Argent Dawn Server Split?

Maube

Whos been tellin you them lies? I pity the foo... :(

Honestly, that is the plan for several RP networks. (AD-RP, AC, etc) This is just a general plan to follow in the event it should happen and there isnt enough time for our friends to communicate before Blizz makes guilds choose.

Not sure what you mean Molox. I believe the RPers (of all degrees) are the minority on AD at this time. I think the option we choose will hopefully be the least populated one. Im crossing my fingers AND toes.

The B option? You mean transferring out of AD?

I don't want to leave any friends behind. But of course I'd follow my family anywhere.

Edited by Amahli

Okay. The Server Splits.

We are given a choice of Realm A and a choice of Realm B

We take Realm B - Second choice we are offered.

I'd be missing a lot of friends as well - as I do have friends in the raiding guilds - however - I would rather hang out with the RPers then the raiders. The Queues are getting up past 600 again - and before long it will be 1k Qs again.

What they SHOULD do is just split the alliance - honestly the only ones I see moving em masse with the free transfers are the Horde... and we are already outnumbered. And I will not count the blood elf Britney plague as 'evening' the field

I will be dissapointed with any split, as AD is my home and there are so many people outside the guild that I would hate to lose contact with.

Lately, I havent noticed the queue's. Im not sure if Im just logging on at the right times or what. The lag is definitely rough, though. ???

Either way, if we can keep the family together, then we are doing the best we can. Hopefully, we will be able to transfer to a server with a little more balance and a good time slot. Frankly, the idea of moving to a PST server like they are offering just isnt appealing. :(

Its unfortunate that it has to come to this. Thanks for the update, Maube!

Moving to a PST server would be stupid for a split... what I think they mean by split - is the server of Origin would be cut copied and pasted into two realms.

So it wouldnt be a 'new' server but rather a copy of Argent Dawn - ie not havcing to reopen the gates of AQ

But what do I know

I prefer the RPers too. Although I consider myself a raider too. I suppose it depends on how you define 'raider'. If you define it like "raiding 7 days a week" then I am not that. I prefer a balance and I absolutely do not want to go past midnight, unless it's a friday or sat night, then it's not a problem.

I'll go with the guild.

Rel

Meh, I don't care where we end up. As long as I am with CS, I'll be happy.

I'm with Uggy on this. Time will tell what happens, though, and who knows when they'll be implementing anything like this.

I've noticed quite a bit of discussion recently surrounding a server split, including some rather strong opinions on what we should do regarding transfer options and the like. I'm personally for a "wait and see" stance...quite a few guilds are feeling the pinch of queues and lag (including the Alliance which, if felt in proportion to server population ratios, they're really hurting from it). Who knows what some of the other parties may choose to do prior to Blizzard making any decisions...

Even if they offer yet another transfer.. I'm voting we stay til if/when the time comes they force a split. I'd rather go to a copied version of AD than a brand new server. I'm sure almost everyone else feels the same, just stating. Happy Birthday!

What server time is Earthen Ring on?

I dont know what ill do myself, im not a rper ><

And besides, you have other, better Warlocks ^^

edit: Rpve servers to me mean no ganking, griefing, cgf farmer/gankers and no totally rediculous names and actions.

A Split... would hae a better chance of all of us sticking together rather then a transfer which people hem and haw over and have a very limited window of oppertunity.

Waiting until we are forced is what dah Chief is motioning for.

so when the server splits we take B right?

this is so confusing lol. if it dose would it be poss for a others to make new toons on the B server or will all toon creations be viod?

also just wondering when would be the server split???

im so confused!?!?!?

Drysc in the General Forum:

We're not currently in the planning stages for splitting any realms, nor are any specific realms on any sort of "list" of possible candidates. If and/or when we decide to move ahead with a realm split procedure we will be giving prior notice.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...07339&sid=1

I think the last someone counted - 86 Horde left...(that was the guilds and friends of folks that was tally'd)) I know some alliance left - but not the mass exodus that was Horde... sad that we are now even MORE imbalanced then before... and people are still allowed to come to the server.

Blizzard keeps the server unlocked for new character creations due to server usage reasons. For instance, when I place a requisition for a new server, I am required to make a justification.

At 5 a.m. in the morning, the server usage is way way down. I am not sure how they determine server usage, but I do know they should be base it on peek times, not overall useage.

Rel

in other words... this is going to get bad again (population and Q time again) so we shouldnt think ourselves completely out of the woods for a Split... just not as immediate as we were thinking.

((of course consensus was among most of the horde guilds to move to the second option to try and get a Horde population upupup)0

• 2 weeks later...