Third Crusher Wave into Karazhan

Shelah

Hail Crushers!

Although our guild is already wreaking havoc in Karazhan, Zul'Aman and Serpentshrine Cavern, it appears that some of us are still looking for regular spots to explore (and LOOT!!!) the haunted tower of Medivh. I therefore would like to volunteer myself to lead a new wave of Crushers into Karazhan in order to strengthen the Clan even more.

Can those interested please post :

1-) The name of the interested character.

2-) Its class and spec.

3-) Their prefered nights.

We will be aiming at a run that starts early (around 7:00 pm) and stops early (around 11:00 pm) and will be looking forward to expanding that night as our raid grows stronger.

For the Horde!

Shelah

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to bring Sildaka along.

1. Sildaka

2. Hunter/Marks

3. Available most nights though, that is subject to change. I'll take the same tack here as in other raids. I'd love to be "a reliable replacement." (( =) )) I can say that I will almost always be on when you start, and will be ready to go.

I'm glad to see you stepping up and starting another Kara raid Shelah, you bring honor to the clan!!

Depending on the time you choose, I may have a variety of characters to help fill in. For me, 9:00 pm and later is best. check sig for my short list of toons.

Also, I respect your initiative to get something going. Outstanding. :)

You don't seem to have listed any specific night that you want this to occur. It might be important to know becasue not just any night will work for everyone. Presuming this is open to friends of the Skullcrushers, I would love to be able to bring my hunter too, however, Im already topped with raids (which I can't believe I let myself get into it that much:( ) I need sometime for myself and to spend with friends for questing/instances and so on, so Monday(ZA), Tues/Thurs(SSC) and Friday(Kara) nights Im already spoken for. I do know that Holyssa expressed intrest however if it conflicts with the Tues/Thus SSC raid then that is that of course. I am not sure I want to add yet another raiding night to my week

Edited by Zebgora

My new main, Aleis 70 frost mage, has 2 of the Kara keys and just needs a trip for the third. As always, I work 2 or 3 nights a week till 10 PM:( I would love to try to make it, but this may be problematic with my schedule. I guess I could at least be a prime fill in for the run.

Edited by muru

Hello,

I would love to join the raid. I'm a paladin and currently prot specced. I would like to run kara as prot but i am open to discussion about what is needed. (RET!?! haha)

side note about me. I am very experienced with the paladin class. Started playing the class back when wow first started.

Hey hey Shelah,

I know Rhoach has a preist rising up in the ranks, named Smiths.

Him and I have 3 mutual friends who are also rising up, Eneloj (priest), Mushka (hunter), and Nusnyrea (Warlock). I'm not sure what night would be best for them but i believe they would all have possible interest in the raid.

I've committed Jaern to a saturday raid but I havent done much with brainah lately, if its any other day I might be able to bring the ol mace crazy along as I still am looking to get the axe from prince and trinket from opera. Beyond that I'd like to start another ZA for any on this raid once we get more people geared up as well as combine my saturday Kara with any and all who'd like to make a second Gruuls/Magtheridon day.

Based on the comments received so far, the run will take place on monday nights. This way it won't interfere with other guild runs in SSC and Karazhan. It will enable players who have their main character in SSC or ZA to attend our run.

It looks like we won't have any problems finding tanks for our run.

Tanks : Rikus (D), Tamrin (W), Holyssa (P), Artika (P).

Ranged DPS : Sildaka (H), Brainah (S), Shelah (P), Aleis (M)? Zebgor (H)?

Healers : HELP!!!

The run is opened to friends of the Clan. Please let me know if you have friends interested.

Based on the comments received so far, the run will take place on monday nights. This way it won't interfere with other guild runs in SSC and Karazhan. It will enable players who have their main character in SSC or ZA to attend our run.

It looks like we won't have any problems finding tanks for our run.

Tanks : Rikus (D), Tamrin (W), Holyssa (P), Artika (P).

Ranged DPS : Sildaka (H), Brainah (S), Shelah (P), Aleis (M)? Zebgor (H)?

Healers : HELP!!!

The run is opened to friends of the Clan. Please let me know if you have friends interested.

Ah actually if it is Monday nights then I am already spoken for, but thats quite alright. Perhaps it is for the best and I can just wait until there is ever a time that we stop going to ZA on Monday evenings. We are slowly but surely conquering the place. Or if something else comes along thats alright too :(

I'd be willing to bring Crikrunner to heal for you until you can find a permenent healer, like 2 or 3 weeks i can give you. I'm currently busy tues-thursday monday works for me. I have errands to run tonight but might be able to make it after 8pm. Not sure if you planning on starting tonight?

