Build 8820 Info

Waldonnis

Usual note: Server stability is often very poor within the first few days of a new build. This is no exception...

General:

• Level cap raised to 80!
  • Experience required to level has been reduced significantly (although not as low as early beta).
  • The Storm Peaks zone is (re)open and available for questing! The zone has some cool scenery and the name is well-deserved (lots of REALLY tall mountains). Icecrown is still unavailable at this time. Sigh, Storm Peaks is closed again (see below)
  • All races can FINALLY see themselves and preview changes when using the Barber Shops.
  • The bug affecting mounting in major cities has been fixed, so your mounts won't feel so unneeded any longer.
  • A goblin named Rin Duoctane has appeared in the sewers with a quest that sends you to the Storm Peaks. Visit him for a laugh (hint: part of his model isn't finished and it looks funny).
  • Locksmiths have been added to recover those lost keys that you tossed away eons ago!
  • Some level 80 PvP gear has been added to the vendors in Wintergrasp. So far, it's just the initial blue class set, some of the epic off-pieces, and some blue weapons. All carry a generic descriptive name and supposedly cost honour, but I'm not sure if they can be bought at this time (I tried, but I'm not 80 yet anyway).
  • A new companion pet was also added to a vendor in Wintergrasp for 60 silver: Baby Shark. He's very cute and fierce-looking! Word has it that he may be a water-only pet, but no one knows for sure.

Dalaran:

• The security measures at the banks have apparently reassured the bankers enough to start stacking gold and jewels behind the barriers.
  • Breanni continues to decorate her shop and is now found more prominently in the centre of the store.
  • You can now ride through the Sewers, so you don't need to bring a lunch when you want to pay them a visit.
  • Pazik "The Pick" Prylock <Locksmith> has finally set up shop in the Sewers to assist you with finding those keys that you lost...
  • A lovely statue of Antonidas has been added to the area next to the Horde-side bank.
  • Additional minor decorations have been added to many shops and the city itself.
  • Aimee, the famous "Pie and Cupcake Vendor that doesn't actually sell pie or cupcakes" now sells pies and cupcakes :sorry:
  • The plumbers finally arrived and installed a really nice fountain by the Horde portal area.

Zones:

• The Storm Peaks:
    • ...is now (re)open! It's really amazing too! Storm Peaks is closed again due to rampant exploits and bugs *sad panda*
    • Flying mounts don't seem to be required, but trust me, you'll want one. This zone's terrain is rough otherwise and there's a ton to see at upper altitudes that can't be ridden to.

[*]Zul'Drak:

• Many new quest rewards have been added to existing quests (not retroactively rewarded, apparently), including a blue-quality feral druid weapon.

[*]Sholazar Basin:

• Pitch now drops the correct item.
    • A funny twist has been added to the "Some Make Lemonade, Some Make Liquor" quest.

[*]Crystalsong Forest:

• The Sunreavers have moved into their camp after taking a long time to set it up. You can interact with the vendors, but the flightmaster still is not functional.
    • The Silver Covenant has also populated their camp, but being Alliance-sympathisers, they're not too friendly.

Raids and Dungeons:

• Halls of Stone:
    • Access portal has been moved appropriately to Storm Peaks' Ulduar area.

[*]Halls of Lightning:

• Access portal is available in the Storm Peaks' Ulduar area. Unknown if the instance is open yet.

[*]Ulduar:

• Access portal is showing in the Storm Peaks' Ulduar area. Unknown if the instance is open yet.

[*]Violet Hold:

• Now requires a key to enter. Unknown if the instance is open yet.

Professions:

• Engineering:
    • Many new schematics are available to learn from Justin Oshenko in Dalaran, and possibly the other engineering trainers as well *happy dances*

• Some fun things added include: Gnomish Army Knife, a nice tanking gun, some awfully fun looking anti-siege weapon explosives, a haste scope (!!), a portable mailbox (FINALLY, but the cooldown is immense), injectors for the new health/mana potion ranks, quite a few fun-looking bombs and doodads, and hand rockets and other "certain slot" items (work like an enchant)!

