Third Crusher Wave into Karazhan

Shelah

Just to cover our butts: Netherspite tutorial video.

He's NOT a hard fight, but explaining it and getting the other 9 people in the raid to understand/remember it with good coordination is like dental surgery. With a rusty drill.

Please watch this movie, pause & read at certain spots, and we should have no issues kicking the crap out of him should we get this far in the next week or so. It'll be a massive help to new people, as well as help those that haven't killed him in a long time remember what they need to do.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks, just an fyi that i wont be there tonight.

The good news is that I found some work that'll keep me busy and make me some money for now. The bad news is that the hours may get a little strange and I' will more than likely be working into the scheduled raid time tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next week (although next monday is ST. Patty's =) ). Lets hope the work keeps coming though or I'll be forced to move back in with the folks for a while. If that were to happen I really dont know what play-time would be like, they have a decent connection but I couldn't get away with slacking off around the house like I do here.

In any case, have fun tonight and kick some arse!

After next Monday's run, I guess we'll have to discuss the possibility of extending our raid to a second night.

Are we still looking at the possibility of doing Kara over two nights? I would've stayed till Curator last night, but it was a (very) rare exception for me. We still did good though, having one-shotted R&J without wiping even after both bosses got health back, and with new faces to boot.

I can start as early as 7:00 if we do go the Sunday route. And if possible, I can ask Orcala to come on future runs as an offtank/DPSer (she's always looking for more badges). One night we can do Attumen --> Curator, then do Aran --> Prince/Nightbane & optional bosses.

Oh, she can't post on here due to the email authentication problem, so she wanted me to say: thanks for bringing her along :dancing_smile:

Edited by Holyssa

This week's run will be on monday as usual (march 17). And we should have a run on march 24 unless a lot of people aren't available because of Easter holidays. Starting on the following week, we'll probably run Kara in two nights (march 30 and 31), but I must first have the confirmation of everyone. So please let me know if it's ok for you or not. The run would take place just after Smed's.

I'll add Orcala on our replacement list. It was fun to have her last monday.

Right now, we have one regular spot to fill, that of a second healer. Kalea has been of great help so far, but she can't be available on a regular basis. Please let me know if you know a good healer who would be available on sunday and monday nights.

Its a miracle!

*gets out his cane*

Merry Christmas, Everyone! (in his best british accent)

???

Congrats, guys! So happy to hear everything moving onward so well.

• 3 weeks later...

*bump*

Killed Illhoof and Netherspite on our first night of attempts at these guys, with only one or two attempts per boss. Got Prince to 40% first try too, but infernals were full of unlucky & fail. Good signs of progress for this group, however!

Run your Heroics and get some gear to fill in those blue gaps fellas, cause next week I'd like to do some Eredar-tipping for more badges! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We finally cleared Karazhan for Shelah's group after some scary infernal placements during Prince. That, and one-shotted Netherspite after two weeks of not having any real cracks at the blue dragon. Grats to all who made it work!

However, I'd like us to blow through the content at a faster pace, and try to squeeze the run down to one night as much as possible. I know not many of us can stay beyond the 11:30PM mark (I especially...GG work), but our chain-pulling butt-whippin' knee-slappin' lazer-pewin' dual pally-tankin' run on Sunday proved we can make it a reality if...

~People show up on time. Remember, Shelah or myself will do invites around 7:30-7:45PM-ish, and begin as soon as we got a full raid of 10.

~People study the loot tables and know in advance what they want for their main spec. The faster loot gets done, the faster we can keep moving.

~If you're gonna be late or absent, please PM me or Shelah in-game or on this forum in advance. This way we don't have late starts, and can find a filler asap. We seem to have a lot of trouble grabbing off-healers if anything else.

This raid makes me happier every week :yub:

We sure made an eloquent statement this week as we cleared all of Karazhan without a single wipe. FOR THE SKULLCRUSHERS!!!

With only three bosses on monday night, it looks like we could clear the whole place in one night if we start a bit earlier. I'll start invites at 7:30 next week and see where we can get in four hours.

As Holyssa mentionned, we would feel better if we had a couple of replacement healers. Don't hesitate to contact us if you're interested, even if you feel a bit undergeared : this place is made for upgrades!

Thanks to all those who made this happen over the past few months!

Shelah

Touching up on a few things we spoke of last night:

~ Be on time, or be replaced!

There are a few obvious exceptions to this, and you know who you fellas are. DPS is a dime a dozen, but again - finding healers that show up at the 8:00PM pulling mark has been an utter b*tch. Yes, I know RL comes first and foremost, but if you plan to raid & snag an easy 22+ badges a week from the tower, you gotta show a level of commitment without expending the free time of the other 9 people that want to stomp the tower.

~ Pick a character & stick to it.

Some nights we will have people swap alts to fill specific roles, like an offtank or (see above) offhealer. Keep in mind that the primary reason to come here is to get gear & cruise through content later on in life, but if you swap characters on a constant basis, gear distribution becomes a scattered mess & hurts the less fortunate that can truly take advantage of what falls.

