Wednesdays at 8!

Maube

Woot! Gruul and Magtheridon shall fear us from now on!

Last night was a breath of fresh air in my opinion, and goes to show what a little bit of good teamwork & awesome leadership can do. Grats to everyone who got kewl stuff!
Next week same plan - Gruul and then Mags. And if we can handle them - I may consider taking a look at Lurker or Hydross

For all our tanky types - please refer to our ol' SSC/TK Google table for mats needed to build Nature/Frost Resist gear for when we're ready to stomp on Mr. Bubble (Hydross):

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3P...baATg&gid=5

Farm your stuff ahead of time, and make Maube super happy >.>

Help farming the required mats from all those involved in the raid would be great too... I doubt that the tanks can farm ALL the mats themselves in the time frame that we are thinking of, every little thing will help. The key thing is the primals, so if you have extras that you can provide, let Maube know.

Edited by Kailand

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this weekend we can knock out some heroics to get nethers - or I can start spending my 250 unused badges on them =p Kargoch is going to be one of our main tanks - and depending on whether or not Ascoli or Smed want to step up to be the other - love to keep yah on the roster Oriah but I know you have GF aggro :thumbsup:

http://wowwebstats.com/rpxfth3ttntkc for the stats on the fight - use it to see how you can improve - because that is VERY important

From looking at the stats wow..

Im amazed on how much dps I actually put out.. I thought I would be way down.. But I guess there is some life in these fragile bones of mine.. :thumbsup:

All in all yes we had a good time out there..

How long are we going to take these 3 guys down? Im trying too think ahead hehe..

Congratulations everyone on a job well done! Very fine DPS and healing. Those summoners in Mag's room went down as fast as some very well-geared groups get em down!

A few more weeks, and its gonna be an hour clear! RAWR!

- Baracko, your backup ;p

Well, looking at my WWS, I did stay above the tanks at least in my all-blues and greens gear. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to next week. It was a lot of fun last night!

It was a great job by all.

As was mentioned before, please look to see where you can improve.

For those that have not been on raids with us in the past, we try to keep it fun and as stress free as possible. We do, however, enjoy spreading HATE!

-Kimpek

I particularly liked your total damage on the Gruul takedown, Stinky. Do you think I could top it by waving my leafy limbs at him while healing Kar?

It was a great job by all.

As was mentioned before, please look to see where you can improve.

For those that have not been on raids with us in the past, we try to keep it fun and as stress free as possible. We do, however, enjoy spreading HATE!

-Kimpek

I particularly liked your total damage on the Gruul takedown, Stinky. Do you think I could top it by waving my leafy limbs at him while healing Kar?

He he.... It looked like gruul put a kitty in a blender... Calandor has got to stop give raid bosses these ideas. :thumbsup:

I probably could have done better tanking. I tend to stick to old habits when tanking but i was doing what I could to hold aggro but some of you were topping my threat on the trash, and you know who you were :thumbsup: But no one said I could improve so I assumed I was doing okay. Appologies for bailing before Mags, I just didn't know you were going to head to Mags right after and I had other plans. Glad to hear you got him down. I will be around next Wed when you do the two places again. :tease:

Probably be in those two until folks no longer need anything from there - or until we can get our two resist tanks - I have a warlock volunteer for Leo so I think she will be workin on getting her resist gear.

I want to give it a few weeks for sure so I can poke the folks who arent bettering themselves and therefore helping the whole raid... I will try to help those who need it - but if people dont perform to the best of their abilities (and I will discuss it with those folks in private) they may be cut

Pending any problems with our move tomorrow we will be going as scheduled - make sure you bring your consumables - no excuse not to have food buff and a flask/elixirs on hand. Those that dont will be noted and repeat offenders will be dropped from the group. If you need help obtaining - send me an ingame mail - I usually have some of everything on my banker alt. (foods that is)

Roster is as follows:

Kargoch, Smedlock, Ascoli, Jalzin, Maube, Kelani, Kimpek, Burana, Nathaniel, Kieranna, Greenspring, Jiris, Jasena, Cresalia, Sneekeh, Dominta, Kazragerg, Lesedi, Perthes, Spleen, Jiris, Tepheris, Nawtnyse

Lomar on either Lomar or Bralor

Subs:

Katak, Oriah, Kalea, Baracko

ANyone remember the names of those two shammies that joined us in case we need them?

Remember we will be going from Gruul right to Bagtheridon

Oh and Kargoch and Ascoli will be our SSC top tankies - so they need to start working on Nature and Frost resist - Karg remind me which is best for your intial pull on Hydross?

Edited by Maube

Me and Lesedi will be there.. unless the world will come to an end before then.. if i break my leg i will prolly still be coming there :)

I need to make a new rule.. when ever me and Lesedi is gonna go for a raid / instances.. we lock our cats up.. we have 3 of them and grr I hate to suddenly STOP what im doing to let them in cause they are scratching the back door screen or they are meowing over and over and over and over and over!!!!

I keep getting these urges to neuter the cats AGAIN every time they are being annoying. :dancing_smile:

Oh and Kargoch and Ascoli will be our SSC top tankies - so they need to start working on Nature and Frost resist - Karg remind me which is best for your intial pull on Hydross?

Just offering my 2 copper on Hydross roles: when Cal & I did this, I handled the Nature phase, while Cal took on Frost.

A paladin can handle spike damage from the Frost phase a bit better due to the Frost Aura (it leaves shamans room to lay down different totems, since it won't stack with Frost Resist Totem), but gaining initial aggro while keeping Hydross on the north part of the platform is tricky, since people instinctively zerg the boss with a total lack of adds during the initial pull.

Handling the Nature phase for a pally isn't bad either, since we have some of the best threat front-loading abilities in-game thanks to Avenger's Shield & instant Judgements. And with enough NR gear, a pally can actually hold the adds that pop up for a few extra seconds via Consecrate. Timing the shield toss is something that takes practice though, since lag and funky boss mechanics do pop up (there were times when Hydross didn't transform until a good 2-4 seconds AFTER getting off his platform).

One thing you gotta remember to do is stay well-above the 490 defense mark with Hydross. He cannot crush, and cannot be blocked by Holy Shield (block doesn't work).

And as Baracko used to say during each transition to our aggro-happy people: please move with your tanks :devil:

oh snap. I missed Scryll trying to take a shot at me!

It's ok Stinky. We don't expect you to notice anything as subtle as the fist of a giant gronn smearing you into paste. We've learned to set lower expectations than that, at least for you.

Edited by Scryll