Kailand's 10 man

Kailand

Hi,

I just thought that I'd start a new thread to reflect the fact that my ten man group has swapped to ulduar. With our second serious week in ulduar we managed to kill 7 bosses (up to Auriaya, the crazy cat lady), including 3 that we've seen for the first time, as well as take out both of the VoA bosses. Congratulation goes to my regulars, and to Elrikk who substituted in for Eigun, for showing great adaptability and flexibility as we spent only 2-3 attempts on the new encounters before getting them down.

Times: 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm Wednesdays, + 7:30pm-11:00pm Sunday

Roster:

Holyssa (MT, loves to get hit on... hard)

Ascoli (OT, cat lover *pounce*)

Kalea (Healer, *splat* it never happened)

Kadiana (Healer, fire magnet)

Tokane (Healer, burning battlebush of death - only you can prevent druid fires)

Jestin (DPS, Portal Demon of hate)

Evila (DPS, Evil light, all the evil just less calories)

Skywatcher (DPS, Pink bird, ATTACK!)

Kailand (DPS/Raid Lead, Clueless)

NEEDED (DPS w/interupts)

Subs

Elrikk/Foroshell/Anamarie - (DPS in waiting)

Edited by Kailand

Whatever day you pick for the second one is fine with me.

*trips, dies, reincarnates* IT NEVER HAPPENED!

Since we seem to have the hang of them, we should start trying for some of the achievements on the first 4 bosses. Shattered seems easily doable (blow up 2 constructs within 5 seconds of each other during the Ignis fight). Try for the 1 air phase Razorscale. Also maybe try Flame Leviathan with one defense tower up? Didn't really look at them in details so there might be more we could do.

Just added the second day to the main post: 7:30pm - 11:00 pm sundays. and ascoli, I was thinking of doing one tower FL on wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna be able to make it tonight since it's my father's birthday (he dings 60 IRL). If I do pop on, it probably won't be till really late :hail:

And yea, I know I hit accept on the in-game calendar, but my brain took a #2 and I totally forgot. D'oh!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok gang, I'd like everyone to go through the various achievements and look for ones that you can think that we can get easily.

So far on the list we have:

Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare

Dwarfageddon

Nerf Engineering

Rubble and Roll

With open arms

Ok gang, I'd like everyone to go through the various achievements and look for ones that you can think that we can get easily.

XT-002:

Must Deconstruct Faster: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2937

We keep coming close to this one. I think it's just one of those we'll "accidentally" unlock as we grow close to roasting the heart.

Ignis:

Shattered: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2925

Kill 2 constructs within 5 seconds, then finish off the fat guy.

Stokin' the Furnace: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2930

Killing him in 4 minutes. This is one of those things that will simply pop up with better gear.

Iron Council:

Can't Do That While Stunned: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2947

Really tricky, but it doesn't require a crazy gear-check like the hard mode stuff. Just careful interrupt timing.

Hodir:

Cheese the Freeze: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2961

Don't get hit by Flash Freeze. Simple matter of paying attention. Wowhead also suggests jumping among the snow piles to avoid the accidental mid-snow freeze bug.

I Have the Coolest Friends: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2963

Beat him with all NPCs alive. Not sure if we did this one already.

Auriaya:

Nine Lives: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=3076

Might be a healer gear check since it makes the fight drag out a bit longer.

Thorim:

Who Needs Bloodlust? http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2975

Mind control a Dark Rune Warbringer and use it's buff, although this will be tricky since we lack a priest lol

Mimiron:

Not-So-Friendly-Fire: http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=3138

Force him to blow up an add in P3/P4. Kite, bubble/block, profit.

We already did Shattered, twice, so unless someone was missing on both weeks...

Crazy Cat Lady seems like it might be doable but tough on healers.

Rubble and Roll, we just need to kill the arms over and over. Happy Birthday!

Getting Cold in Here, no one getting more than 2 stacks of Biting Cold, not sure if we're not getting this because of the occasional Freeze (which just means we need to be faster on dispels) or just long cast times.

Didn't look at the rest since we still need work on the rest of the bosses.

We already did Shattered, twice, so unless someone was missing on both weeks...

Crazy Cat Lady seems like it might be doable but tough on healers.

Rubble and Roll, we just need to kill the arms over and over. Happy Birthday!

Getting Cold in Here, no one getting more than 2 stacks of Biting Cold, not sure if we're not getting this because of the occasional Freeze (which just means we need to be faster on dispels) or just long cast times.

