Nothin' left to lose

Piper

nothin_left_to_lose2.jpg

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose

Nothin' don't mean nothin', hon, if it ain't free

Just a quick doodle for all you silly people who miss Piper's ears and tail. Here's one of her as a teenager. She was homeless for a long time, as you can tell by her hobo-bag! The bandanna is a reference to the song I was listening to at the time, "Me and Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin for those who wouldn't recognize the lyrics above. ("I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandanna...")

She's waiting for the lights to go out in town so she can go steal things, namely food. :V THAT SCOUNDREL.

I got lazy at the end because my hand was hurting really badly from the weird way I hold my pencil. Oh well.

I also find it necessary to add that she would cast incognito before going into town, so no, she wouldn't be recognizable by the ears/tail. :p

And I gave her my biker gloves, because I can. XD

Edited by Piper

Wow. Thats some talent you have.

Do you do this for a living? I agree with Cali. You should get paid for it, I am sure people are willing to buy it.

Do you do this for a living? I agree with Cali. You should get paid for it, I am sure people are willing to buy it.

Nah, I went to an arts magnet high school, but I'm mediocre compared to my former classmates. I hope to change that once I get the chance to do "real" art again with my painting class this fall. It's something I do for fun, for myself and sometimes for friends, but I'm a psychology major wanting a doctoral degree. So. :p No art school in my future. Thanks for the compliments, though, guys! However, I'd consider this to be one of my "laziest" pictures... haha.

I may have an opportunity to illustrate animals (my favorite subjects) for a children's book though, which could prove to be fun. For instance, this:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/b.../fishin_wip.jpg

...is a still-unfinished pic of Piper and her kitsune that she had for a while. I'm sure you can tell I'm more confident drawing the kitsune than her. :p Animals were all I drew as a kid. (And yeah I know his paw is "on top" of the post, I just didn't get to the point of erasing it.) I still have to darken up the shadows in some places and finish her right hand and the fishing pole...