Beastlord

Eldoran Nobleheart

Step one: The Battle in Grimling Forest

You say, 'Hail, Historian Sharar'

Historian Sharar says 'It is a pleasure to meet you, friend. Please let me know if you have trouble finding the book that you seek. If you request something that we do not have available, I can make a note to keep an eye out for it. We are getting in a great variety of interesting new material these days. Speaking of which, I need someone to take a tome to Elder Animist Dumul. He has been frantically researching something or another. I'm sure that you could pry a little and learn more about it if you were to take this book to him. Is that something that you would be interested in doing? '

You say, 'Yes'

Historian Sharar says 'You have a braver spirit than mine, friend, but I'm glad that someone is available to assist me. Take care and keep alert. The Khati Sha seem to be very troubled by something of late. '

Handing the book to Elder Animist Dumul:

Elder Animist Dumul says 'Thank you, young courier. I will not need anything more from you at this time. We have a great deal of research to do and absolutely no time to complete said studies. Did the Historian tell you anything? Matters are bad enough without rumors floating about in the shadows. Speak up... did you hear anything about our situation? '

You say, 'Some spirits are disturbed'

Elder Animist Dumul says 'Well, my prying little friend. Someone as inquisitive as you may be of use to us. Perhaps you were sent to us by the very ones we seek to help. The spirits are capable of far more impressive manipulations. If any time warrants such trickery or nudging of fate, I would guess that this day would qualify. Be aware of one thing, youth... the beastlord that follows the path I see before us this day may not return to this house unscathed... if they return to me at all. If you are the Khati Sha I seek, prove your worth in combat and return to me with the Copper Medal of War. You can get this medal from assisting the soldiers in the Grimling Forest. '

Look up Scout Husam in Grimling Forest, and talk to him.

Scout Husman asks you for 6 people of about his level to wipe out a grimling camp nearby. Purchase a polished Acrylia Sphere from the nearby shopkeeper to start the quest. The scout will march straight out and assault a camp of grimlings. It's your job to keep him alive during the initial camp take and the follow up waves of grimlings. There are about 5 Grimlings in the camp, and the waves consist of 4 or 5 grimlings a piece. Eventually a Grimling officer will appear (who is much stronger than the Grimlings). Kill him to recieve a medallion from Scout Husman.

You must keep Scout Husman alive in order to finish the quest. Suggested force is about 6 level 40s or 2 or 3 high level 50s. The officer could not be mesmerized.

Return to Elder Animist Dumul and hand him the Copper Medal of War:

Elder Animist Dumul says 'You have returned at a most opportune time, [your name]. If this medal is indicative of your abilities in combat, I may be able to find a slight amount of hope soon. We have learned answers for many of the questions that we had prior to your last visit. Please take this seal and this container. Place them somewhere safe, while I gather the information that we've accumulated so far. Let me know when you have the seal packed and are ready to be briefed. Should you ever loose it, just ask for another. '

Your faction standing with Savage Spirit got better.

You say, 'I am ready'

Elder Animist Dumul says 'As you may have gathered during our first meeting, we have been dealing with a situation that differs from any that we have dealt with in the past. We dismissed the situation as improbable at first, but unfortunately we have just attained certain proof. Our scouts have found that an individual has discovered a means of manipulating elder spirits. These spirits have a great deal of power over their natural environments. This person has used some new magic to take that power for himself. '

You say, 'What new magic?'

Elder Animist Dumul says 'The scouts were able to witness some of the rituals used to capture the spirits. They described a process that involved the use of a wooden totem, shaped in the image of the spirit's true form. The magic-user is able to use that totem to siphon the power of the spirit. He then uses that power to transform the spirit into an entity of malign intent. Fortunately, our research has given us the name of this vile magic-user. '

You say, 'what vile magic-user?'

Elder Animist Dumul says 'His name is Draz Nurakk. It appears that he has learned the ways of the Khati Sha to the point of mastery. His magic and will seem to defy even the darkest secular beliefs of his people. We harbor no ill will toward the Iksar, but this individual must be stopped. This leads us to your mission. '

You say, 'what mission'

Elder Animist Dumul says 'We need you to meet our scouts and assist them in releasing the spirits that have already been affected by this magic. None of the scouts have reported in for some time, so you will need to find them. Once you find them, show them the seal that I gave you. They will help you to release the spirits and capture the totems. Please have the scouts help you to place the totems in the case that I gave you. If you lose the seal or damage it in combat, please return to me for another. Good luck, [your name]. You must succeed if we are to maintain the balance of the spiritual realm. '

Step two: Helping the Six Scouts

The scouts appear to spawn about 36 hours after a patch, or about three days after their previous spawn. When you hand in a Totem looted from the Spirit you just had slain, the scout will despawn right away after handing you the Wrapped Totem.

