A Tale of Destiny

Cristoba

It was often you would see him on Elder Rise in Thunder Bluff. He was a young druid searching for answers to many questions. He spent a lot of time on the rise with Turak Runetotem learning the ways of the earthmother. His whole life spent searching for the truths of this world. He is a modest Tauren though large in stature and able in battle. Many of those whom he has encountered never heard him speak. Most often a simple nod is all that recognizes you are seen.

It seemed to be an early spring in Mulgore and the green grasses waved in the wind. Cristoba lifted his nose to the air and took in the glorious air of his beloved home. He knew that he was leaving on a long arduous journey come the new moon. He had been searching for so long for his calling in this world and till now had felt lost. It was only yesterday he received what a vision of his destiny.

He had been talking the ways of the earthmother with his mentor Turak the previous day. Asking of his friend, “What is my purpose…what is my way?” To which Turak had no true answers only the response he had always gotten, “Follow the earthmother.” He left the company of his friend to head to sleep. He had troubles with sleep that night. As the fire faded out beside him he grew more restless in sleep. He awoke to what he believed was a dream. There was a spirit beside him sitting upon his bed.

Startled he sat up quickly with his back pushed against the wall. He quickly asks, “Who are you, what do you want?” The spirit replies softly, “I have been sent by the earthmother to guide you to your destiny. You will be called to action with the new moon, you must answer that call.” As quickly as the spirit appeared, it was gone. Cristoba yells into the dark night air, “What does that mean, where do I go?” There was no answer.

In the morning Cristoba heads to see his friend Turak. “It came to me…my destiny…It came to me,” he told Turak. “How” asked Turak. “A spirit came to visit me in my sleep, I am to go to battle before the new moon,” Cristoba replied. “You know the new moon comes tomorrow…don’t you. Where will you be going?” Turak asked. Cristoba scratches his ear and with a completely confused look on his face replies, “I don’t know.”

With still no sign of what he is to do, or where he is to go the young druid rests his head for the night. His night is once again restless. In his dreams he sees the silhouettes of two large Tauren in battle in the company of an Ogre and an Orc. He awakes many times, but thinks nothing of these dreams.

As the golden sun rises of the Red Rocks and shines on Thunder Bluff the eager young Tauren awakes. He hurries his gear together readying himself for the trip that shall begin today.

He has all of his things together and is ready to go, but he still doesn’t know where he is to go. He strolls across the bluff to the bank to store the rest of his belongings during his time away from home. On his way out of the bank he checks the mailbox for one last time before he leaves. There is one letter for him on the back of what looks to be an old tavern menu. “We need you Brother,” was scribed on the back. He could barely read it, as it looked like it was scribed in a drunken frenzy.

Cristoba sighs and ponders the meaning of this letter. “What am I to do with this?” he asks himself. As he folds it to put it in his pack he notices the name of the tavern on the menu, Steel Fist Tavern. “This is where I shall go,” he cries out. He runs to the stable to retrieve his kodo for it is time to leave on his journey.

It is a long journey across the plains of Mulgore and over the wretched lands in the Barrens till he makes his first camp at the Crossroads. From there he will travel to Orgrimmar where the Steel Fist Tavern was located. The journey will take days, but the druid is well prepared.

Upon his arrival in Orgrimmar he stops to listen to the sounds of the war drums thumping in the thick air. He does not know who he is to meet, but he is eager to fulfill his destiny. As he walks the streets of Orgrimmar he notices the battle worn Horde soldiers that have come from all over the lands to battle foes of Thrall. He wonders in amazement until he looks up to read the sign, “Steel Fist Tavern.”