to your computer's security.

As an extra precaution, please make sure to run virus scans on your computers to ensure they're clean of threats. The known keylogger files circulating related to this are:

* a.exe

* b.exe

* c.exe

* 6to4ex.dll

There may be variations of these files we don't know about yet, so please if you detect anything else let us know.

Unfortunately, several addon pages on Curse.com were compromised due to a obscure bug in the html sanitization process. We've removed these comments and released an emergency patch to ensure that this does not happen again.

While the Curse Client remained unaffected by the attack it is still very important for all users to to follow the above steps to make sure you're no longer vulnerable to these attacks.

Happy patching! *opens a fridge full of Night Elf heads to feed to his baby Venomhide Ravasaur*

Quite a few UI code changes in this patch as well, so expect some issues if you're raiding over the next day or two and use more than a few add-ons (you don't want to know how many I have loaded).

Anyone who plays a shaman will want to visit their trainer to learn the new Call spells (and check out the new keybindings for them). You may also want to keep your totem macros handy until you get used to the new totem bar and learn it's limitations. It's likely that you'll use one of your "old" macros at times, especially if you have more than three frequently-used totem sets to think about (the totem bar's limited to only saving three sets). In time, authors will likely extend the new totem bar to handle more sets or macros will get posted on how to alter the existing ones on the fly, but better to have some way to still handle those cases in the meantime than wrestle with manually changing them in a pinch. The bar itself is a bit clunky, but you should get used to it pretty quickly.

Quite a few UI code changes in this patch as well, so expect some issues if you're raiding over the next day or two and use more than a few add-ons (you don't want to know how many I have loaded).

I'm more worried about the lack of Extended Maintenance for this patch. I predict server vomits galore, not to mention a sea of QQs from people that cannot get into the Colosseum 5-man due to full instances (since everyone's going to chain-farm Heroics for the new badges).

So what's on everyone's to-do list? I'm gonna...

- Download new addons as I stare at the Authenticating/load screen.

- Prospect the dump-truck load of Titanium Ore I farmed...and blow all the JC tokens on tanky designs >.>

- Pay some raptors a visit in an attempt to boost my lackluster pet collection. The new raptor minipet art brings back fond memories of the Bonk games on TG16...

Here's a list for our pet-crazed Crushers to get a jump-start!

Darting Hatchling - Dart - Dustwallow Marsh

Leaping Hatchling - Takk the Leaper - The Barrens

Obsidian Hatchling - Vendor - Breanni - Dalaran

Razormaw Hatchling - Razormaw Matriarch - Wetlands

Razzashi Hatchling - Razzashi Raptor - Zul'Gurub

- Buy the Paladin-only Tourney charger. Hi-ho silver~!

- Muster the courage to run Occulus now that drakes scale with gear.

- Take a funny picture with "black" Orcala.

- /popcorn as people in public channels QQ over not reading the notes.

- Brainstorm my first actual twink. Yay for freezing XP gains!

My to-do list starts with getting the "I wrote it" add-ons fixed, since it's not like anyone else is going to fix them for me (and get the new SkillMonitor version tagged/uploaded to WoWI). I'm mostly going to avoid the new stuff during prime-time, personally. The new instance and raid will be PACKED and I'm sure we'll be hearing gripes and groans about the new Wintergrasp queuing system, WSG changes, and the Isle. Un'goro Crater will also be mobbed. I'm in no rush and don't like crowds, so I'll be keeping a low profile. Between prospecting/jewelcrafting, idle pet farming, and playing code monkey, I'm sure I'll have enough to keep me busy and out of the "suddenly overpopulated" areas for a bit (or at least while 95% of the server population is online).

Oh, add-on note: If you use Fubar, it's likely to break when you log in due to a problem with Rock. Last I checked, ckk hasn't posted any plans to fix it (he might, he might not), so you may want to look into moving over to DockingStation (or any of the other Broker bars) and LDB equivalents of your Fubar add-ons. Worst case, if you can't find a LDB equivalent for your favourite Fubar add-ons, you can probably use Fubar2Broker (it's on Curse) until you do.

Other add-on categories that might not work quite as expected, so keep your eyes out for updates if you use them heavily:

• Loot trackers and emblem/token counters (including DKP add-ons that don't know about the new emblem itemIDs)
  • Battleground info/stats (WSG changes and addition of the Isle)
  • RaidID trackers (API change to reflect extended lockouts and heroic/non types of new 10/25 raids)
  • Action Bar add-ons (shaman totem bar)

It's still early, and authors are already posting releases of most of the popular stuff, but I wanted to give a heads-up just in case (and especially about Fubar, in case ckk doesn't post an update...I'd rather let people know about possible alternatives in advance).

Oh, add-on note: If you use Fubar, it's likely to break when you log in due to a problem with Rock. Last I checked, ckk hasn't posted any plans to fix it (he might, he might not), so you may want to look into moving over to DockingStation (or any of the other Broker bars) and LDB equivalents of your Fubar add-ons. Worst case, if you can't find a LDB equivalent for your favourite Fubar add-ons, you can probably use Fubar2Broker (it's on Curse) until you do.

It looks like CKK did update FuBar. No idea if it works though, since the servers are still under maintenance.

Ignore what I said about no Extended Maintenance. Don't you just love inevitability?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...55659&sid=1

The maintenance time has been extended as we continue to work on the databases while applying a new patch. We currently expect all realms to be available for play by approximately 3:00pm PDT. Thank you for your patience.

My to-do list is to have Jhend buy a couple of the new JC cuts *he only has tokens for two or three* which will definitely include the Runed cut, the only high-demand cut he still doesn't have for the rare gems *shakes his fist at the KT dailies* Then Scryll will learn his new transmute recipes, including the quest for the Cardinal Ruby. He will either go to Un'goro after and start working with the Ravasaur trainer or just continue working on Loremaster.

One of the mage changes has been reverted already...Living Bomb tick crits will no longer proc Hot Streak. It apparently "was determined to be too powerful" in discussions. God forbid mage damage actually comes close to warlocks/hunters (yes, I'm bitter; *feels "Sunwelled" again*).

Edited by Waldonnis

One of the mage changes has been reverted already...Living Bomb tick crits will no longer proc Hot Streak. It apparently "was determined to be too powerful" in discussions. God forbid mage damage actually comes close to warlocks/hunters (yes, I'm bitter; *feels "Sunwelled" again*).

I'm still waiting for my inevitable Beacon of Light nerf.