Robert Jordan

Maube

dragonmount.com

« Older Entries |

Sometimes even when you’ve fought your best….

Posted by Wilson on September 16th, 2007 in the Robert Jordan's Blog category

It is with great sadness that I tell you that the Dragon is gone. RJ left us today at 2:45 PM. He fought a valiant fight against this most horrid disease. In the end, he left peacefully and in no pain. In the years he had fought this, he taught me much about living and about facing death. He never waivered in his faith, nor questioned our God’s timing. I could not possibly be more proud of anyone. I am eternally grateful for the time that I had with him on this earth and look forward to our reunion, though as I told him this afternoon, not yet. I love you bubba.

Our beloved Harriet was at his side through the entire fight and to the end. The last words from his mouth were to tell her that he loved her.

Thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and support through this ordeal. He knew you were there. Harriet reminded him today that she was very proud of the many lives he had touched through his work. We’ve all felt the love that you’ve been sending my brother/cousin. Please keep it coming as our Harriet could use the support.

Jason will be posting funeral arrangements.

My sincerest thanks.

Peace and Light be with each of you,

Wilson

Brother/Cousin

4th of 3

To Catalyst: Never, never loose faith. RJ did not. Harriet hasn’t. I haven’t. Going through what we have, our faith is only strengthened. Besides, if God didn’t exist, we would have never had Jim. We did. God does. Remember my Brother/Cousin, my friend, think of him fondly and glorify God’s name.

Editor’s Note:

The entire staff of Dragonmount.com would like to extend its most deepest sympathies to Robert Jordan’s family. He touched all of our lives in some way and we wish him the rest and peace he deserves. We will be posting information in the near future about where you can send condolences. Please check the News Section for these updates.

487 Comments »

(115 votes, average: 4.74 heron(s) out of 5)

On a positive side note, I did read one report that said he had a portion of the final novel finished, and that as he knew he was headed for death, he made sure that his wife and senior editor knew where the information was to finish the story.

Furthermore, in a previous interview, he stated that he wanted this to be the LAST book, even if it took 1500 pages hardcover.

RIP Robert J, but please dear lord, guide his wife to finish the series.

I had commented to my wife two years ago while in a bookstore that I hope he finished the series before he died.

That entry was lifted right from Jordan's blog on Dragonmount.

Sad to see him go. I met him and have one of my hard covers signed by him. I remember that day - a friend and I drove over to Dayton for a signing. I believe it was A Crown of Swords that was out, but I took Lord of Chaos. He looked puzzled when I presented that one to be signed, and I told him that it was my favorite in the series thus far.