Scout Locations:

Permafrost - Scout Janomin (by Entrance/ladder, behind some rocks)

Lesser Faydark - Scout Rahjiq (187, -1885)

Feerrott - Scout ??? (374, -2439)

Swamp of No Hope. - Scout Eyru (-3614, 2345)

Stonebrunt Mountains - Scout Malom (3650, -3530)

Emerald Jungle - Scout Vyrak (237, 4212)

Permafrost - Scout Janomin; Icebound Spirit = Spirit of Zehkes (the Great Storm) (by Entrance/ladder, behind some rocks)

After handing in the Seal:

Scout Janomin says 'It is a comfort to meet you, [your name]. I was afraid that you might not be able to track me with weather out there being what it is. I must admit that my fondness of the snow is at an all time low right now. The sooner you release the spirit that resides in here, the sooner we can make a way back to a warmer climate. '

Scout Janomin says 'The spirit that you seek is deep within these halls. I tracked it into this lair more than a week ago. The spirit has taken up residence with the other bears in the lower chambers during that time. It should be relatively easy for your and your people to reach. Once you release the spirit, please return the totem to me. I will prepare it for the journey to Shar Vahl. May stealth and good fortune move with you. '

A large creature growls from deep within its icy lair.

A large Icebear spawns in the Pits inside Permafrost, named "Icebound Spirit". He is level 55, has high Cold Resistance, but low Fire Resistance. He is immune to Slow spells, and will flurry. He hits for 225 damage maximum. Has a lot of hitpoints.

After turning in the Totem:

Scout Jaromin says 'Perfect work, [your name]! I am glad the Elders made such a wise choice in sending you. I must admit, I was rather scared during the exploration of these halls. This lair is quite foul, quite foul indeed! Take this wrapped totem and place it in the case that you were given. Once you have all of the totems, seal the case and make your way back to Shar Vahl. I work my way back as well. Thank you again.

Lesser Faydark - Scout Rahjiq; Spirit of Malevolence = Spirit of Khaliz (the Mistrunner) (187, -1885)

After handing in the Seal:

Scout Rahjiq says 'Keep your head down, mate! The spirit that you have come for is very close. I have spotted it several times today. It keeps appearing near that odd structure just over the hill. Be careful not to attract the attention of those invisible creatures that roam near the structure. Just release the spirit and return the totem to me. I'll prepare the totem for placement in the container that you were given.

The air before the large monolith grows solid, as misty tendrils wrap together in the shape of a large wolf.

The Spirit is a gigantic white wolf which spawns just east of the Shadowmen Altar. Not particularly hard to kill; has a lot of HP but only hits for maximum 225. However he procs a blindness spell which is AOE.

After killing it:

Khaliz the Mistrunner appears in the misty corpse of the fallen spirit. The mist that makes up its shape then begins to dissipate.

After handing in the Totem to the Scout:

Scout Rahjiq wraps the totem and returns it with the seal you gave him and says, 'That spirit was very powerful. I'm glad that you were able to release it. Please keep this totem safe until you can return to Shar Vahl. Once you collect all of the totems, seal the box and return it to your master. May the spirits watch over you!

Feerrott - Scout ???; Spirit of Decay = Spirit of Yekan (the Weaver) (374, -2439)

In Feerrott, the scout is just east of the druid rings. When you hand him the Seal, a gigantic yellow spider called The Spirit of Decay spawns nearby. The spider is more or less the same difficulty as the wolf, except that the spider casts an AOE snare DoT. He is immune to Slow spells and casts an AOE Snare spell, which also adds 9 Poison Counters for a DoT (Poisoned Web) that does 100 damage per tick. No information on the duration of the DoT.

Swamp of No Hope - Scout Eyru; Spirit of Sorrow = Spirit of Herikol (the Lurker) (-3614, 2345)

You say, 'Hail, Scout Eyru'

Scout Eyru says 'It is a pleasure to meet you, but I do not have time to speak. I am waiting on official word from Shar Vahl. If you have been sent to assist me, please show me the Official Seal of the Khati Sha at this time. If you are not such a person, please carry on with your business and leave me to tend to mine. '

Hand in the official seal of the khati sha to Scout Eyru....

