Memorries of the Past

Kieranna

I am the blood elf Kieranna. I have chosen to walk the path of the hunter. The same path that my father had chosen before me. I had lived in Silvermoon as long as I can remember. I remember thinking that life could not get any better. I learned history and etiquette from my mother; hunting and the wonderful thing called sarcasm from my father. I never expected, nor even thought it was possible for it to end. I was wrong. I should not have taken for granted the precious time I had with my parents. Little did I know I would lose them forever. Approximately five years ago, when Arthas and the scourge attacked and my people allied with the alliance my parents and I fought along side our friends to protect our people and our beautiful city. We are a proud race, not to be trifled with. Yet, near the end of the battle, when the strength of my people was weakening, the time we needed the alliance the most...they never came. They turned their backs on us and left us to die. The scourge army ripped through our defenses. I remember the very moment it happened. The moment where the time with my beloved parents would come to an end. Blood mixed with dirt on the battlefield. The sounds of swords crashing together, guns firing their terrible song, and spells being chanted from the lips of the mages and warlocks. Chaos reigned supreme. My heart sank as my eyes fell upon a death knight running a blade through my father's heart. I felt my world come crashing down upon me as my mother met with the same fate. Shock, terror, disbelief, and sorrow washed over me as the realization of what had just happened struck me. In that one split moment, my life as I had known it, was over. I fought back the tears that threatened to dance with the blood and dirt on my cheeks. I took both of their hands into my own. As their lungs filled with air for the last time, "I love you" was whispered to me. their bodies became limp and lifeless in my arms. A large part of me died as I watched the light leave their eyes. A scream I did not recognize fell from my lips. Pain and anger devoured me into blackness. I do not recall anything after that point. All I know is the Alliance left us. They left me. Any trust that I possess for any creature that claimed to be a friend was gone. I trusted no one.

Days turned into weeks, weeks to months, and months to years. Time went by in a mass blur. I could not tell you much of what happened in the years between losing my parents and this moment. I do remember that I kept myself busy and somewhat sane tending to tasks around Silvermoon. One of my first tasks lead me to Eversong Woods and to my closest companion. Bagheerah. I was sent to kill several of the felines that roamed the woods that day. Bagheerah was to be my last. My eyes fell upon my unsuspecting prey. As I advanced towards him, my movements were smooth and silent. My footsteps as light footed as the creature I hunted. I removed an arrow from my quiver and knocked it in the bow. I pulled the arrow back, getting ready to launch it into what would have been the end of that task. My eyes remained on my target. Breathing steadily as I moved into position. The lynx turned his head, his blue orbs fixing themselves on me.Our eyes burned into one another's. Each looking into the other's soul. A low grow lifted from the depths of his throat. I lowered my bow, maintaining eye contact. I was drawn to this creature as he was to me. We slowly advanced on one another. Cautiously, I lowered my trembling body to my knees. So close now. I could smell the scent of the wild lifting off of his thick fur. Another growl escaped him. He took another step forward. His padded paw making no sound as it made contact with the earth. I extended my arm, slowly and steadily, towards him. I dared not blink,for fear the connection between us would be lost. His hot breath caressed the delicate skin on my hand. One more step. His eyes burning into my very soul as his wet nose touched my fingertips. No, can not move. Do not run. I must stay. His head lowered slightly as he stepped forward one last time. My fingers danced there way from the brim his nose up into his thick mane. The intensity of his eyes faltered and began to fade. A different sound escaped the creature's body. This time, that of a purr. His tongue flashed out of his mouth making instant contact with my face. We both knew that it was destined for us to be together no matter what the path ahead brought us. Bagheera and I have been inseparable ever since that special day in Eversong Woods. He was the only one I trusted for a very long time. It was not until a blood knight by the name of Jasena came strutting into my life that I actually began to trust again. It was she who had found me and introduced me to a band of orcs and their allies. In time they became my clan and my new friends. Friends....yes. I had almost forgotten what it was like to have a friend that is not a feline. I have finally learned once again what how to trust others. Finally.