The journey

Bula

The mighty Ogre stood upon the bloody mound. All around him lay the remains of those that fell to his mighty Axe. The ground stained red with the enemies blood. Bula stood motionless as he stood in defiance to all that apposed him. His mighty axe now lay silent as he took in the carnage all around him. None were spared, squirrels, rabbits, snakes and even cochroaches had all succumbed to the might of the Ogre Warlord.

“Bula!! Have you found anything for us to eat yet?” came a shout not far from where Bula stood. “Yeh me gotz gud fuds fer uz tonight brudderz” Bula shouted as he finished filling his sack with the freshly slain meat. Bula made his way back to the camp and let the sack drop to the ground before Ugar. “Me gotz gud fud tonight, me getz guder fud den tupid Toldar” Ugar grabbed the bag and emptied its contents onto the ground before him. “ Hmmm rabbits and squirrels again tonight I see” Ugar replied. “Dat be all der wuz brudder, der be nutten else here” Bula explained as he reached for a rabbit and shoved it in his mouth. Ugar stood there with a look of disqust. “You could atleast let me cook it first brother Bula”. Ugar replied. “Bah me like it no kooked, it gudest dis way” Bula retorted as he continued to chew on the rabbit that was now completely shoved into his mouth. The blood poured from between his teeth down his chin. Most people would be disgusted by the sight of an ogre eating but Ugar was quite used to it.

Ugar asked Bula to start a fire as he began to unload some sacks from his koto. “I shall cook us some stew, with any luck we will have enough left over to last a few days till we reach the crossroads” Ugar explained. “No need for that brother Ugar, I have brought us a fresh stag for which we will feast on this eve” a voice shouted. Ugar and Bula both turned there attention to the dark figure that stood a few yards from the incampment. The figure steped out of the shadows to reveal himself. It was Toldar the Tauren warrior. Toldar dropped the rather large stag corpse on the ground before Bula. “No squirrel and rabbit tonight my ogre brother” Toldar said with a smile as he greeted his old friends. Bula stood there in awe at the size of the stag. His mouth still open with blood and tuffs of fur along his face. “Where u am get dat brudder?” Bula asked in amazment. “There is a rather large herd of them on the other side of the hill” Toldar replied. “Ahh dey must ub dust got der den” Bula replied. “Well by the looks of the surroundings I would say they been grazing there for quite sometime” Toldar replied as he patted the Ogre on his shoulder. “Don’t worry brother ogre, no one hunts furosious squirrels and rabbits like you” Toldar added as he began to unpack his koto. “Dey be meaner den dey look u know, dey can be bery tricky, and and dey gotz big clawz and teefs” Bula mumbled as he went to unpack his koto. Toldar and Ugar laughed as they prepared to finish setting up camp.

Ugar stood over the fire stirring ingredients into the large pot that had been filled with water from the nearby stream. Toldar sat across from Ugar skinning the stag and carving off large portions of meat to add to the pot. Bula walked around aimlessly as if he had lost something. Ugar and Toldar had taken notice of the confused looking ogre. “What are you looking for Bula” Ugar asked. “Me no find me koto, me tinks it run away…..again.” Bula replied. Ugar shook his head in disbelief. Toldar let out a hearty laugh. “The mighty Ogre would forget his own head if it was attached” Toldar said. “Well you better find it before sunrise, we leave for the crossroads at first sunlight” Ugar said as he continued to stir the pot. “Me find em no problem brudderz, me be back soon” Bula shouted as he headed towards the tree line with axe in tow. “Grab a torch Bula it will be hard to see in the dark without light” Toldar shouted towards the ogre. “Me no need tupid fire brudder me seez bery gud in dah dark” Bula shouted back as he disappeared into the darkness. Toldar looked at Ugar. “Do you think dinner will be ready before we have to go find the lost ogre?” Toldar asked. “Yeh we will let him wonder for a few while we eat before we go rescue him” Ugar said as he laughed.

To be continued….

Edited by Bula