Druids, your prayers have been answered!

Holyssa

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underd...ruid-forms.html

In our next major content patch, druids will find a host of new textures for two major forms, cat and bear. There will be five different designs for each of these forms for the Horde and Alliance. Night elves can choose to change their cat and bear look at any time by visiting the barber shop and changing their character's hair color, while tauren will be able to change which look they use by switching skin tones in the barber shop -- a new feature for tauren in the next major content patch. Given that there are more hair colors and skin tones than unique form looks, some colors and tones will overlap with these new textures. The hair and skin colors chosen will, in most cases, correspond with the color seen in the look of each form. Some similar colors that may share a particular cat texture will not necessarily share the same bear texture.

We'd like to share with you this new art for each form and faction in four installments. So without further ado, our first preview is for the five new textures of the tauren druid bear form. We'll also show the current form design so you can easily see the extra detail and textures of the new art. Work continues on new looks for the remaining druid forms and we hope to add them in future content patches.

ss1.jpg

For a sampler, this looks VERY promising. Happy Birthday!

Where is the new Tree form? I hope bear and cat dont get all the love. I understand there are probably more feral druids then resto, so I hope ours come out before the next expansion.

WTB Shark aquatic form

ss2.jpg

Night Elf Bear art released. So far Horde wins the vote for most attractive-looking druid forms...the colored Elvis sideburns kind of ruined it, and are far more noticeable. On the bright side, no more massive back hump, but they may have just recycled the model used for bears in the wilderness. Bleh.

Cross your fingers and hope they do away with the Circus Lion look tauren cats have been cursed with!

Night Elf Bear art released. So far Horde wins the vote for most attractive-looking druid forms...

I don't know... the NE bear form on the upper left looks kinda like a werewolf which druids always wanted the bottom of the feral tree to be! (balance got moonkin and healing got tree, and we get more time in goofy bear/cat forms...)

Edited by Orcala

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...COW CAT!

ss3.jpg

+No more lockjaw. There's a blue post somewhere saying Bear got a similar treatment (ie no more bugs flying into a bear's mouth), but can't find it :\

+Looks more intimidating. No more bright eyed smiling kitty chasing you in WSG!

+Fur looks very detailed around the mane, and it looks like an actual lion as opposed to a starved wind rider.

-The head is huge/scaled oddly. Looks okay when idle, but a bit lengthy when seated, particularly around the muzzle.

-Nose rings look out of place. Here's hoping this is also just an appearance-choice thing, like the fur color.

-Dark colors don't seem to blend well. The upper-right one looks like Kimahri Ronso (from Final Fantasy X) mixed with a pack mule.

-The head is huge/scaled oddly. Looks okay when idle, but a bit lengthy when seated, particularly around the muzzle.

-Nose rings look out of place. Here's hoping this is also just an appearance-choice thing, like the fur color.

-Dark colors don't seem to blend well. The upper-right one looks like Kimahri Ronso (from Final Fantasy X) mixed with a pack mule.

From the pictures, the odd scaling may be more of a rendering/perspective problem. Without a spacial reference, even the old cat looks strange and stretched. If they're using lions as a reference (looks to be), then the larger head proportions are actually fairly accurate (wouldn't be very good hunters otherwise; they need a strong jaw/muzzle and a larger nasal cavity). They do look to have borrowed a bit too much from the Tauren model facially, which is a bit disappointing. I would really like to see these on something other than a black background and with in-game lighting to get a better idea of how the colours will look. Guess I'll have to wait for PTR that way. Is it obvious that I've done some work on 3D animal meshes before? Happy Birthday!

In all, it's a good series. If the manes "flow" a bit better and don't look "solid", then the animations should look good. I'm curious to see how the Night Elf cat models turn out by comparison. If past experience is worth anything, they'll stick with the panther model style and spice it up a bit, which will probably look quite good. Now if we could only get them to introduce male and female models instead of forcing all Tauren cats to appear as male lions and all Night Elves to look like non-gendered panthers...

And finally, Night Elves:

ss4.jpg

Of the new forms, this ties with tauren bears as the best of the new art IMO. Too bad Night Elves only go good over a roasting fire...

+ Doesn't look like Anorexia Cat around the arms.

+ No more old-man stubble. It looks like...well, fur now.

+ No more pointy tail.

- Eww. Colors look like vomit, but seeing as they are night elves, I can see where they originate from (hair color?)

- Necklace looks kinda odd. One charm would be nice, but three seem more fitting for a moonkin or tree.

- Colored teeth! WTS toothbrush.

And finally, Night Elves:

ss4.jpg

Of the new forms, this ties with tauren bears as the best of the new art IMO. Too bad Night Elves only go good over a roasting fire...

+ Doesn't look like Anorexia Cat around the arms.

+ No more old-man stubble. It looks like...well, fur now.

+ No more pointy tail.

- Eww. Colors look like vomit, but seeing as they are night elves, I can see where they originate from (hair color?)

- Necklace looks kinda odd. One charm would be nice, but three seem more fitting for a moonkin or tree.

- Colored teeth! WTS toothbrush.

I like the bottom left one. the other ones look like they come from square-enix games.

I actually like all of those new Nelf cat form graphics. Most of the tauren ones are pretty good too. The cat forms are pretty much all superior to the bear forms, for both groups.

I'm going to have to change Greenspring's skin-color though, which makes me sad. He looked good with his pure-black light fur. Unfortunately while it gets the black cat model with the red facial markings, which looks great, it also gets the very clashing bear with the yellow paint. Not at all attractive.

sh-ite kids!

Harne might need to come back for this neat'ish'ness!

;)

Edited by Houli