O brother where art thou?

Perthes

As some of you have prolly seen.. I have not been online with either Rakin or Perthes for quite some time.

Ive been online sure but only for a brief moment here and there.

Reason for this is.. I have nothing to work towards on either of my level 80 toons.

Only time im on them is if im checking my mail or can get a pug raid group..

DPS classes for me is boring right now as they are plentiful. So i have started a new toon. A druid that is giving me new life.

Working on making it a Healer and offspec Tank toon that can bring me in some raids.

I love to raid.. but raiding as dps is .. getting me no where right now...

- Hunters.. everybody and their dog has one in their arsenal it seems...

- Arms / Fury Warriors.. gimped on the dps scale... especially with the gear this toon has.

Ive tried to work with people to make raids work, but with so many egos.. it broke me down.

Also when people are ######ing and calling names i tend to loose my cool side... and when this happens.. i tend to de-socialize myself with those individuals.

On a flip side of note.. I have not had a head ache in weeks.. ever since i ended the Sunday 10 man.

I will still be around...

Everyone needs a break and/or a change of pace sometimes and it sounds like you're suffering from classic "raider burnout". I have avoided it for so long by establishing small goals that I can accomplish on my own, whether it be pet collecting, reps, or even spur-of-the-moment RP sessions. If all else fails, I just make an alt and have fun without worrying about dealing with the usual raiding crap and associated gear grind. Mostly, it's about finding things that you enjoy, but don't have to rely on others to accomplish. If you're entirely focused on group activities, it makes for a very dull life when you have no group around you (which is most of the time) and interest/enjoyment naturally wanes.

Sounds like you're enjoying a playstyle change, which is good news. It's part of why I have so many characters: I enjoy having options as to roles available to me and, more importantly, options of how I accomplish those roles. Right now, for instance, I have 2 dedicated healers, but each has their own way of going about it. Some days, I enjoy Adranna's versality, but other days, I prefer the efficiency and raw single-target healing that Jaryndis provides. Same goes for DPS and even tanking. Having only specs to change between for role shifts doesn't compare to having entirely different mechanics available to you when it comes to challenging yourself and "shaking it up".

As I realised many MMOs ago: you can have the best gear, spec, more money than anyone on the server, etc...but none of it really matters if you're not having fun, and it's not like you can take it with you if the game vanished tomorrow. New gear gets replaced, monetary gains go up with expansions, and so forth, but at the end of the day, we only walk away with memories and the friendships we've made along the way. Make the most of those and enjoy the people around you and it makes for a much more enjoyable experience than if you just buy into the "gear treadmill" concept.

Oh im not burnt out. Im just not having any luck finding a raid group that fits my style.

But I do enjoy the "newness" of playing a new toon.

I guess im spoiled when it comes to raiding.

I love to raid. But I dont like being part of a raid that make you feel like crap when you do something wrong or having people gang up on someone because they did something that was not good.

I know that finding a group that doesnt do any of that is like saying: Aliens? hah they dont exist.

But we all know they do exist :)

So all in all... i guess what im saying is... there is nothing for me to do anymore with my toons except do dailies and grind gold and stumble upon someone who needs a fill in for a raid spot.

I love to raid. I wish to raid. I wish I could do like so many are doing... but cannot do cause of my own limitations..