Whispers in the Night

Kieranna

"You have grown strong young one" A distant voice caressed the inner reaches of Saephere's conciousness. "Last time, my eyes fell apon you, we were just getting settled into the orphanage." Saephere's breath quickened as she tossed and turned in her bed. "Soon we will be together again". The voice sounded so familiar yet so....unfamiliar. "The time will come soon enough young one...togther again.....at last." The voice fadded into the distance. Saephere bolted into a sitting position, her ears listening for traces of movement in her room. Beads of sweat had formed and clung to her brow.

"Saephere? Are you ok?" A comforting voice came from just beyond the curtain. A cool breeze met Saephere as the cutains were pulled aside, revealing a strong slim figue standing above her. Kieranna knelt down beside Saephere's bed. "Are you ok? You were causing quite a comotion in your sleep." she said as she placed her hand on Saephere's head.

"It' was just a dream. I am ok Kier."

Kieranna did not look convinced. A soft sigh escaped the redhead's lips.

"Really, I am ok." Saephere forced a smile to appear. Kieranna's emerald orbs traced Saephere's face, searching for answers that may be etched in. Silence blanketed the room as the two sat staring at eachother.

"I'm here if you need me young one." Kieranna whispered into the night. She grasped Saephere's hands for a brief moment before taking her leave back to her own room. Saephere made her way to her bedroom window overlooking the streets of Silvermoon. Saephere watched as the night owls roamed around the city going about their business. Her thoughts racing back to the dream and back to the conversation with Kieranna. It was a dream...wasn't it? The voice had sounded so familar. She knew she heard that voice before...but from where?