Some Beta info

Martok

I've been messing around in WOTLK beta for the past few days. I'm on the road this week with the laptop, so I won't be able to post screenshots till Thur/Fri when I get home and back on the main rig. What I can tell you is as follows:

The zones are GIGANTIC!!! Much larger than each zone in Outland. Each zone has several different feels. For example: Howling Fjord has wastelands, ice-capped mountains, a nordic city infested with mega nasties that won't let Vrugz in (ya, I tried and died about five times)

I have tested Demonology spec with the warlock, and the elemental spec with the shaman. I will put up talent info and my "tester" knowledge by the weekend.

Cool! Thanks for the tidbits. I was very curious about the zones and was wondering how they might match up with Outland. Now I'm even more excited!

The zones are seriously HUGE - and yeah - you dont just have the same look through the entire zone - you have what feels like a true ecosystem =) and some new DIFFERENT looking nasties roaming about :p

In true "me" fashion, I'm exploring EVERYTHING that I can possibly get to (and getting teleported out of places that aren't finished yet :p). I'll be keeping my blog updated about all kinds of things relating to beta, including some profession spotlights and death knight stuff. The link to my blog is at the bottom of my posts in my sig, but I'll post it here too: OMGL2PLAYNOOB.

I've already added a bunch of screenshots on a distinct page on the blog (more are often added daily) and am preparing a short write-up about Inscription, the new profession. It's not quite finished, but I've spent most of the evening working on it trying to get a feel for it. I also plan on spotlighting some of the nifty changes they've made to the game in general, such as profession links (yes, you can link your entire profession's recipe list in ONE LINK!).

I agree with Maube and Ug, though, the zones are enormous and the artwork is amazing. No recycled models this time around, it's all kinds of new and crazy models, with some being a bit larger than your character, and some very "epic, Warcraft-y" areas, like the siege area around Naxxramas. Keep an eye on my blog for more info and feel free to ask me to test stuff out if you have something specific on your mind. I do ask to please be considerate, though, and don't pester me when I'm in a raid :p

Based on my own experiences, I must agree with the rest of the gang: Northrend is a visual paradise, and you will NEVER get tired of all the simple quests which steadily nudge you to L80. Not nearly as many lumpy hills or funky crags as Azeroth had, and the other zones like Dragonblight truly make you feel as if you're wandering a frozen wasteland.

And Dalaran is crack for the eyes. Such a well designed city! Thanks to Waldy for the mini tour...God I can't wait till they flesh it out more & add things to it.

As for pally stuff? The threat generation via our new spells (Hammer of the Righteous) is insane (managed to pull aggro off a 5-sundered elite giant many times and still hold it), and the new talents deep in the prot tree are a grinding tank's godsend. Feels great to be able to grab 16 to 20 mobs (lol Skorn), and still come out at half mana and full life :p

Once I clean my Photobucket account of old junk, I'll upload my own pics. I even took some of the DK starting quests, even though quite a bit of it can be seen in other WoW sites.

*looks at Age of Conan box*

*casts Exorcism*

DEATH is the only escape!