Zuworty's Raid Information

Calendar

I've got 20 fish feasts made for next week, and I'll fish up the rest of the materials to go with Eigun's nettlefish. If anyone wants to send fish and spices to me, I'd be glad to be fish feast central for the raid.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came up with my own Monkey List that Zu can use when people keep dying to silly crap. I'd make more ranks, but if we needed that many, our raid would be in serious trouble. Soooo...

4: Dr. Zaius

I put him here cause he's smart. Damned dirty void zones!

Here's my 5 cents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVr1n1ha-LA

If you can't take a few wipes to learn a boss, you don't belong in a raid.

Agreed. I think we've all been spoiled rotten by how easy Naxx has been for us to conquer, and how well we did at learning Maly and Sarth up to 2 drakes. And if I remember right, Thursday was our FIRST serious attempt at trying to learn 3 drakes.

Wiping is part of raiding, and that will probably become more clear as we start to enter Ulduar. Don't send hate to Calendar because we wipe. It's probably not his fault, and he certainly doesn't deserve it. Either tighten up your belts and suck up the repair bills as we all learn together, or just step aside as we go through the next phases of our learning processes. Yes, we get frustrated. I don't think anyone will disagree with that. And while I can't speak for Cal, I'm sure constructive suggestions for changes in tactics will always be welcome, although unfortunately, not every idea will be able to be used for various reasons.

We're all humans here and aren't perfect. To expect to conquer everything on the first night from here on out is rather unreasonable. Please keep that in mind as we move forward.

-Kadi, lover of Volcanoes (especially the green ones in Black Temple)

The last couple posts were very informative and will help. But at the same time, its going WAYYYY off of the point.

No, actually they're not way off of the point. There were problems beyond people dying to avoidable damage and that's some of what those posts were trying to address. Confusion as to what the goals are, what the effects of the debuffs are, and other factors all contributed to things not going well. It's not as simple as saying "If less people died, we would've had it", since it's patently untrue, given some of the whispers that I got during the raid from people who were confused on a few points about the fight. People could've been avoiding void zones and flame tsunami like pros, but we still had issues with adds demolishing tanks and the damage from Vesperon's acolyte to get accustomed to.

There's something that you have to understand about this fight: every aspect of it could potentially screw an attempt, including things that are beyond our control (Sarth can time his breaths so that I can't cover them with cooldowns, for instance). Knowing the mechanics will go much farther than simply saying "stop dying". I agree that preventable deaths shouldn't be happening, but I'd rather see improvement beyond just that and far less confusion in the coming attempts.

My comments:

1) we will wipe-gotta get used to that.

2) more than halfway through the night we realized which strategy would work best for our makeup-so we had few "actual" attempts using the final strategy.

3) I agree-TS chatter gets confusing. Use raid chat to dish hate if you have to...but if you are typing, you're not fighting..so you figure it out.

4) All things considered, I am surprised Tyr hasn't died more-that group is doing a fantastic job.

5) Fact: the same group of folks keep dying to the same stuff. Please pay attention to your environment-essentially the void zones and flame wall=not that difficult. not throwing a heal or casting a spell is ok-dying is not. just move.

6) great idea with the food buffs-send stuff over to Kalea.

7) Should I tame a gorilla to help with adds? dps will suffer but it will increase survivability.

8) Worry about your own jobs. when you start looking around at what everyone else is doing, you fail

9) You are all douches, no matter what happens-your douche status will not change.

K

My comments:

7) Should I tame a gorilla to help with adds? dps will suffer but it will increase survivability.

Sure another monkey isn't going to hurt this raid :rolleyes:

Oh and BLUESHEET. (this actually does help and its funny to hear at the same time haha)

*guess there's a profanity filter on the forum...as there should be

Edited by Orcala

I have actually enjoyed this fight...things have been fairly easy since wrath came out and the challenges of 3 drakes is fun. I know our group can do this.

I have not been on much, but I will fish up some fishies to donate for the feasts :rolleyes:

I did read in one of the stratagies that having a disc priest on the Sarth tank (waldy) helps a lot with all the bubbles they can do, I have never played a disc priest, but would be willing to try, or maybe one of the other priests has done it and would not mind respeccing to try....anyway that is my 2 cents

I've never tried healing as a Disc Preist, but I am willing to respec and learn it if it would help out with this fight.

