Family

Perthes

My name Perthes is kind of unusual for us Sin'Dorei.

I have an elven name that even I cannot pronounce myself as I did not like to study when I was young.

So my father re-named me Perthes... I believe it is short for my real name but yeah.. dont ask me to pronounce or even spell it as I cannot.. I hated school when growing up so I skipped them perhaps one to many times.

But the story of my past is not more scary or special then any other person in this world.

Let me tell you about my father.

My father was named Sunarienus and was once a Holy Paladin of the Light.

I kinda lost track of him after I left home for my life long quest of healing the beasts of the world.

He said before I left my home that I would be disgracing my mother.

All I know of my mother is that she died giving birth to me and I was the only child she gave birth to.

She used to be a Hunter who had started to study the life of a Priest, but I know nothing more then that. My father never spoke of her.

Last I heard was during the Scourge invasion of Silvermoon City my father was slain.

Not many bodies was found as we all know but I am certain that I did find my father..

I took him out to the Barrens and buried him close to the tree of where Humar resides.

As this was his place of peace and solitude. He used to go there a lot to think and mediate when he was not in service of his master.

For some reason he hated to stay in Silvermoon City. He didnt like the politics that was part of the city but he served with honor and pride.

So there it is.. the life of my father that I know. Its not a lot but I felt closer to him when he as dead then when he was alive.

Sure call me cold or call me an fool.. but I was never close to him. For obvious reasons. I hated his life.. the way he served the upper class of Silvermoon and never got anything back to show for it. He never took the rewards for his service. He stayed by his master's side more then he did with me or my mother. If he would be more home.. he could probably have saved her...

Last time I visited my fathers grave it was a full moon and found his grave empty!!

I was furious to see that someone, something... had ruin my fathers honor.

Not even his crown was left.. He loved his crown.. with the magic he possessed it glowed a bright light of the pure he portrayed.

But now.. nothing.. all that was left was a big hole of dirt.

Something didn't make sense tho... it doesn't look like someone was digging down.. Looks more like something was trying to get out of the dirt.

I hope my father's body is not... no... I do not want to believe it... He was dead.. He was not living..

He had no pulse.. His eyes was dead, his warmth was gone, he had passed on.

I have visited his grave several times after he was dead.. How?? WHY!!??