Hamfist or Bust

Maube

Well, looking over the roster for tonight, it looks like around a quarter of the raid cannot make it tonight which is too much to replace this close to reset. Sadly, I'm going to have to cancel the run tonight. We've had a string of sudden cancellations which is no one's fault really (stuff comes up, that can't be avoided)...it'll pass.

A note: Please try to at least respond to the calendar invite in advance. Looking at Wednesday's invites (two days from now!), I still have seven people that haven't responded, making it impossible to line up replacements in advance (or even know if I need them to begin with).

I went as a Replacement last night but I'd love the chance to become a regular :)

So I'l leave a sign-up here as DK DPS, I'l probably start doing some research on the DK forums to see what's the new Raid spec as of 3.1.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Alright folks! We got to see KT for the first time withour 25man... now we just need to cut down on the time to get there =)

I am going to start watching for Flasks/Elixirs tnight - everyone is expected to have them unless they are not 'confirmed' by start time. The faster we can clear the wings - the better geared we will be - the sooner we can play with Malygos and maybe peek into Ulduar.

It is very important... as our close shave with Thaddius... that we upscale our DPS to the highest possible. Heck I even respecced to fire to try and up our DPS =p So dont keep 24 other people down by not flasking up! If you need help obtaining flasks - there are elixir masters in the raid who are willing and able to whip you up some potions if you bring the mats.

Bokus and Guilozak aret he two I can think of right now :hail:

Lets have a wipe free night tnight and clear all four wings!

The way we killed Thaddius was just.. wow.. Priceless.

To make Thaddius a little easier. I can bring Perthes for that kill to get more dps, if need be. Just let me know if you want that.

I will park him outside when I get home tonight.

Ready, willing and able Maube! =) Sildaka is elixir specced and can make just about anything we'll need so hit me up. I'm usually on 20-30 min before start time. I'll park him in Venomspite for tonight and y'all can mail me the mats and the name of what you need through the week as you get them and I'll send em back to you asap.

-Splat

Edited by Guilozak

• 1 month later...

Hello Hamfist raiders!

I just wanted to say it has been an honor and a pleasure working with all of you. Unfortunately, with my new work schedule, I will not be able to raid these days any longer. Tonight will be my last night with the raid. I will miss you and best of luck in the upcoming raids. Show Ulduar what you are made of!

<3

Saephere

P.S. FEAR THE HAMFIST! O.O

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know - last night my power supply failed (at least I hope that is all it is) so I will probably be unable to lead or even attend the raid for a couple weeks ::sighs:: Cant really afford to replace it right now and we all know Kat wont let me use his computer =p So sorry guys =(

Just wanted to let everyone know - last night my power supply failed (at least I hope that is all it is) so I will probably be unable to lead or even attend the raid for a couple weeks ::sighs:: Cant really afford to replace it right now and we all know Kat wont let me use his computer =p So sorry guys =(

SKAH! Guess this means they'll have to put up with me :p

Unrelated note, I've had some folks ask where I post the logs from our outings. I post both to WoW Web Stats and WoW Meter Online (each shows things that the other doesn't), and have been thinking about trying WorldOfLogs lately as well for a few reasons. At any rate, here are the links:

PLEASE use these logs to learn from and not as some epeen tool or to use like a club against others in the raid (that's my job Happy Birthday! KIDDING!). Reports like these can be very informative, but they also only show part of the picture, as any discipline priest can tell you, so don't take them at face value. If you want some help on how to evaluate performance with posted reports, feel free to ask me what I look at when going through these. It's never as easy as just looking at the charts, since roles change and spec strengths/weaknesses come into play...if you dig into the information beyond those charts, you'll learn a lot more. Also, if you want to know how how to analyse an entire raid's performance and plan to ask me, set aside a few hours first (it can take awhile to do a proper job and even longer to describe) :alcoholic:

FYI, I also never want to hear about someone in the raid whispering or telling someone else that their performance isn't up to par. If you have concerns about what you see with another raider, talk to Maube or I...don't take it upon yourself to deal with it. We're here to have fun and kill stuff, not try to outdo each other. Keep any interactions about those types of things positive and constructive. If you want to improve your own performance and see someone else doing better than you at the same role and with your spec, we're all friends here, so I would hope that it's okay to ask for advice. I've had a couple of healers ask for tips from me and I welcomed the questions (and asked a few in return about things that I felt that I could improve on that others did better). Sharing that kind of knowledge only benefits the raid as a whole.

