Star Trek Legacy

Martok

For all of you that have talked about buying this game....

I give it, two thumbs down. >:L:angry:

The ship graphics are decent at best. Damaged ship graphics are really pretty poor.

The interface is absolutely atrocious. Navigating a ship is fairly easy, but opening up the "options" menu is a real pain. Sometimes you can get something targeted correctly, other times you have to fight with your keyboard to get it done.

The game's campaign mode starts out in the early era of "Enterprise" while you command Captain Archer's ship. As you complete missions you gain more "prestige" and are able to purchase more ships to add to your fleet, having a maximum of 4. After say, 4 missions you move onto the Captain Kirk era...then onto Picard.

I didn't really play this game too much, but was able to complete the ENTIRE game in 2 days. The missions were very short and easy. I had the gameplay difficulty set to "captain" which is regular. Completing a game in 2 days? Can you say LACK OF VISION?!?!?!

The absolute worst mission ever made is one in where you have to protect a few planets by blowing up asteroids and use your tractor beams to move turrents into orbit around a planet. That was what I bought a Star Trek game for, to blow up asteroids and use my tractor beams.

There are Klingon, Romulan, and Borg enemies throughout the game. Sadly, I had thought that there were multiple campaigns...and that when I finished the Federation campaign it would move onto the other races...WRONG!

I was very disapointed in the fact that when you reach the Enterprise-D era, you get maybe 1 or 2 missions with that ship, then you quickly move onto the Soverign class Enterprise.

Overall, this game was HORRIBLE. I am glad I only paid ten bucks for it with my Best Buy coupon. I damn sure would not have paid full price for it. I reccomend ST Legacy for the Coaster of the year award.

lepc_03B.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...