Scout Eyru says 'It is a relief to see you. I was beginning to fear that no one would be able to find me in this miserable swamp. I wanted to get word back to Shar Vahl about my location, but I was afraid that I would lose the trail off this spirit if I were to break off my pursuit. This location is as strange of a destination for our spirit as it is dangerous. I have seen the spirit several times and it is very out of place here. I can't help but think that the transformation has left the spirit confused beyond all repair. '

Scout Eyru says 'If you move towards the large body of water just north of here, you should be able to find a vantage point that will allow you to see it. The spirit has been resting under the surface of the water there for several days now. Once you release the spirit, please return to me with the totem that binds it. I will prepare the totem, so that you may return it to Shar Vahl. '

A giant reptile roars, as it sinks below the surface of the pond. It appears that it senses your approach.

The Spirit of Sorrow is an alligator, who spawns underwater as a static spawn and is level 55. He can cast an AoE Stun spell with Whirling component (Death Roll) which is magic-based. He summons and melees for 225 damage maximum. He is immune to Slow spells. Despite his appearance in the water, you can only hit him from above the water. He is immune to Slow spells.

Once the Spirit of Sorrow dies...

Herikol the Lurker sits motionless for a moment, as if pondering its location. Its form turns to water and slowly begins to melt away.

Upon giving the looted alligator totem to the scout...

Scout Eyru says 'Splendid job, [your name]! This wrapping should help to shield you from any of the negative properties that may be manifested in the totem. You should be fine if you keep it in the box that you were given. Once you collect all of the totems, please seal the box and return it to Shar Vahl. Be careful to protect the totems during the course of your travels. The balance of power in several realms is reliant on your ability to fulfill this mission. Please do not fail us.'

Stonebrunt Mountains - Scout Malom; Spirit of Torment = Spirit of Sharik (the Watcher) (3650, -3530)

After handing the Seal to Scout Malon:

Scout Malom says 'Thank you for coming. I am surprised that you were able to find me. I barely know where I am at this point. I followed the vile beast that has been corrupting the spirits, but he eluded me after I followed him to that ridge up there. Fortunately, the spirit that you seek has remained at the site of its transformation. Use levitation to work your way up the falls and return to me with the totem that you will acquire from releasing the spirit. '

Something glows brightly from high above the falls.

The Spirit is a large blue Whisp, which spawns above the waterfall. It hits for 225 max, and procs a stun spell, for a stun of about 10 to 15 seconds. It's immune to Slow spells.

After killing it:

Sharik the Watcher says 'Your efforts are most brave. The realm of spirits is in constant danger these days. Mortals are tampering with the balance more and more often. Learn from these battles and make note of the importance of balance. The task that you complete this day may mock you in the days to come if you do not heed its lesson. Take care, my friend. '

After handing the Totem to the Scout:

Scout Malom says 'Great work, friend. Take this totem and place it in the case that you were given in Shar Vahl. Do not unwrap the totem and be quick in your pursuit of the others. Once you have all of the totems, please seal the case and return it to Shar Vahl. I can only hope that you will get to all of the spirits in time. Take care, friend.

Emerald Jungle - Scout Vyrak; Spirit of Rage = Spirit of Omakin (the Stalker) (237, 4212)

Be warned, when you hand in your Seal, it appears that a creature spawns that will make a straight run for the Scout in an attempt to kill it. It's called 'A Totem Fiendling" or something similar.

After the Spirit of Rage has been killed:

Omakin the Stalker looks at you with a kind expression. The large creature smiles at you and motions for you to move away. Perhaps it senses that you have more adventure ahead of you. Its form begins to loosen, as if it were a mirage produced by the jungle heat. '

When handing the Totem to the Scout:

Scout Vyrak says 'Excellent work, [your name]! Judging by the speed with which it altered that spirit, this totem must be extremely powerful. I've wrapped it, so you should be safe from its magic. Just be sure to keep it in the case. Once you have all of the totems, seal the case and make your way back to Shar Vahl. They will be waiting for you there. I'll continue to look for the person that perpetrated this vile act. '

The Spirit of Rage is an Undead Gorilla. He hits for up to 225 max, and he casts an AOE Fear spell. He flurries and is immune to Slow spells.

Step three: Timorous Deep - Battle with Draz Nurakk

After combining the six Totems in the box that was given to this purpose the result is a Sealed Box of Totems, which is to be handed to Elder Animist Dumul.