• Best for last: an engineer-created item called a Hammer Pick that is a single-slot replacement for the mining pick and blacksmith hammer. There is a similar craftable item that acts as a mining pick and skinning knife.

[*]Fishing:

• Grand Master Fishing rank can now be trained.
    • Pools of fish are now appearing in Northrend! *happy dances*

[*]Tailoring:

• Some new items have been added to some of the tailoring suppliers that are required for later crafting recipes.

[*]Alchemy:

• New vials have been added to the supply vendors, but no new recipes yet.

Classes:

• Hunter:
    • Several new exotic creatures appear to have been enabled for taming, including wasps and rhinos.

[*]Mage:

• Fingers of Frost is reportedly working! (untested by me at this time)

• Improved Water Elemental talent no longer has an NYI tag, but I have no clue if it's working.

[*]Death Knight:

• The Bloodworms talent has been changed AGAIN, but it's an agreeable change from my experience so far and nowhere near as stupidly powerful as it used to be. Some DKs disagree (mostly sub-70s), however, so expect more tweaks.
    • Blood Boil no longer carries an AoE taunt effect on use (*sad panda*).
    • Lots of changes to Frost, but I haven't respec'ed to play with the new goodies yet. Early reports indicate that the changes are pretty good, although a few tweaks are still needed.
    • Might of Mograine no longer affects Obliterate (expect this to either change or Oblit to be tweaked).

[*]Shaman:

• Mana Tide totem appears to give mana again (Yay!).

Edited by Waldonnis

8820_jewelcraft.jpg

Focusing Lenses? *shines a pen-light at peoples' eyes*

Grr. No JC tanking trinket? *kicks a gnome into the sun*

Great zombie Jesus, that's a lot of engineering crap.

8820_engineering.jpg

"Gnomish X-Ray Specs

Binds When Equipped

Head

Requires Engineering (350)

Requires Gnomish Engineer

Equip: Allows you to see players without clothing and armor."

I can suddenly see a huge inflation in engineering material costs now...

Edited by Holyssa

I know! I can't decide whether I want to level or make stuff first. This is like opening presents for me :dancing_smile:

"Gnomish X-Ray Specs

Binds When Equipped

Head

Only on the Alliance AH....

I'm making and sending Hammer Picks to Holyssa and Kadiana. Since you only carry the mining pick, Holy, this shouldn't save you any room, but it'll free up a bag slot for Kadi and I figured I may as well make a few anyway.

Edited by Waldonnis

I know! I can't decide whether I want to level or make stuff first. This is like opening presents for me :dancing_smile:

"Gnomish X-Ray Specs

Binds When Equipped

Head

Only on the Alliance AH....

I'm making and sending Hammer Picks to Holyssa and Kadiana. Since you only carry the mining pick, Holy, this shouldn't save you any room, but it'll free up a bag slot for Kadi and I figured I may as well make a few anyway.

Thanks Waldy - now that the level cap is raised, I'm a lot more motivated to play on Beta now: bring on da epics! Orcala is almost done downloading the client, so it'll be even more fun :)

Some JC designs use an anvil/forge, as well as require the hammer. So moar bag space is never bad.

titansteel_shieldwall.jpg

(vºДº)>

^ point-&-jawdrop

Interesting note for the future for Goblin engineers...K3 in The Storm Peaks is likely your teleport location for future teleporter implementations. There's a teleporter pad in town and, being a goblin town, it makes sense for it to be the destination. It's also very "Winterspring-esque" in that area and the town itself reminds me of Everlook.

Dammit, I sneezed and accidentally hit delete on your post instead of reply, Holy :-(

Yeah, that Naxx 2-hander looks very nice, especially for Death Knights that do some tanking, but also for warriors and paladins. Some nice loot is starting to appear now, and rumour has it that Storm Peaks may reopen tonight or in the next few days.