Expectations

Thom

I’d like to point out a few things that are expected of everyone in guild. First of all you should all be familiar with the Codex. In specific the sections dealing with oaths, conduct, and the rules of engagement.

The first thing I’d like to address is Article III section 7 of the Codex. It’s very important that everyone is familiar with this section of the Codex as it states our rules of engagement. In particular I’d like to draw attention to the following areas.

Remain in character as best as possible. Mistakes happen but I’ve noticed a lot of slipping into OOC conversations and such happening lately. This is especially important when members of other guilds are around. Another part of remaining in character is refraining from going afk in public places. Obviously emergencies happen, but you shouldn’t be afk in a public area any longer than necessary. Not only does it lead many people to the wrong conclusions about why you are not responding, it also reflects poorly on the entire guild. We are a role playing guild and do not need to be associated with afk bank sitting at best and scripting at worst.

Engaging the enemy. We offer warnings before attacking. This means out of guild as well as in guild. And please remember that fighting is not the only way to resolve an issue.

Tamers. Best judgment does not mean whatever you think will kill them fastest. This isn’t a problem currently, but we’ve added several tamers lately.

Guild tags. Your guild tags should be turned on at all times. This goes for all members at all times, unless special permission has been given for you to turn it off for a specific reason. If permission is given then as soon as you are finished with your activity it should be turned back on promptly.

Uniforms. Uniforms are also to be worn at all times unless instructed otherwise. I understand that uniforms can be lost, but with the vendor at Galehaven set up to sell uniform pieces there is no excuse not to have it replaced quickly.

Another thing I’d like to address is Article VIII Oaths. All members upon being admitted to the guild are agreeing to this oath. The main thing in this section I’d like to draw attention to is paragraph ii as this deals with our code of conduct. And finally, as several of our members are looking at being promoted into the higher ranks soon I’d like to point out that the leaders of the guild are expected to set the example for the rest of the members. As leaders we will be held to a higher standard of role play and conduct, both by the community and ourselves. This goes for all characters that are in guild that you play.

Just so everyone knows, I talked with Thom as she was writing this up, and I second everything that was said here. They're all important points, and I hope you'll take them to heart.

Thanks!

Well Kang, that kind of falls under one of those exceptions I was talking about. I understand not wanting to draw negative attention to the guild, and when people notice IDOCers they usually assume that they are running scripts. Therefor IDOCing is one of those things i'd let people turn tags off for so long as the tags are turned back on once your done with the IDOC.