I did read in one of the stratagies that having a disc priest on the Sarth tank (waldy) helps a lot with all the bubbles they can do, I have never played a disc priest, but would be willing to try, or maybe one of the other priests has done it and would not mind respeccing to try....anyway that is my 2 cents

It's helpful if we take too long on Shadron, but my cooldowns can handle it if we're on-target. Also, most of the strategy guides don't take into account a few of the DK perks (the Spellshattering runeforge, for example) or the result of resist enchants/flasks because they're meant to be "all around guides" rather than speaking specifically to the tank's gearing and spec. I'm hoping that I've eliminated most of the harsh edges via my respec and partial regearing/re-enchanting for that specific fight.

Overall, I'm not getting spiked all that badly so far, even during the heavy damage phase of the fight. At best, I'm resisting 30% of the incoming damage (lowest seems to be 20%), and the brunt of the remaining damage is being mitigated by IBF/BA/AMS/AMZ. Realistically, a standard PW:S or hand of sacrifice should be plenty if I'm out of cooldowns to pop or we run long on Shadron. To give you an idea, the largest breath I've taken so far appeared to be around 42k, and that was without any of my mitigation stuff active and after a wipe was already inevitable.

Having a disc priest is much more valuable on 10-man Sarth3D, though, due to the availability of healers in a smaller raid and the lack of 25-man buffs/inter-class synergies. I'd say Pain Suppression would make it that much easier during the trouble phase even in 25-man, but until I'm getting insta-gibbed regularly, I don't think we need to make any swaps that way (unless someone really wants to). Also, given the cooldown on Pain Suppression, I'd hold off on casting it until I had exhausted my own cooldowns regardless (I'd call for it).

In regards to DPS my gear and rotations seem to be okay, it looks like my "presence" (or afk?) is the only thing affecting my dps or I would be the same as some of the top 10 people. BUT according to WoW feral druids are getting a boost in overall dps since is not matching up to other dpsers in raids across the board. (Eigun I know is working his but off when he's here and he barely makes top 10 as well)

When I raided with my rogue it seemed a heck of a lot easier to surpass people and make top 5, even without the greatest gear in the world.

Here's the DPS meters from last night, thanks for getting them up so fast!

http://wowwebstats.com/ro6el5mg4eoeu

you seem to be right on the line where you should be orcala as feral i think there dps is down some from previous. there is a few people that i know are further down then where they really should be and they need to work on it eather there spec needs some cleaning or there rotation needs to be used better

**I will be away this raid week**

I declined tues/thurs since my monitor blew on saturday... i was using holy's PC all weekend and since it was between holy and me we figured you would need holy more. I'll be getting a new monitor this weekend but it wont help me this week. Sorry all but im not happy either since i have to spend $200 on a new one... :)

Hi,

I've been doing more reading to see what we can do to survive more on sartharion here are a few tips that I found

-> TURN DOWN YOUR SPELL EFFECTS!!!! with your spell effects on low you should not see the AOE stuff, but still see the blue zones of death! (this should be big to melee that keep on dieing to blue stuff)

-> Melee, position yourself between the drake and the lava, that way you don't need to stop DPSing during a flame wave, as you either hop into the lava, or are on land

-> Ranged DPS/healers should be standing in a lave wave safe zone by default, and should move the minimum possible when moving to the alternate safe zone. Move back to your original position after the wave so the add tanks know where the adds will be moving to. This also lets you DPS through a flame wave if it happens to spawn in your default position.

-> When vesperons acolyte is up, pay attention to your health and make sure you do not DPS if you drop below 12k health. if you drop below 12 k health, with shadrons acolyte still alive, you can take up to 12k damage from those meteor strikes (they will show up in your log as Fire Cyclone: Lava Strike).

-> Make sure your boss mod is working and it gives you a noticable warning for flame waves (I would recommend Deadly boss mods as it has an audio warning for flame waves), and look out for yourself for where the flame wave is coming from!!! you should not have to rely on others for the call outs (everyone is human and can screw up the direction of the call, etc).

-> Never ever stand infront of a drake. Pay attention to when drakes are being spawned and try to avoid getting between the drakes and the tank. The drakes do stop and breathe on the way to the tank after a misdirect.

This video shows the 76 sec 10 man Sarth 3d kill... melee should watch it, as it shows the positioning to avoid the flame waves while still dpsing (sartharion is tanked where we tank our drakes):

We can definitely get the 3 drakes down we were wicked close. Sorry I can't be there this week but lets try to get em down before the patch!! :)

We can definitely get the 3 drakes down we were wicked close. Sorry I can't be there this week but lets try to get em down before the patch!! :)

I am out Thursday as well :sorry:

I'll start up the raid on thursday (as zu will be away and I have access to the DKP mod info) as long as we have atleast 20 still committed to go. depending on numbers we will do the rest of Naxx and Sartharion, and maybe malygos. If you cannot make it, please adjust your status on the ingame calander.

