Shaman spec's

Corellon

Hey, It's me again, playing around with another class and would like to improve upon it. Maybe helping others improve/alter their spec's and rotations. Blackhed is Resto/Elemental spec'd. I only gear for the Resto side of things, since that's my primary spec. It looks to me like the gear works very well for Elemental, almost too well. My dps is much higher than I had expected with gear. Right now, I think I have the hang of the dps rotation. lighting/flame shock/lava burst/earth shock . . . rinse and repeat. But the Healing, I'm pretty sure there is a trick to it that I haven't quite gotten yet. I know the spells, maybe I just need to practice the fights more to know when to use certain heals. As I work with this toon more and more I'm beginning to feel it's pretty much a "by the seat of my pants" style of play. Unfortunately I don't know if anyone can explain that to me with out taking me into a run and telling me what I'm doing wrong or over doing. But if anyone has suggestions, this would be a good place to put it. I may try Enhanced, but it will take a bit of time to gather the gear for that. Anyway, any input or information would be kindly taken and shared with all that read the forums. The Warlock is also being tweaked still, it doesn't look like many post such information that google can search so again thank you in advance for any information.

Ah, resto! I know something of this!

I would like to speak with you in ts about this some, as well as maybe see you do some healing in an instance.

My overall rotations are as follows:

RAIDS: Riptide is always up on my main healing target or main tank along with Earth Shield. I almost exclusively use lesser healing wave. The riptide gives you the casting time bonus on the LHW. I only use the big healing wave in conjunction with nature's swiftness. (this might change with the upcoming patch).

I also throw chain heals like there is no tomorrow. Main tank is a great target to hit with chain heal in order to heal the melee group. Ensure Riptide is up on the MT so you can smack them with a BIG heal consuming the riptide. Warlocks are a favorite chain heal target of mine as well as they are always tapping away their life and standing in the middle of the ranged DPS.

5 man groups: Same stuff. Riptide and earthshield on main tank, heal main tank with lesser healing wave.......throw some lessers if dps is getting whacked on ..... use natures swiftness with big heal for emergencies.

Hey there, Smed!

Uglutz has hit the nail on the head (especially since Ive learned much of how to heal from him ;p). If I could make another suggestion: go to the link I'm posting below and get the macro for casting a nature's swiftness using tidal force. It will allow you to choose a chain heal or greater heal and quickly throw one out in those oh crap moments. Also, make sure you have earthliving weapon up. Lately, Ive been doing a little more healing, and I find that if you have a well-geared tank, you can keep the main tank up in non-boss fights with ES, riptide, and earthliving alone.

Should you choose to foray into enhancement, just let me know, and Ill show you how to steal aggro like a champ! ;p

Here is the post I promised: EJ Resto Shaman Thinktank

There is also good info there on gem choices that you could use.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.