Merry Christmas

Nawt

Greetings friends and Clan family,

From my house to yours... Merry Christmas.

This has been a year of sorrows for sure. I sure will be glad to see this year end. 2009 has GOT to be better.

I'm fine. I'm angry and a little shaken but even the Grinch can't break me. My house was robbed 2 nights ago while I slept. Ferj and the boys were out of town and I was home alone. In the dark of the night someone came into my home and violated my family. They pooped in my toilet and left it. Carried every present we had into my basement. Unwrapped it all and removed it from it's boxes and carried it away. In return they left me a big mess and some ######.

I was awakend to my eldest son returning home and distraught beating on my bedroom door. He was scared witless and worried about his momma. I thankfully had slept through the entire thing. I had no phones. They turned my land line on so I could not get a dial tone. Had to wait for the battery to die before we could use the house phone. Threw my cell across the room where I could not have reached it either. Took the baby's old PS2 and the eldest Les Paul prize possession. (He bought that guitar himself, was his lifeline. His band was recruited by Victory records this summer. It was beautiful Mahagony..... *Sick*) The $2000.00 worth of stuff under the tree wasn't enough for them I guess.

My co-workers took up a donation and I am off today to try to replace what was taken once again. So Christmas will go on. My eldest spoke to the local news station not that it will help repair the damage done. Police took a report because my son insisted.......

I just want you all to be mindfull. We are comfortable in our homes. Sometimes others are too. Who ever did this knew how to get in. How to get out and knew their way around my home. They had to have been in here for a long time to do what they did...... I've cried for two days over the loss, what might have happened had I gotten up...... It wears on you. Times are hard for everyone and theft is rampant everywhere. I guess it was just my turn this year to be the victim. Double check those doors. Take your cell and keys and wallets/purses to bed with you. I was behind a locked door thankfully. (Always lock my bedroom door when Ferji is gone. <Shudders>). Just think about IF someone were to get in here tonight, what could they take or do easily. How would I protect myself?

Many of you have seen me through a lot of heartache, worry and bad times. You're extended family and I don't want anyone to have to feel like I am feeling right now. In 20 yrs of marriage I have never seen the look on Ferji's face the past two days. I'm proud of my boys. Each of them was not worried about the items they had lost but the items they were giving to others. So I at least taught them well. For that I am grateful.

So Merry Christmas Clan. I mean that with a sincere heart. Be safe. Be well and be aware.

Always,

The Nawtster.

News feed:

Robbers steal christmas

It always pains me to hear about thieves taking peoples hard earned stuff, regardless of the time of year, but at least you were alright, and in the end that is all that really matters. I hope that you get over this invasion of privacy, and continue to be the caring generous self that you are. I wish you and your family enjoy the true spirit of Christmas that comes from a being a true loving family, and enjoying the time you share with each other: no thief can take that from you.

And I'm sure that 2009 will be a better year, just wait and see!

My sympathies to you and your family. It is sad to see people resorting to this type of stuff at any time of the year. It is good to hear that no one was harmed and I hope the new year will be a better one for you.

Hate it when these things happen.

Me and Lesedi had a break in earlier this year too and we know the feeling.

Im glad that nobody got hurt and that your co-workers are helping you guys out.

Your co-workers sure got it right.. The true spirit of Christmas.. The spirit of giving.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

//Rubs some catnip on a new scratch post and leaves it outside Nawt's tent\\

Nawt,

I really don't know what to say. I am at a loss for words. I can only agree with what everyone has said and that I am very, VERY happy that you are all ok. I have enjoyed this game much more because of meeting you and couldn't continue if you were hurt or worse....

If I would have ever caught those idiots there would be hell to pay!

Thankfully, you're alright. I've been on the receiving end of the 9-1-1 calls during "home invasion" style robberies, some of which did not leave the occupants unharmed :lostit:

In all, though, it sounds like you and your family have a great and thoughtful attitude about such an unfortunate and untimely event. My thoughts go out to you all at this time of year. I sincerely hope that you can recover from the invasive nature of the crime soon and at least partially replace not only the things that were taken, but also the feeling of safety that's always taken away.

For the rest of us, things like this should always remind us of what is truly important. I watch so many people scurry around to buy "stuff" that really has little meaning other than the thought behind it. We should all remember that the times that we share with our loved ones are what we should truly treasure. "Stuff" can be replaced...our friends and family cannot. Enjoy your holidays and be sure to remind those that you care for just how much they mean to you.

*Hugs Nawt tightly*

I'm so sorry to hear this happened. I am happy to hear you were not harmed. I hope next year brings you as much happiness and joy as this year has brought pain and sorrow. You are in our thoughts and prayers *hugs*

Love,

Kieranna

*Tip toes and adds a few cat nip covered chew toys outside the tent with the scratching post*

That is one of the oddest robberies I've ever heard about for sure. The whole event as you describe it has a odd personal overtone to it - like you probably know whoever pulled this crazy horrible act off...be careful! My family reaches out to the less fortunate in many ways, and it is hard not to end up with lives that intertwine evermore increasingly...all i can say is don't loose hope, keep helping and spreading the Christmas spirit, and be extra careful! I'm so sorry for your losses and commend you for keeping on and raising children with good values!

Update: As of today, 12/27/08 we have been assigned a detective who doesn't work weekends. How fitting is that? Indeed who ever did this was very familiar and comfortable in my home. I have a pretty good idea of who it is now. Saw him last night in the local WallyMart. He could not look Ferj in the face and was very nervous. He is a , "Friend" of our middle son's who is not at all pleased. Time will tell if we are correct.

We brought home a nice furry friend last night with a huge bark and teeth. He is already very protective of our family and I doubt anyone is going to get past him anytime quick. He doesn't like for us to be to far out of his sight and he doesn't like strangers getting to close. With us he is very docile and loving. He loves to ride in cars and go to the pet store. Did very well in public yet he didn't care for our neighbor walking up to Ferj and Brandyn. He put on a pretty impressive display of warning to not get to close. His name is Underdog. He's 40+lbs or more of solid Whipett/Pit Bull. At the very least he is intimidating when he growls and barks.

He slept on the floor last night between the two youngest boys. Made his way through the house this morning counting heads and checking out beds. Including mine!

Meet Underdog!

Underdog.jpg

Indeed who ever did this was very familiar and comfortable in my home. I have a pretty good idea of who it is now. Saw him last night in the local WallyMart. He could not look Ferj in the face and was very nervous. He is a , "Friend" of our middle son's who is not at all pleased. Time will tell if we are correct.

One of the best polygraph guys we have starts off with a lot of the Reid technique and adds in his own experiences with body language and mirroring positions. Poke around a little bit...

Interview and Interrogation

"Interview" is the process by which you determine if the suspect is being deceptive or dishonest with you. You're just asking questions and letting him answer.

"Interrogation" is a one-sided conversation, completely accusatory. You pretty much don't let him say a single thing about anything other then why he did it.

You are perfectly within your right to hire an investigator to ask your middle son's "friend" some questions... you'd be surprised. Most detectives brush off complicated cases. Other guys are paid to achieve results. I'd expect him to interview the suspect in a room with some test tubes lying around, a "report" from some criminal lab DNA analysis, and ask him for a cheek swab. He'll confess pretty quickly.

Me, personally, I'd just shoot the guy.

Underdog! Ahh'aaa'ahh!

Conqueror of the Overdog! Ahh'aaa'ahh!

Champion of protecting stuff! Ahh'aaa'ahh!

Master of Friendship! Ahh'aaa'ahh!

p.s. if anyone can name the tv show this references i'll give you 1k gold in game ;)

Edited by Houli