Kailand's 10 man

Kailand

I'd like to suggest to all of you that we let our Raid Leader get the next Algalon key quest. He's very generous to just throw it out there for a roll of the dice, but somehow it just seems right that Kailand should have a key.

He can only have it if he promises to put it on a keychain with one of my scrunchies. >:L

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

Here is a nice firefighter video (hard mode mimiron) from the perspective of a ranged DPS. From the looks of it from our few attempts a month ago we were on the right strat. The key thing is being in a loose clump, and always be kiting the various stuff around the room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeik1bdA5F0

Here is the tankspot video with a nice explanation:

• 1 month later...

Ok,

Congratulations, Saurfang is dead! Thank you markenhoof for being available to sub in for a missing tokane on wednesday and a sick kalea on sunday (get better soon). Now, since the holidays are coming up, Wednesday we will go into Icecrown Citadel (since evila won't be with us to knock off Y-S + 1), then we will take a break until January 6, where we will go to ulduar and kill yogg-saron first (assuming we aren't missing anyone). So everybody enjoy their holidays, eat too much food, give and recieve many loots IRL.

-Kailand

• 1 month later...

Congratulations guys on turning off the superbowl and downing Algalon! I'd like us to down him once or twice more, but we will only go back in there and do it when ulduar is the weekly. Now to push progression in ICC. We nearly got putricide on sunday, and I'm sure we will do it this week. So lets put our newb shoes away, and kick some lich king and company butt. I'll also be organising some Algalon attempts outside of the 10 man raid to let others in the guild to experience the fight, you guys are welcome to come (the more experienced people there are the quicker others will learn). these will happen when the weekly raid is not in ulduar.

-Kailand

In case you hadn't noticed, Sunday is Valentine's Day. As much as I like you all, I'm not passing up a chance for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.

I'll be there Wednesday, but I'm off to be treated come Sunday. :dancing_smile:

In case you hadn't noticed, Sunday is Valentine's Day. As much as I like you all, I'm not passing up a chance for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.

I'll be there Wednesday, but I'm off to be treated come Sunday. :dancing_smile:

But you could bring him a nice bunch of roses for Valentine's day. Flowers for Algalon!

Yeah, I know I already made that joke before, but I couldn't resist.

• 1 month later...

Sindragosa

Yes, I know I'm in tank gear so I have a massive health pool and I have my run speed talent so I should be more patient and give everyone a chance to learn... :tease:

I decided to look a bit more into Sindragosa's abilities since I was convinced there was no slowing ability on Icy Grips. Well, there isn't any... the only movement reduction ability she casts is Frost Breath which is a 60yd frontal cone that hits for more than Blistering Cold (the nova she does after the grip). No one but the tank should be getting hit by Frost Breath (unless it's somehow bugged?). I guess there is also the possibility of getting knocked down by a Tail Swipe but I don't see how that's possible... she shouldn't be doing anything other than casting Blistering Cold while we're running out.

Something we might want to consider while learning this fight and getting used to the movement would be using our good old frost resist gear. Right now with frost aura and mark of the wild people are resisting on average 20% of the damage. With 3 pieces we'd get around 40-50% resistance. According to the resistance thread on EJ, with 340 resistance (2 pieces, mark + aura) you are guaranteed to resist a minimum of 30% of the damage. Anyway, it's something to think about... (I know, we lose DPS, but what we need right now is more practice at staying alive).

I expect we will down her on Sunday so I guess I should be looking at the next fight instead. :cool:

Edited by Ascoli

WoWScrnShot_031410_200939.jpg

^ By far the most epic screenshot of the night. With Kalea down for the count, Skywatcher ascends the turnbuckle, fixes his eyes on Tokane, and takes to the skies! I can't watch! *covers eyes*

^ By far the most epic screenshot of the night. With Kalea down for the count, Skywatcher ascends the turnbuckle, fixes his eyes on Tokane, and takes to the skies! I can't watch! *covers eyes*

If only I'd remembered to be all anime-like and yell something like "SUPER FLYING COW ATTAAAACK!" it woulda worked out better.

I wish I'd had Fraps running for the "Holy sh*t! She's coming through the door!" wipe.

WoWScrnShot_031410_200939.jpg

That cracked my ass up.

• 2 months later...

I guess I should have posted this link earlier. But here is the guide for heroic Marrowgar that I was talking about.

Basically, during whirlwind we split up in 4 groups around the circle in the middle of the room. The groups would be something like: Holyssa, Ascoli, Kailand, everyone else. Ascoli would be west, Kailand east, Holyssa south and everyone else north. If the bone storm heads towards the big group, everyone should move as a group and not scatter. Anyway, this is just a suggestion, we'll see what Kailand decides to do!

Edited by Ascoli

• 1 month later...

I know we're off this Wednesday, but I'll probably try and get a Ruby Sanctum run together (assuming they release it). Realm will be down tomorrow so I won't be able to ask everyone to see who is interested. Let me know if you are.

Since I can't sleep, here's our Halion strat recap (might change a little once boss mods are updated I guess):

Phase 1:

- Remove magic/curse the debuff (ideally after the person moves to the edge of the circle), the more marks are up the bigger the circle.

- Avoid meteor strikes and don't stand in the fire trails.

Phase 2: (everyone inside the portal)

- Remove magic/curse the debuff (ideally after the person moves to the edge of the circle), the more marks are up the bigger the circle.

- Orbs move clockwise, tank moves away from the orbs and everyone else chases them:

A | B

------

C | D

Let's say the orbs are at the top and bottom, tank would be at B, everyone else at A or D (make sure you are with a healer), dragon tail is at C (stay away).

Phase 3:

- Group splits into two, "melee" group stays inside, "caster" group goes back through the portals.

- Same abilities as in P1 and P2.

- We want to keep Corporeality at 50% (it's indicated at the top of the screen), to do this: when it goes above 50% inside DPS stops, and below 50% outside DPS stops.

Oh yeah, stay in range of healers at all times in P3 since one of the groups will only have one healer, we don't want them to have to chase you around, there is plenty of room. I think that covers most of it...

Edited by Ascoli

• 2 months later...

All you can eat (last achievement)...

Been reading up on this achievement. A lot of groups have been zerging this... 1 healer, 1 tank, go crazy and ignore ice blocks. I don't know if we can manage the dps, but it might be worth a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Tokane has to attend a funeral on wednesday, and with evila out, and next week looking iffy, I'm just going to end the raid now instead of struggling for the next couple raids. Its been a good run everyone, and thank you all for the fun. Thanks to those who helped out when regulars couldn't show up.

Kailand, your fearful leader.

Tokane has to attend a funeral on wednesday, and with evila out, and next week looking iffy, I'm just going to end the raid now instead of struggling for the next couple raids. Its been a good run everyone, and thank you all for the fun. Thanks to those who helped out when regulars couldn't show up.

Kailand, your fearful leader.

Thank you for leading us Kailand. I don't know how you manage putting up with such a group of misfits without pulling all your hair out or losing your temper.

Thank you for leading us Kailand. I don't know how you manage putting up with such a group of misfits without pulling all your hair out or losing your temper.

Beware the fury of a patient (Canadian) man!

And I agree, thanks for all the awesome memories with this expansion, Kailand and friends. I eagerly look forward to tanking again when Cata's challenges await us! :sorry: