WoW Scumbags

Zurg

So I get home this morning to find an email from blizz about some scumbags apparently attempting to change my account password. Sure enough, I go to log on and the password has been changed. Luckily I was able to change it and all my toons appear to be intact. I'm just curious how does this happen? Does some ###### stain just enter a random account name then change the password? Also, would it be considered "in poor taste" if I exact vengeance by beating a member of Best Buy's "Geek Squad" to within an inch of his life with his own severed arm? :(

So I get home this morning to find an email from blizz about some scumbags apparently attempting to change my account password. Sure enough, I go to log on and the password has been changed. Luckily I was able to change it and all my toons appear to be intact. I'm just curious how does this happen? Does some ###### stain just enter a random account name then change the password? Also, would it be considered "in poor taste" if I exact vengeance by beating a member of Best Buy's "Geek Squad" to within an inch of his life with his own severed arm? :(

Hahah that is funny, I would pay to see that. But on a somber note, it is sad that people think nothing of invading other people's accounts. I am happy they didnt get anything changed or do anything to your toons, and that we will see YOU in game :) take care. Lesedi

So I get home this morning to find an email from blizz about some scumbags apparently attempting to change my account password. Sure enough, I go to log on and the password has been changed. Luckily I was able to change it and all my toons appear to be intact. I'm just curious how does this happen? Does some ###### stain just enter a random account name then change the password?

Keyloggers, sneaky virii, and all kinds of crap can be used to steal even the simplest of passwords, WoW accounts being no exception. Scan your machine, and trace your steps if you think something may be amiss.

Oh, and put aside a few dollars for one of these. It's well worth it. http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000182

Also, would it be considered "in poor taste" if I exact vengeance by beating a member of Best Buy's "Geek Squad" to within an inch of his life with his own severed arm?

Given my bad past experiences with Best Buy employees, I say - when in Rome...