Great, now I'm going to have to work. How can you be so inconsiderate, Maube?

SKAH! Guess this means they'll have to put up with me :p

Slavedriver.

Well I've been thinking about it and discussed it with V and decided that this Wednesday will be the last night of the 25man Hamfist raid probably for the summer. With so many people that we have worked to gear dropping out and having to PuG people who are probably not geared for Ulduar... I just dont have the energy for it. I know this will disappoint a lot of folks who had this as their one raid opportunity and I apologize - but as many of you could tell from my frustration last night - I just dont have theheart to PuG Ulduar =p

We've had a lot of people lately who moved on to other things and also people who sign up and then never show up. And Quite honestly it irritates me to no end when folks commit then just dont show. Ia m not talking about the people who have REal life crop up - I am talking about the people who every week sign up and I can't be sure if they are going to attend or not because they either forget or sign up just in case they feel like logging in and dont want to lose that spot.

anyway I am ranting again - so my apologies once more!

Mayhaps after summer vacations are over I will consider restarting the raid - if I have COMMITTED interest. I encourage folks to start 10mans and do what they can to enjoy the game - and while I do enjoy leading raids - the past couple of weeks in the Hamfist mondays have just gotten under my skin with the lack of commitment/research into fights/and eagerness to improve their own performance.

For those of you that showed up for week after week, wipe after wipe and never complained or wavered - I apologize but unless we have a full roster of folks like you - it is a waste of all our times! Hopefully we will ressurrect the raid in the future!

So lets go out with a bang - Wednesday lets burn out Naxx!

I for one saw this one coming.

I encourage folks to start 10mans

Bingo!!! this is what everybody who is part of our 25 man group needs.

Get a 10 man group going and get to know the fights even more..

Myself is in the process of starting one 10 man group to go to Ulduar. This is cause of our poor performance.

I know i have had issues with my own performance so im stepping up to improve my own and 9 other people's performance for future raids.

Lets go out with a bang people. Lets burn Naxx this Wednesday!!

I am very sad about this. Mainly because this is the only raid I attend on a regular basis and it's the only social outlet I get. I spend more time on pug TS or Vent servers than ours anymore and it's not really any fun. With nothing to work for after tonight's run, I will not be online that much because PUG's make me very sad and it's not what I wanted to do in this game. The other raids that I have access too are too intense and demanding. Quite simply put they are not fun to attend. I don't have access to attend any of the other "Crusher" raids so this will put a solid damper on my wanting to play the game anymore.

Tonight though will be a grand occasion and lets enjoy one anothers company for one final party. If we clear Naxx or not, it's been a ton of fun playing with you folks and I hope you all go on having fun!!

We ended up with a lot of cancellations, including some last-minute ones that couldn't be helped. It was unfortunate, but the thought of finding replacements for 25% of the raid at the last minute for one more night was just not going to make for a good time for anyone :rolleyes:

The usual summertime real life commitments, people dropping out for other raids, and a healthy heap of just bad timing has made roster management into a full time job and one that has taken its toll on both Maube and I. I know it's disappointing to see a raid dissolve for participants, but it's doubly so for raid leaders (always feels like you failed somehow)...and constantly scrambling for a hefty amount of replacements per week was just too stressful to continue dealing with. Sorry for the "fizzled out" ending, but again, seeing a calendar event with 18-19 accepted out of 25+ invited didn't bode well for scraping the run together for one more night and I don't think either of us had it in us to play the "ask around for replacements" game one more time (especially since we'd be asking replacements to ID themselves for the week to a run that may not ever be completed).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late notice but I wont be able to make it to tonight's raid due to work issues. The same may apply to Wed. but we'll see. Next Monday i wont make it either but after that I ::should:: be back to normal. Good luck tonight guys! Kick some ass!

Guilo