Build 8681 beta issues discovered

Waldonnis

Bugs:

• As noted above, existing mounts cannot be learned at this time, but newly purchased ones can. You have to buy a new one and use that if you want to have a usable mount before this is fixed. This is fixed, but a few issues remain. Childrens' Week pets still appear to be unlearnable
  • Mob armour values appear to have been accidentally reduced to 0, as reported by several people and even I'm noticing a rather large change myself. Enjoy the big numbers ;)
  • Can create a new death knight, but cannot log into it. I tried this to test some UI code that I'm working on against a freshly-obtained deathcharger and was stuck at the "blue bar of death". This was also reported by several others. This has been fixed. Newly created death knights or those still doing the starter quests can once again access their characters.
  • Death knight appearance choices appear to be fixed at "one set per race", so you're unable to change your appearance on character creation or at barber shops. This may be related to the addition of the glowing blue eyes, but who knows.
  • Death knight runic power isn't decaying at all when out of combat. *VISUAL BUG* It's decaying, but I can't tell if it's at the normal rate (seems slower than it used to) because the RP value/bar isn't being updated properly. This is likely the result of some rage display changes for warriors, but we'll see how it works out.
  • Death knight rune display and use is bugged. I can't figure out an exact way to reproduce it reliably, but I often show certain runes as being off cooldown, but they aren't. Oddly enough, the spells on my toolbar even think there's a rune available (no cooldown indication), but attempting to use them tosses a "no runes available" message.
  • Rune of Spellbreaking has an incorrect description (indicates that it's for 2-handed weapons, but isn't).
  • The teleporter crystal for Dalaran won't work unless you've done the quest relating to it *in* Dalaran. The workaround currently is to fly there from Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight, which works even if you never got the Dalaran flight point in the past. If you do the quest and are still unable to use the crystal below, please submit a bug for it (I already did the quest pre-patch, so I can't test it now).
  • Death knight riding skill remains fixed at 1. Until this is corrected, death knights cannot learn the skill required for a flying mount (or even purchase a different ground mount). Doubtful that they will correct this until the final model is in place for the DK-specific flying mount, but who knows. OMG Fixed! Adding a note about the new DK-only flying mount in the build info post.
  • Under certain circumstances, visual barriers will appear in the major cities at geometry boundaries (look like opaque walls of either a solid colour or a sky texture). They are passable, but make it difficult to navigate places like Undercity at times.
  • Certain companion pets (mini-pets) aren't learnable at this time. The ones that I've noted so far include the Children's Week reward pets (only from the Outland quests: Willy, Peanut, and Egbert), Mechanical Squirrel, and the Clockwork Rocket Bot. Also, any pet that requires an item to summon (Winter Veil pets) cannot be learned at this time.
  • The Death Knight-only mount is not learnable at this time, so it's not included in the new mount panel. It does, however, work as an item just fine (much like a mount on live servers).
  • Programmatically, the learned "Deathcharger" mount on the mount panel has no name at all and its "mount ID" seems to be set to 0. I'm hoping this will change since no other mount has these problems (forces us to use more code to check for this condition so we can avoid errors).

Edited by Waldonnis