Ah, Romance

Amahli

((Someone said that I couldn't write Amahli into a lovey dovey romance situation thing. So I tried.. This is part one))

Squaring off against the large Mountain Gron, Amahli bared feline fangs. She was sliced down one side, from shoulder to hip, and the Gron shook his axe in the air angrily. Grinning wildly, Amahli lept back at the beast, mangling him and ripping into his tough flesh. He screamed in defiance, already bleeding from several places as it was. The fight had gone on for nearly 20 minutes, and both were already losing stamina.

The Gron swung his axe at Amahli, it's flat side bashing Amahli across the jaw and sending her flying, rolling in the dirt and landing on her back in a daze. Roaring victory, the creature advanced on the druid, who was still shaking stun from her eyes. Fear flashed through Amahli as the axe descended, aimed for her skull.

WHOOSH!!

An arrow shot by the druid's ear, to embbed itself into the Gron's shoulder. A wolf's howl followed it, as well as another arrow, hitting the beast in the chest. A blur of black rushed by, launching itself from the ground and tackling the Gron, teeth flashing and jaws closing on his throat. The large mountain creature fell with a gurgle and a thud.

As soon as her head stopped ringing, Amahli shifted out of her cat form and stood up. A large black wolf sat in front of her, tail wagging in a friendly manner. The druid looked behind her and saw a large male tauren, as black as the wolf, with a huge bow in hand. He chuckled as he approached. "Good thing I came around when I did." His voice was a low rumble of amusement.

Amahli drew herself up - not like it helped, since she was still a full head shorter than he was. "Ah woulda been fine, y'know," she told the stranger with a glare, placing a hand on her hip, not quite sure why she was so offended that this tall, dark stranger had saved her. The motion made her wince. She pulled out a bandage from her bag and started wrapping her injured parts.

"You badly hurt? Tarka here," he motioned to the wolf, "heard something over here, so we came. You can call me Tabe." He smiled and offered a hand in greeting.

She looked at his hand, then back up at his face. Who did this hunter think he was? Pursing her lips, she told him, "Ah'd really rather not. Asides, ah really had everything under control."

With a cocky grin, he said, "Mm, I'm sure you did, kitten. What was yer plan? To fend him off with cuteness?"

Eyes wide, Amahli's jaw dropped. "Juss who d'you think ya are?! Ah'll have ya know, ah could take somethin' more'n twice its size, without even breakin' a sweat!" She crossed her arms. Honestly! she thought to herself. KITTEN?! Ah should tear him apart!

Tabe chuckled, unstringing and shouldering his large bow fluidly. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Unphased by her anger, he saluted with one hand and whistled for his wolf. "Hopefully we'll cross each other again sometime. Farewell, kitten."

Glowering after him, Amahli growled under her breath. "He'd best hope not.."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...