For the Star war fans

Oriahtundra

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=1&pageNo=1

Good stuff one of my favorites.

"Sir! A druid just dropped out of flight form above us!"

"Intensify forward firepower. I don't want anything to get through."

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7813/lostour2tz3.jpg

Edited by Oriahtundra

So what happened with SWG? I heard it was great and then some big changes that disappointed many people.

I played it for one day btw, I thought it was silly that it took many blaster shots to kill one creature. It was too reminiscient of Everquest.

Rel

One word.......SONY.

SWG was great for gamers with half a brain, but problem was they recieved so many complaints about how hard the talent trees were....why is there too many choices.....So they fixed that. They dumbed it down too 9 classes and dropped it in the childs Software department. RiP SWG. Heres hoping Sony gets theirs in the long run. *hangs up LS and Paddy robes*

One word.......SONY.

SWG was great for gamers with half a brain, but problem was they recieved so many complaints about how hard the talent trees were....why is there too many choices.....So they fixed that. They dumbed it down too 9 classes and dropped it in the childs Software department. RiP SWG. Heres hoping Sony gets theirs in the long run. *hangs up LS and Paddy robes*

Yup, I hung up my hawtpants (on the dancers) and old-school Knight robes and saber collection....I don't so much miss the game as much as I miss the creative and good people who used such a wide-open setting to make it so much fun.

They took a awesome game and tried to be WoW and failed miserably.Took out some of the coolest classes made anyone can be a Jedi instead of the seriously fubar grind to get there and full temp....then gave the people that did that grind the ability to make thier toons glow blue....

Got rid of decay so killed all the crafters, only thing that survived was the space combat. Though my first MMO some of the uniqueness WoW will never replace. Droids. Custom colored armor etc etc. Plus the worlds was soo BIG

Just chiming from outside the WoW domain here since I see some old SWG players in this thread, but some of you may not know that the SWGEmu project has advanced quite far in creating a pre-cu emulator, can check out some of the videos from it here and could see beta testing within a few months hopefully as RE'ing of packets is supposed to be near complete and thereafter concentration on completion of a quality server. Seems LA/SOE have decided the project is not worth opposing so shouldn't be any problems in that area. I for one am looking forward to see the realization of what SWG could(should) have been as they are aiming for Pub 12 based design while fixing the true flaws the game had rather than "fixing" what wasn't broken as SOE liked to to, and later on should even see JTL implemented.

If they allow buffbots, may they burn in hell >:0 The one thing that ruined my playtime more than all of the things that SOE did to combat/crafting was the invention of those macros and subsequent validation of them by SOE...yes, I'm a bitter, bitter entertainer.

Edited by Waldonnis

If they allow buffbots, may they burn in hell >:0 The one thing that ruined my playtime more than all of the things that SOE did to combat/crafting was the invention of those macros and subsequent validation of them by SOE...yes, I'm a bitter, bitter entertainer.

Aww I loved the macro system, but yes it was abused much too often, sure macros are nice to alleviate the more repetitive actions but shouldn't be a replacement for actual play.

2 things. One, WHATS UP ARKAN!??!!!! Long time no see. Still slacking off?

Second thing. Before I get my hopes up, I want to see where Sony has decided that this isn't worth it. I've got a sinking feeling just as a BETA is going up, SoE will jump in and try and take it all over. So until then, my hawtpants are staying on the floor and I'm beginning preperations to shave my wookie. Toodles.

2 things. One, WHATS UP ARKAN!??!!!! Long time no see. Still slacking off?

Second thing. Before I get my hopes up, I want to see where Sony has decided that this isn't worth it. I've got a sinking feeling just as a BETA is going up, SoE will jump in and try and take it all over. So until then, my hawtpants are staying on the floor and I'm beginning preperations to shave my wookie. Toodles.

:hello:

A shaved wookie... scary scary sight I'm sure.. >:0

Edited by Jadeynn