The Baby Pool

Qiris

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still not dilated - but my BP is still high so I am still on bedrest. Go back in on Friday for another pelvic and potentially this weekend for a non stress test at the hospital. Doc says if I am not delivered by monday - they will set up an appointment for induction. Hopin it doesnt come to that! My mom is thinking the baby will come on Thursday since we are expecting foul weather =p

All I can say is... I creak like an old lady - hurts to sit up straight and my pelvis creaks when I walk =P

Doc recommended lots of sex and bewbie stimulation =p

Of course I forgot to ask if I was effaced or not - first babies the woman often effaces before she dilates

I am still not dilated - but my BP is still high so I am still on bedrest. Go back in on Friday for another pelvic and potentially this weekend for a non stress test at the hospital. Doc says if I am not delivered by monday - they will set up an appointment for induction. Hopin it doesnt come to that! My mom is thinking the baby will come on Thursday since we are expecting foul weather =p

All I can say is... I creak like an old lady - hurts to sit up straight and my pelvis creaks when I walk =P

Doc recommended lots of sex and bewbie stimulation =p

Of course I forgot to ask if I was effaced or not - first babies the woman often effaces before she dilates

*chuckles* yep! its the best way to stimulate the process. Its almost like letting the nervous system know, "Hey! you forgot about the baby! its time!"

Can be fun along the way, too *grins evilly*

*sticks fingers in ears*

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

L

ALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

:devil:

Hey at least we will have a funny story to tell Gabe to humilate him when he is of age ::grins wickedly::

Still no regular contractions - heck even the BH have been slacking off - getting very annoying!

Whelp... there will be a baby this weekend. Doc appointment today had my BP spiking again and now my reflexes are exaggerated. So Doc is sending me to the hospital tnight for testing, observation and stuff to ripen my cervix (still not dilating) and if I dont start labor on my own - pitocin either tomorrow or Sunday. Which has me absolultely terrified to say the least =( I know that if I dont dilate and they start me on pitocin - the likelyhood of me needing a cesearean are high.

Wish us luck

Whelp... there will be a baby this weekend. Doc appointment today had my BP spiking again and now my reflexes are exaggerated. So Doc is sending me to the hospital tnight for testing, observation and stuff to ripen my cervix (still not dilating) and if I dont start labor on my own - pitocin either tomorrow or Sunday. Which has me absolultely terrified to say the least =( I know that if I dont dilate and they start me on pitocin - the likelyhood of me needing a cesearean are high.

Wish us luck

Last on your post, but first on mine: Always, always, lots of luck!

Pitocin - (As I already said before) it didn't seem to work on my wife. Had it for 8 hours with the only effect of making the contractions noticeable. We went to sleep back to the department at 2am and woke up to heavy contractions at 5am. labor room at 1000, at 1200 the doctor said "we will come at 1400 to deliver" and by 1435 it was all over. It all happened in 8 hours, from sleep to after the delivery.

Only remark is... During delivery, always prefer a cut when it is necessary. They know exactly when they need to do it, much better than being actually ripped apart. Two close (to me) examples: My wife had a cut, and we were out and walking in no time (two days after delivery we were out, walking). My sister didn't - and had a major rip which was two weeks of suffering.

Last on yours, last on mine: Good luck to you your family!

Wish us luck

Last on your post, but first on mine: Always, always, lots of luck!

Pitocin - (As I already said before) it didn't seem to work on my wife. Had it for 8 hours with the only effect of making the contractions noticeable. We went to sleep back to the department at 2am and woke up to heavy contractions at 5am. labor room at 1000, at 1200 the doctor said "we will come at 1400 to deliver" and by 1435 it was all over. It all happened in 8 hours, from sleep to after the delivery.

Only remark is... During delivery, always prefer a cut when it is necessary. They know exactly when they need to do it, much better than being actually ripped apart. Two close (to me) examples: My wife had a cut, and we were out and walking in no time (two days after delivery we were out, walking). My sister didn't - and had a major rip which was two weeks of suffering.

Last on yours, last on mine: Good luck to you your family!

Yes and No... cutting can cause longterm effects down the road that you might not notice for years.

Possible outcome = uterine prolapse at older ages, just to name one.

Yes and No... cutting can cause longterm effects down the road that you might not notice for years.

Possible outcome = uterine prolapse at older ages, just to name one.

I would prefer THAT to a fifth degree tear.

WINCE!

You guys are NOT helping my nerves =p

Anyway... just one last gulp before I head to the hospital. Mom is coming up to spend the night with me since I am more then a little nervous (that and the hormones and I have a hard time not crying) Call me crazy but I was looking forward to the natural birth experience =p unfortunatly that doesnt seem to be the case for Gabey - but as long as we both make it out healthy I am not going to be too upset!

So keep checkin the boards folks - there will be a little one this weekend =)

No matter HOW he gets here, you will have given birth! I know how that feels, to not have everything be all "natural" and the urge then to beat yourself up. But really, consider yourself blessed--you live in a time and place where you can have your baby with relatively few issues. If you'd been doing this a hundred years ago, things might have gotten scary. Now they may be inconvenient!

And I am not kidding, after having had two c-sections, I cringe at the thought of a normal delivery. You wanna put WHAT through WHERE?? YEOUCH!