Full circle

Volonazra

Where to begin...I guess Ill start with abit of history to benefit those "new" to the clan and those with failing memory.

I took on the role as guild leader for the first time in early '05, after Grulg leading since beta. At the time Skullcrusher Orc Clan was about a 10-15 person guild. I decided to try and keep it going because I had already invested myself into it, and decided it was an opportunity to take and run with. Ive ran guilds in various games since late 90's so I was no stranger to the role. I slowly built the guild up, one quality person at a time. We grew in reputation too. We had the label "rping guild" due to being on a RP server. I never was a fan of labels, but I was glad that we were respected as a pillar of the lore based environment on Argent Dawn. Many players knew us from the way we used the "orc blah". We have a special and unique foundation upon lore that carries on somewhat today. We grew and prepared for eventually the big league raids and content, on our own terms.

Time came that I needed to leave the game. The elders decided that Maube would be best to take the guild leader position. We had a great start on the end game. Membership was on the rise. People were for once coming to us for raiding as opposed to leaving to find that elsewhere. Maube led the guild to Molten Core personally and many others pitched in to lead members elsewhere. It was a very productive and active time.

Upon release of the first expansion, i found it a good time to return to game. Every thing seemed well enough, but there was brewings of big change. There is no single thing to point to that explains why the guild fell in the way it has. Divergent goals, lack of real loyalties, ego, insufficient opportunity, leadership issues, etc etc led to a downward spiral for several months. It was a difficult time for the guild. Over months of time, the guild issues raged and drama came like crashing waves. When time came that Maube needed to quit and devote her time to family, the leadership looked upon Aletia(aka Raeda) for some stability and leadership. Aletia and the remaining clan eventually came to an equalibrium. Aletia and those loyal to the guild withstood, and here we are today.

I now come full circle. Once again, I find myself I the position to assume the leader role. Once again, I will take the reins and do what I can to make everyones WoW experience the best I can. Yet, I am just one player. Ill need the faith and support of all of you.

*edited because i shouldnt be allowed to post precoffee

Edited by Volonazra

Checkers is "just a game", Warcraft is not. The MMO is something entirely different. The MMO is in a different dimension than most other "games". It has all the elements of all the "just a game" types but goes way beyond that in many scopes. Mostly due to the personal investment, time spent, and relationships formed.

Anyhow, let me outline what I feel a guild should and should not be. I acknowledge Im abit off, but I want and expect more from the people I spend time with. Some of these things are so simple but seem to need to restated. First and foremost, I think a guild should be about good friends. We are an online club, a pseudo-family, that gets together to experience our "game" together. As such, a guild should be a fun supportive team for all members not just a few. Everyone should feel able to ask for help and should readily recieve it. Everyone should make it their responsibility to take care of everyone else. Be generous when you can, and accept help when others can help you. Especially those of us online alot. We should make it a point to really help out the player with the least time to play. Also, everyone should have some say in guild matters, and should speak up when there is something to be said. It is everyone responsibility to point out things that are good as well as the bad. Let it be known when your mate should be acknowledged for something great. On the other hand, let your mate know when he is out of line. Disagreements will come, someone will make you made, but try to keep in mind no family goes without these things. Keep in mind there is always a good way of resolvinig it.

Our guild should not be competitve over petty things. Everyone should be glad for the accomplishments of their mates. Our guild should not be subjected to anyone's epeen. We will all cheer you and will be glad for your material gains, but only if you've earned our respect. We will not respect you nor be glad for your gains, if you cheer yourself. You will be honored and respected when your clan knows you care about them and the guild. You can not bring honor to your clan with your ego. You will be revered when you show the strength of modesty. Never forget, we are all responisble to all other members for our public behavior and thus our reputation. Dont let your clan mates down.

Id like to briefly explain some of my plan for the near future. Firstly, we are in waiting for a big update to our homepage. Aletia and Wolf collaborated to come up with some slick looking graphic and interface over the summer. We now are just waiting for Balandar to nail it up. Next, I want to increase the communication between members. Doing so, I hope to instill more unity and togetherness. Doing so, I hope that those that dont communicate will be more empowered to do so and those that are empowered will communicate. On that same token, I want to increase our guild communication with other guilds on a larger scale. We already have some tools in place, but we are not using them. Increased outter communication will provide more opportunity(RP/raid/grouping) for everyone involved. The trick will be getting people to utilize them. Next, I want to get some new attitudes and personalities around the ol' camp. It is vital to have new blood around, for many reasons. Recruitment is just as important as retention, and shouldnt be done haphazardly. Lastly, I want to help the guild regain it sense of fun. I hope I am wrong, but I perceive an air of apathy, boredom, and disgruntlement about camp.

If anyone wants to help be part of the solution, let me know. If anyone has ideas, let me know. Dont wait idly by when you have something you could share or do. Clan Skullcrusher is YOUR guild, do with it (for it) what you can to make it your ideal. Leadship is not here to do it all, we are here to help you make your plans work also.