Elder Animist Dumul says 'I have received word from several of our scouts indicating your impending arrival. We are all very pleased that you were able to release all of the spirits before any true harm could manifest itself. Your efforts have not only restored balance to the spirit realm, they seem to have also acted to hinder any other plans our antagonist may have had... for the time being. '

Elder Animist Dumul says 'Our Taruun scouts have discovered Draz Nurakk's location. A scout has returned from a set of islands on the Old World. The islands are in a place called Timorous. The Taruun returned while leaving a scout behind to insure that the foul Animist does not evade us any further. You will need to find the island on which our scout has set up camp. The island has a great statue on it. Hopefully, he will still be in that location. Show him this seal and he will know that I sent you to assist. '

Elder Animist Dumul hands you the Seal of Elder Dumul at this point. Head out to Timorous Deep and look up Scout Sihmoj. Hand him the Seal.

Scout Sihmoj says 'Good to see you, now keep your head down friend. He may look out here at any moment, though he's been asleep most of the day. He's been staying in a ruined building on that island over there. I'm sure you can see it from here. You should be able to surprise him with little trouble. Just take care to avoid any traps he may have set. He's proven to be a very capable magic-user. '

Scout Sihmoj says 'When you finish with him, please bring any evidence of his being dispatched back to me in this bag. I'll direct you from there. Good luck... I'll watch from here. '

Green-con Draz Nurakk spawns in the small ruin on the opposite isle. When killed he will drop nothing. But when killed, this happens:

Draz Nurakk's corpse explodes into thousands of brilliant glass fragments! '

On his death 6 Iksars named "Draz Nurakk's Image" spawn. Five of them are level 53 and can be slowed. The sixth one is level 55 and can't be slowed. Each of these images drop "Shards of Broken Glass" which you combine in the pouch given by the scout. Five of the Iksar are below level 55 and hence have a decay timer of 8 minutes on them. They hit for around 150-200 each.

Combine the six Shards in the bag and hand over the bag to the Scout.

Scout Sihmoj says 'I knew that this creature had power, but how do you explain this? That fight was well beyond my comprehension. I'm not sure what to do other than have you return the bag to Elder Dumul. I'm sure that he will know what to do next. Take care and be swift. '

Return to Elder Animist Dumul and hand him the bag.

Elder Animist Dumul says 'My fears were well founded, and I am glad that I have had people that are able to understand those fears. Please do not think that I have intentionally placed you in the path of harm, but I did have my suspicions about our adversary's strength. I am not surprised that he was able to deceive us in this manner. I thank the spirits that you were able to evade harm in your completion of this task. '

Elder Animist Dumul says 'Take this note to Arms Historian Qua. He has been researching a means of circumventing any protective magic that Draz Nurakk may have in place. When you meet him next, you will be well equipped to complete the restoration of balance to the spirit realm. Make your way to Qua and do as he says. '

You say, 'Hail, Arms Historian Qua'

Arms Historian Qua says 'Hail citizen, may I help you find a book or are you looking for assistance with something else? '

Hand him the Note you received from Dumul.

Arms Historian Qua says 'It is a pleasure to meet you, [your name]. The Animists mentioned that someone would be by, but for me not to wait, so I sent the information that they requested to Weapons Master Rahoul. He is having a master smith finish the blades. '

Arms Historian Qua says 'Take him this receipt and I'm sure that he'll get you the weapons as soon as possible. Take care, [your name]. It appears that a lot of people are relying on you in this matter. You may be the only person that can do this. '

You say, 'Hail, Weapons Master Rahoul'

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'Hail friend, are you a new recruit or have you been at it for a bit? '

Hand him the Receipt you received from the Arms Historian.

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'You are just the time. The weapon that Elder Dumul requested has almost been completed. We need you to gather a few items in order to complete the weapon. These items will not require much effort to acquire, but I will need to tell you where to look. Place all of the items that I request in this box and return it to me as quickly as possible. '

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'Now, seek out a large chunk of perfect acrylia ore, two Gems of the Void, and chunk of dense fungal padding. Once I have those items, I can finish the weapon that you will need to use to kill the dark animist.'

You say, 'Tell me where to find a large chunk of perfect acrylia ore?'

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'The ore that I require is often used to create living rock formations. These collections of rocks and boulders will often leave a trail of energy that causes other rocks to collect and come to life. Our scouts have seen these formations in a variety of areas. Take care when you attempt to gather this ore.'

Note: At least one reported area is in The Grey.

You say, 'Tell me where to find Gems of the Void?'

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'If you look in the Maiden's Eye, you will find entities that are the embodiment of darkness. Their twisted spirits are not allowed to escape the form that they inhabit. They have no hope of escape, unless they are released during the destruction of their material form. There are some occasions when the power that is used to keep them in this realm will turn upon itself during this period of destruction. This process is what produces the Gems of the Void. '

You say, 'Tell me where to find a chunk of dense fungal padding?'

