Campfire Legends Contest

Muato

<a parchment hangs from a nail on the message post in the center of the camp>

Friends,

It is with great honor that I invite you all to attend the "Campfire Legends Contest", to be held at the great fire circle at Thunder Bluff on Wednesday, October 29th, shortly after sunset (8pm server time).

This event has become somewhat of a tradition for those that enjoy a good tale by the campfire, and by those that enjoy telling a good tale as well. In past years, we have heard many stories from our undead allies, our friends that practice the voo-doo, and of course our green-skinned brethren. I myself have honored the oral tradition of the Tauren by telling tales that many haven't heard for hundreds of years...and some that have never been heard. I hope this year we can hear a few tales of our new allies, the Blood Elves.

The rules of the contest are simple: you may spin any tale you like, but color the tale in WoW lore, and do not involve any specific player-character unless you get approval beforehand. The more WoW lore references, the better. The stories will be judged based on a number of criteria, including originality, incorporation of lore, and presentation. You may use props, spells and other effects, and up to 2 other player-characters to tell it. Your story can take no more than 10 minutes to tell, so please rehearse it first. Macros will make it easier...or typing it up beforehand and pasting it in works as well. There will be a panel of 3 judges that will score the tales as the night goes on, and at the end of the competition prizes will be awarded. 1000 gold for best story, 500 gold for best story in race, for a total of 3500 in prizes. So ask old grand-ma about her old tales and bring them to the campfire to share with friends...who knows, you may be the next Campfire Legend! Sign-up sheet will be posted soon, as there are only 15 slots available (2 are reserved for each race). Refreshments will be served.

-Muato

Edited by Muato

• 3 weeks later...

***ATTENTION***

Due to RL events, and lack of time to plan this thing properly, I have to push it back to October. I have changed the date in the original post, as well as the the Calendar event. It will be held the Wednesday before Halloween, so that should give me enough time to drum up support from a few other guilds as well. Sorry if anyone was looking forward to it, but save those stories because the new date will be kick ass!

-Mu

Hope y'all don't mind me popping in again. Was wondering if a few of the Ani could drop by. Don't know if we'll have any stories, but there's a few of us trying to rekindle the roleplaying feel from earlier, so I'll prolly be telling people about it, and hopefully get them to swing by (don't necessarily wanna tie up your slots from outside your guild, but we'll prolly try to stop by).