I'll start up the raid on thursday (as zu will be away and I have access to the DKP mod info) as long as we have atleast 20 still committed to go. depending on numbers we will do the rest of Naxx and Sartharion, and maybe malygos. If you cannot make it, please adjust your status on the ingame calander.

Hey looks like i'll be going Thursday afterall! My monitor is coming today. :)

1. Hook it up first.

2. Tell me if the damned thing works before you even celebrate. lol

3. ? ? ?

4. Profit. :sorry:

Edited by Holyssa

1. Hook it up first.

2. Tell me if the damned thing works before you even celebrate. lol

3. ? ? ?

4. Profit. :sorry:

I know of no other couples that live together that communicate primarily through the forums or in-game chat.

I know of no other couples that live together that communicate primarily through the forums while at work or in-game chat so everyone can get a feel for Holy's rising blood-pressure.

Fixed. :)

I know of no other couples that live together that communicate primarily through the forums while at work or in-game chat so everyone can get a feel for Holy's rising blood-pressure.

Fixed. :sorry:

Am I the only one who thinks Holy secretly wants to upgrade his girlfriend to Zu or Kail?

:)

Am I the only one who thinks Holy secretly wants to upgrade his girlfriend to Zu or Kail?

DO NOT WANT!

I was sad yesterday, even though I didn't show it. Didn't get to experience all the fail with my Orcala beside me :)

And while I'm talking about last night, despite all the catastrophes, I don't think I ever laughed so hard since the Decurse in cheetah-form/falling cow era. But...

Alts + Achievement progression = no no. I know not EVERYONE wants to aim for the missing links in the list, but sticking to your mains while we work on this stuff in an attempt to keep some life in Naxx is common courtesy for those that DO want to keep trying. This doesn't apply to those people filling in for missing folks/roles.

Yes, it puts some of the constantly DE'd fodder to use, and as Uggy mentioned, it feeds the DKP Monster. But with all the new crap coming out in Ulduar, perhaps roasting the epics isn't such a bad idea. According to Blizz, there's supposeably more loot than TK + SSC combined. That's a lot of stuff to constantly keep upgraded for 25 hate-starved Hordies.

I get the impression that people complained like mad because alts aren't QUITE up to the gear threshold that the rest of the mains are at (though I could be wrong), so beating Enrage timers, surviving splash damage, etc becomes more difficult. Especially if we lose key DPS like oh say, our ret pally.

The rest of the raid also has to adjust to class mixes. In my case, I have to juggle between JoL to keep our melee healthy, and JoW to keep the hunters' mana pools happy. Not sure if other people had to adjust much, but it felt weird to have to constantly drink during trash.

I know Naxx may get dull after all these weeks folks, and by bringing in alts it tries to keep things fresh. But hang in there. Ulduar's a comin'!

DO NOT WANT!

I was sad yesterday, even though I didn't show it. Didn't get to experience all the fail with my Orcala beside me :)

And while I'm talking about last night, despite all the catastrophes, I don't think I ever laughed so hard since the Decurse in cheetah-form/falling cow era. But...

Alts + Achievement progression = no no. I know not EVERYONE wants to aim for the missing links in the list, but sticking to your mains while we work on this stuff in an attempt to keep some life in Naxx is common courtesy for those that DO want to keep trying. This doesn't apply to those people filling in for missing folks/roles.

Yes, it puts some of the constantly DE'd fodder to use, and as Uggy mentioned, it feeds the DKP Monster. But with all the new crap coming out in Ulduar, perhaps roasting the epics isn't such a bad idea. According to Blizz, there's supposeably more loot than TK + SSC combined. That's a lot of stuff to constantly keep upgraded for 25 hate-starved Hordies.

I get the impression that people complained like mad because alts aren't QUITE up to the gear threshold that the rest of the mains are at (though I could be wrong), so beating Enrage timers, surviving splash damage, etc becomes more difficult. Especially if we lose key DPS like oh say, our ret pally.

The rest of the raid also has to adjust to class mixes. In my case, I have to juggle between JoL to keep our melee healthy, and JoW to keep the hunters' mana pools happy. Not sure if other people had to adjust much, but it felt weird to have to constantly drink during trash.

I know Naxx may get dull after all these weeks folks, and by bringing in alts it tries to keep things fresh. But hang in there. Ulduar's a comin'!

lets worry about mains before some peoples alts imo