Return to running...

muru

Hey all!!

All through my late teens and twenties, I was an avid runner. This kept me in good shape, and also gave me a great outlook on life. (Something all you runners out there can attest to.) Twenties gave way to the thirties and my job and family took my time over. Now, in my late 40's, I have found that gaming has really crept in to my late evenings to fill time. After taking a long look in the mirror, I have not been happy with the loss. Daily exercise was crucial to my self happiness- it has taken me a great while to figure this out. I very recently started back to my old 25 year habit of late evening exercise. I am only walking briskly now, but I can tell it wiil be REAL soon and the running will start again. I am VERY excited.

The long and short- most peeps know I really only play WOW late at night. My new schedule will cut into this even more. I am sill keeping my account, because I do like playing. And, of course, I love all you guys, so hopefully you will keep the old man around :) I just have seen that the addiction for me was not all that healthy.

This is not a goodbye;I will be around. Wish me luck- I am starting at 2.6 miles night!! Oh, and Morgh, I am gonna be grabbing you for some of this exercise-I know where ya live!!

Edited by muru

Go for it man, something bout a great run early in the morning is awesome. I did 40 blocks down the beach when the sun was rising the other day. Beautiful... though I cant run like I want to. Between football, martial arts, etc in the past they get angry at me afterwards lol.

And of course gettin that beach body when working out is always a huge plus :D

*raises hand*

I run too, in the mornings. I had to stop over the winter thanks to New England snow and ice but I've started back up as of last week. So I'm cheering you on and me on too. Hey wait, we are both mages, lets both blink!

*raises hand*

I run too, in the mornings. I had to stop over the winter thanks to New England snow and ice but I've started back up as of last week. So I'm cheering you on and me on too. Hey wait, we are both mages, lets both blink!

*giggles* *gets the smelling salts ready for the crash* :D Don't blink in proximity of each other, you know how that will work out.