Didn't look at the rest since we still need work on the rest of the bosses.

Crazy Cat Lady seems like it would be more doable if a dps switched to healing. Oh, hey, look, I have a resto set...

For Can't Do That While Stunned - My interrupt is on a 10 second cooldown. The rune dude casts quite often, especially towards the end, where he will immediately go from a chain lightning to a lightning ball whirlwind thing. Which means a la BT Faces of Death style we need to call out interrupts if we want to even come close.

BTW, I won't be there on Sunday.

I won't be able to make it tonight - Wednesday, 3 June.

Sorry guys - house shopping is soooooo much fun! I want to do it every day for the rest of my life!

/endsarcasm

• 3 weeks later...

We did a great job tonight, inspite of having 3 replacements. We got Dwarfageddon, the speed kill for Ignis, XT002 hard-mode, and Thorim hard-mode. Congratulations, and thanks go to Anamarie, Felrikk, and Foroshell for subbing in. Hopefully we can down Vezax on sunday (after knocking off freya and mimiron of course) before we take our break.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to Eigun's extended absence we are now looking for a full time DPS for my 10 man Ulduar run (we also do 10 man VoA if we have wintergrasp). We need somebody with a low cooldown interupt, preferable a rogue/DK/warrior/Enh Shaman/feral druid. We are currently up to Vezax, and are doing a few of the hardmodes. We run Wednesdays and Sundays from 7:30pm to 11:00 pm. If you are interested, please contact me, either in game, replying to this post, or pm.

Kailand

WE are still looking for 1 more DPS with interupts, and since we have 1 other that is going to be away on wednesday, with a few possibly late shows, I've decided to cancel wednesday this week. We will turbo through on sunday, skipping the optional bosses.

If anyone knows of a melee DPS, or even a healer (tokane has volunteered to go kitty if need be) that is free on wednesdays/sundays, have them contact me. Gear is not an issue (as long as it is reasonable... i.e. minimum heroic level blues, hit capped), interupts and play ability is.

• 2 weeks later...

My internet connection is still down, and it looks like kadiana and tokane can not make it tonight, so I am going to cancel tonights raid. We will do some hardmode stuff on sunday night (considering we won't be able to turbo through fast enough to get in enough attempts on vezax to make it worthwhile to try to get to him), so be prepared. Also, could I have somebody let destinystar know, and that she is invited for sunday.

See you all when I get my internet back.

Kailand

I left Destinystar an ingame mail telling them that tonight's raid was off and we'd see them at 7:30 Sunday.

Hope your internet is back up by then! You were missed last night.

Edited by Kalea

I left Destinystar an ingame mail telling them that tonight's raid was off and we'd see them at 7:30 Sunday.

Hope your internet is back up by then! You were missed last night.

Thank you Kalea!

We finally got Vezax down, and seemed to get phase 1 of yogg under control. We will be resetting the ID next week, since there is some nice gear off of vezax that people can use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok gang, now that we have Yogg-Saron down, the direction I'd like to take this raid is as follows:

1. Get Yogg-Saron down one more time on normal mode.

2. Get people their Sarth + 3 drake mounts who want them

3. Get 3 people keyed for Alagon, and work on getting him down.

4. Work on the achievements required for the Rusted Protodrake.

After these are mostly met then we will start working on Heroic Trial of the Crusader (10). I'd really like to get most of these out of the way before november so we can phasing out ulduar, and concentrate on the onyxia raid, as well as the heroic version of onyxia and Trial of the Crusader. I'm hoping we can do it in the next 2-3 Ulduar ID's.

To meet this, we will do Flame Leviathan 4 towers up next week, as well as steel breaker last, and Crazy cat lady (killing Auriaya while leaving her kitties up).

Your raid lead,

Kailand, RawR!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, good job tonight. We got FL 4 towers, steel breaker last, and crazy cat lady out of the way. Next week when we continue the ID, we will be doing hodir, freya (2 elders for a few shots), mimiron (normal), vezax (try for his hard mode achievement depending on time) and yogg (with all the keepers). once we get the third person with the alagon key quest we will make serious effors at freya 3 elders, fire fighter, vezax hard mode, and yogg with only one keeper.

Forgot to add that we need to get christra 12 more dwarfs for the razor scale achievement, and kologarn's disarmed achievement.

Edited by Kailand

I'd like to suggest to all of you that we let our Raid Leader get the next Algalon key quest. He's very generous to just throw it out there for a roll of the dice, but somehow it just seems right that Kailand should have a key.