Children's Week

Holyssa

Another holiday, another week of mad grinding races. A lot of the achievements for this seem fairly obvious, but I figure I made this to warn/help folk.

Concerning "Daily Chores":

The achievement was originally similar to "A Simple Re-Quest", ie do 5 dailies across 5 days. It's been hotfixed to merely doing 5 dailies in a row with your orphan out. It's STILL bugged according to Wowhead tips and forum QQ.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...amp;pageNo=1#16 - Official topic regarding this.

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1789#comments:id=700180 - Wowhead

Hail to the King, Baby

This can be done on Normal OR Heroic. Doesn't matter if it's the Outland or Classic orphan model. Don't forget to summon the orphan before the King dies!

Home Alone

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1791#comments

A bunch of horror stories here: ranging from folks not getting credit, addon conflicts, or getting credit twice and not having it stay counted. Rolling restarts are supposed to correct this, but just a heads-up.

There's one tip posted which may help if you have problems:

Had the same problem.. So I tried hearthing from the same place my hearthstone is set to. In my case its dalaran inn, so I hearthed from the inn itself. Got the achievement and logged in and out twice to double check. Achievement stayed kept~ :)

Bad Example

For all you people with alts: you must be L75 to eat most Dalaran snacks.

*Tigule and Foror's Strawberry Ice Cream - sold in zeppelin's Snack-o-Matic, Ironforge (Hallow's End only), Nagrand (A), Nagrand (H), Orgrimmar (Children's Week only), Orgimmar (Hallow's End only), Stormwind (Children's Week only), and Thousand Needles

*Red Velvet Cupcake - sold in Dalaran

*Lovely Cake Slice - sold in Dalaran, as a whole cake. Click the cake to create a slice.

*Dalaran Doughnut - sold in Dalaran

*Tasty Cupcake - made with Cooking

*Delicious Chocolate Cake - made with Cooking.

*Dalaran Brownie - sold in Dalaran

School of Hard Knocks

If you're a regular PvPer, some of these goals will be run-of-the mill, but a bit more brutal due to competition. But for clarification:

AB: Have to cap a base yourself, doesn't count just standing close to one being capped.*

AV: Have to cap a tower yourself, doesn't count just standing close to one being capped.

EotS: Have to cap the flag yourself, doesn't count just standing close to one being capped.

WSG: You have to be the one clicking on the flag to return it. Like when it appears <your name> has returned the <your faction> flag.*

*There's been mixed feedback on WSG & Arathi. Try to clump up on a flag-capper and see what happens.

EotS and WSG will be the toughest by far due to flag-clumpers and turtle teams. Good luck!