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'When traversing the Deep, you will run across a shrieking fungus. Those creatures are much more durable and dangerous than the other fungi that you may encounter in the caverns of Luclin. It is for this reason that we use their flesh as padding. Take care when hunting them, for they will provide a good challenge.'

After gathering these components, combine them in the box he gave you and hand it in to the Weapon Master.

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'These claws should work well for you. The design was research by Historian Qua. They should work to neutralize the magical field that protects the dark animist and allow you to tear his scaly flesh from his frame. Remember that all of this is theoretical. Those claws are an original creation. You will be the first to prove their effectiveness in combat. '

Weapons Master Rahoul says 'Take the claws back to Animist Dumul and show him their design. Use them well, [your name]. May the spirits guide you in your attack. '

Note that he gave you two Claws, not one. Hand them both to Elder Animist Dumul.

Elder Animist Dumul says 'These claws are exquisite. I can see that a great deal of thought went into their design. Now it is your turn to demonstrate your proficiency in your chosen role. You have a great challenge ahead of you, for we have determined that only these claws will work to harm this dark animist, this corrupter of spirits. You will need the support of your people; but in the end, only the strength of your will can save us. '

Elder Animist Dumul says 'Our scouts have tracked Draz Nurakk to an abandoned village in the Fungus Grove. We learned of his intent to track you down. I take it that he did not appreciate your willingness to assist us. He knows who you are, so it will be best for us to get him before he can conjure up any more surprises. Find Scout Halmia in the Grove and give her this seal. Then bring the evidence of his destruction to me when you are done. Place his head, the seal, and those claws in this box and return it to me. '

He hands you the Seal of War and a box at this point, along with the two Claws you gave him moments before.

Step four: Beastlord versus the Dark Animist Draz Nurakk - Epic Conclusion

Head over to Fungus Grove and hand Scout Halmia the Seal.

Scout Halmia says 'I thank the spirits that you have arrived. I would not have been able to stop the dark animist if he were to attempt to leave. He has made camp in an empty set of huts. He has moved from hut to hut, but made no attempt to leave the area. I would be wary of traps if I were you. I must admit that I was afraid. That is why I moved to this location. He should still be there though. '

This will cause Draz Nurakk to spawn in one of the empty huts near the Caller Quest NPCs. He is level 53, hitting for up to 150 damage. He can only be hit by spells and the Claws you have obtained in the course of this quest. Kill him and loot his head. Put it in the box together with the Claws and the Seal, and combine it. Return the result to Elder Animist Dumul to receive your Epic.

Elder Animist Dumul opens the container and looks at its contents and says, '[your name], you have saved the balance of the spirit realm. Your selflessness has made an impression that will last well beyond the effects of your recent deeds. The inhabitants of this realm are all in your debt. Your efforts to restore balance in the material realm have been worth more than we can reward you for.' '

Elder Animist Dumul shouts 'Citizens of Shar Vahl, please take the time to acknowledge the efforts of a true champion and hero to our people. [your name] has worked valiantly with great personal risk, to restore balance to our realm. We, the Khati Sha of Shar Vahl, feel that only a spirit as strong as [your name]'s can be entrusted with the Claws of the Savage Spirit. Please take this time to give [your name] your thanks and respect.'

The Beastlord Epic rewards consists of a pair of Claws:

Claw of the Savage Spirit

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP

Slot: PRIMARY

Skill: H2H, Atk Delay: 22

DMG: 13

STR: +5, WIS: +15, AGI: +10 HP: +50

Sv Fire: +5, Sv Cold: +5

Sv Magic: +10, Sv Poison: +5

Effect: Sha's Vengeance (combat) 1

WT: 0.3, Size: ???

Class: BST

Race: All

Claw of the Savage Spirit

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP

Slot: SECONDARY

Skill: H2H, Atk Delay: 22

DMG: 13

STR: +5, DEX: +10, STA: +15, HP: +125

Sv Fire: +5, Sv Disease: +10

Sv Cold: +5, Sv Poison: +5

Effect: Fury of the Vah Shir (equiped) 2

WT: 0.4, Size: ???

Class: BST

Race: ALL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Sha's Vengeance: 55% Slow, adds 9 Disease Counters for a DoT of 460 Damage over 20 ticks.

2 Fury of the Vah Shir: ATK +30, Haste of 40%

Archived