~ Absence notice.

Many of you have been very respectful about this rule, but if you will be late or cannot attend one of our Badge-azhan runs, please give either Shelah or myself at least a 24-hour notice. This will give us both ample time to find someone to fill in for you. Failure to do so WILL result in forfeiting your spot!

This raid has impressed me quite a bit - ever since our first clear we've overcome the RBS (Random Bullsh*t) factor at every opportunity. Heck, Sunday night we began at 8:45PM (45 minutes later than usual), the server threw up/crashed, and we STILL killed Aran & Illhoof a half hour before our usual 11:30PM cutoff. Quite an accomplishment with so few clearings under our belt.

We could have pushed on, but the trash leading to chess is very unforgiving during the later hours...especially with a crazed tankadin leading the charge (me, lol). But it's something to keep in mind with regards to what this particular group can dish out. Let's come back next week, and make the Badges flow like spice! >.>

• 3 weeks later...

Gadzooks! We just did our very first one-night clear of the ol' tower, despite being cursed with crappy loot again :). Very nice work, but next week we're going to try and move at a slightly faster pace in order to conserve time.

I have to admit, a part of getting the ball rolling was our 7:30-ish start time, an hour earlier than the normal 8:30-9:00PM-ish due to late arrivals. We ended the night just past 11:30PM or so, due to a few minor hiccups on Netherspite (black circles suck, mmkay?), but eventually cleaned house. Makes quite a difference, doesn't it?

We also had a new healing face along with us in the form of Lesedi. I was worried that my madness-driven AoE-tanking methods would scare her off, but she proved to be a very fast learner & amazing priest.

I swear, we need to sacrifice a kitten in order for the shaman healing crap & leftover plate to stop dropping :p

I was honored to be amongst you all last night in Karazhan. It was my second time there and first time through completely, I only made it to the Maiden the first time, so it was quite fun. I had a bit of a challenge in the chess game area, my brain doesn't work when it comes to games like that, but otherwise was a totally awesome experience, thank you for letting me join. I will get better !! Lesedi

• 2 weeks later...

Heyo folks,

I know two weeks ago Kara got kinda rough, and Father's Day kinda slowed us down this last Sunday with no run at all. That and I didn't have the opportunity to write & say I wasn't going to make it. My bad on that part...you can blame the holiday for this one X)

I just thought I'd toss this out in the open: Mondays will not be a 2nd Kara run for us because...

1. We've proven we can do it in a one-night clear before. Plus I'd rather not have to drag back folks for the sake of just 3 bosses.

2. I'm committed to a ZA run each Monday in order to help the Crushers work towards our first Amani Bear mount. We're getting pretty damned close each week.

So show up on time Sunday, and if you still need specific boss drops, please visit Wowhead or wowwiki and look at loot tables so we can spend less time rolling on stuff and more time chain-pulling!

Hopefully with the 1 specified day we will all be able to start on time and get our chain pulling methods down to an art. No worries Holy, we picked up and still cleared 18 badges worth of bosses on Monday( awesome job for people not used to marking/leading and without chain pulling, did run a bit late though) Would have gotten more but lacking a non mana DPS for the green beam(much less 2) hurt our chances there. Everyone did great regardless. :cool:

Spread the word, I know a few of us didnt know the schedule had changed, and Im sure everyone that runs doesnt visit the forums. That way we all can plan around RL ahead of time.

Got an idea that may help speed up things a tad that Ill toss at yah when I get a chance.

And if you want to switch out toons for boss loot park em outside, no guarantees we will always have a lock to summon. :devil:

• 1 month later...
Nice stats considering what we had to work with hehe and that we managed to take down all the bosses ;)

Taking em down is one thing. Remembering the Hamfist Mantra ("Stay out of bad sh1t!") is another. ;)

My apologies for being MIA last night, had some more drama come up with the gf and her soon to be X roomate.

It's ok! Although you'd cry if you knew what Curator & Netherspite dropped :(

From now on, my WWS reports will be on the first page in my original post.

Edited by Holyssa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Since we'll be missing Perthes and Lesedi Sunday, we will be doing one last Karazhan run rather than risk jumping in blindly into ZA. It's still a very new group, and with two of my key people MIA, I don't feel secure going into the jungle so unprepared.

At some point this week I will post a new topic with ZA details and WWS stuff. So if 1 DPS and 1 Healer class want an easy 20 badges tomorrow (and aren't saved already), poke Shelah or myself in-game. >:0

Hi folks,

Since we'll be missing Perthes and Lesedi Sunday, we will be doing one last Karazhan run rather than risk jumping in blindly into ZA. It's still a very new group, and with two of my key people MIA, I don't feel secure going into the jungle so unprepared.

At some point this week I will post a new topic with ZA details and WWS stuff. So if 1 DPS and 1 Healer class want an easy 20 badges tomorrow (and aren't saved already), poke Shelah or myself in-game. >:0

Holy,

Grab me on either Eigun or Nugie if you're still short a body.

• 2 weeks later...