For All Those Shaman with Aggro issues...

Baracko

I dont know about you other shaman, but I have been stealing aggro left and right, even in boss fights. Many of the old aggro gain abilities for tanks have been inconsistently working or being overpowered by crits generated by WF. :yub:

As many of you know, I previously used daggers for DW, but switched to axes to increase total dps. After grabbing The Stalker's Fangs from the Underbog last weekend, I tried using that with my old tried and true Fang of the Faceless against bosses last night in Underbog again. It worked great! Averages dps is still very good, but the daggers do not generate nearly the level of crits that steal aggro from our warrior and druid friends that axes do.

Moral of the story: Save one or two of the multitude of daggers you get from quests and use them in boss fights. Stealing aggro isnt much of an issue on trash, but your tanks and healers will thank you come boss time.

- Your Shaman Warmonger

wouldent tranquil air totem have the same effect in a way. by giving 20% less agro to the party. so when a warrior dose his thing and gets the agrro wouldent every one get 20% and never get were the warrior was in the agro?:angry:. could this possibly work?

Another thing that I garnered through Crikrunner the other day is the use of Flametongue.

Pro: More even proccing, which limits the massive crits and lessons chance for aggro.

Con: Average DPS does go down.

If you have a good healer in the group or are looking to push quickly with high group DPS, then do your thing with some minimal caution. If you are healer-light, under-leveled, or looking to maintain strict control when pulling groups, I would advise against WF.

One more tip... don't try to pull for the group. You.... will.... die....

Its going to be interesting to see where we fit in as other classes DPS seems to be diminshing in strength.

Edited by Baracko

... what amahli said... sure it's cute to be top of the damage charts... but let's not forget that those who emerge in the end are the ones still alive... not the ones with the biggest epeens... ;P

i dont mean to gripe, and this isn't necessarily directed at anyone in our guild, but the fights in these dungeons are getting increasingly trickier, in that they are far from your usual tank and spank DPS the hell out of everything fight... if we're going to have any chance in the 25 mans, and places like kharazan and beyond, we're going to have to seriously step up and forget nearly everything we've been used to in MC, ZG, etc...

/end of gripe

I think that as time goes on, we are going to learn how to control it better. I must admit, its an odd feeling being the center of the healer's attention. Before, we often didnt do enough damage to steal aggro from warriors, rogues, or mages, so we never got healing except from ourselves.

The real test will be at 70, when there is less of a level disparity in the dungeons. It will be more balanced between the group members, and we'll really be able to see where we can push and where we cannot.

Furthermore, I think that those looking to be effective will adapt themselves to best suit the group, as was almost always the case with our raids before. And, as before, those who are unable to adapt or refuse to change will not be primary members.