As Illidan would say : "We are not prepared." Indeed we're not ready to take on the Haunted Tower this week. We'll most likely do our first run on february 25, invites starting at 7:45, first pull around 8:15.

What we need most is a main healer. We can count on Crikrunner for a few weeks, but we'll need a regular main healer after that. Any class is fine, but a priest would be perfect, as it would give us some additional Shackles, especially useful with Moroes.

We'll not some more DPS and CC too.

With the latest changes, our run looks like :

Tanks : Rikus (D), Tamrin (W), Artika (P).

DPS : Sildaka (H), Brainah (S), Shelah (P), Aleis (M).

Healers : Crikrunner (S), Holyssa (P).

Just a warning, although it is possible to run with 3 tanks, you don't really want more than 2 tanks unless you lack CC, otherwise you will not have enough dps for some of the encounters, plus for most of the encounters (everyone but midnight/attuman, moroes, and opera) only one tank is required. Probably the best bet is to have the third tank be an offspec (ret/holy pal or arms/fury warrior) and make sure they have good DPS/healing gear. A feral druid of course is the best offtank, since they do not need to really spec differently for dps/tanking. As for healers, unless you have two well geared and specced healers, it is best to go with 3 (or 2 specced healers and 1 off healer). The key encounter that checks to see if you have enough healing/dps/cc is moroes. If you can't get past him you will need to rethink your group make up.

Thanks for the tips, Kargoch!

We will finally be able to enter Medivh's tower tomorrow night. I will keep you informed concerning our first exploration.

Tomorrow's group should be :

Tanks : Rikus (D), Tamrin (W).

DPS : Sildaka (H), Brainah (S), Shelah (P), Aleis (M), Nais ®, Volonazra (W).

Healers : Fringa (D), Holyssa (P).

Replacements : Artika (Paladin).

Holyssa will be our guiding voice, because you really don't want to hear my (or Rikus') aweful french accent... ;-)

Tamrin informed me today that he will arrive a little late. We will pull the first groups with only one tank and all the CC we have.

There is a chance that Muato & Amayeta will be interested in this run sometime in the near future.

Amayeta is a resto druid

Muato is a feral druid

Right now we probably lack the gear needed for Karazhan, we just got keyed but are really lacking on post TBC 5-man experiences (and have yet to finish a heroic!).

As for past experience, Amayeta has healed every pre-tbc raid instance & 5 man.

Lithola is a Disc/Holy pvp priest but if you ever need her to fill a slot she is keyed and has been to Karazhan a few times.

Yes, the start was rocky, but it shouldn't be a problem next week now that we have a set roster. I'll make sure, in the course of the week, to have a confirmation from everyone.

Thanks to all those who made it a success : Clanger, Fansheng, Fringa, Holyssa, Kalea, Nais, Rikus, Sildaka, Tamrin, Volonazra.

This was indeed a great run. I was impressed with everyone's discipline. And it was a fun run too.

Special thanks to Clanger and especially Kalea for filling the empty spots. I'm not sure we would have made it that far without Kalea's heals. She gave the group a perfect configuration.

And a very special thank to Holyssa who guided us with his radiophonic (ditto Rikus) voice. He made this run a fun, simple and professionnal happening. I give him yesterday's run's first star!!!

Second evening into Karazhan was a success again, as we got to the Chess Event. But the best part of it is that we killed six bosses without a single wipe. FOR THE CLAN!!!Hopefully, we will be able to start next monday's run on time and have a shot at Aran too. After next monday's run, I guess we'll have to discuss the possibility of extending our raid to a second night.

Thank you all again for making this raid a success!

Shelah

Just a mini-FYI:

As of March 17 (possibly this Monday coming up? Can't promise anything :\ ), I will be free and no longer have any stupid RL commitment (sorry, it's a personal thing) dragging me down before the raid. So we could possibly start just a teeny bit earlier on those days now that I can better focus & not have to race home on that day of the week.

It's up to the raid, though. :D

I have no problem with starting a bit earlier than what we have. As for a second night, I guess that depends on whats available. At the moment, I'm at volleyball tuesdays and thursdays with my oldest. I run Zul Aman on wednesdays and sunday afternoon is smed's kara run. If I can fit into what everyone else has then great! :D