Training is Boring

Amahli

((Ya'll are prolly already sick of me posting :())

-------------------------------------------------------

Amahli yawned and stretched her paws out before her, claws extending and scratching at the dirt beneath her. Giving her feline coat a shake, she smiled sleepily up at the male Tauren in front of her. "Do we have ta keep trainin'? Can't we juss go'n get somethin' ta drink in Orgrimmar?"

Sighing, the Tauren shook his head. "'Mahli, if we don't train, we won't stay in shape. We need to keep strong."

Rolling over onto her back and batting at the air with her paws, she responded, "M'already strong enough, Moon. An' fast. Folks's comin' ta hit me won't even be able ta catch me." She grinned.

Mooncrush, a long time friend of Amahli's, reached out and prodded her with his staff, and tried not to smile when she simply rolled over. "Folks are going to just come up and smack you if you're just laying about all day."

She rolled all of the way over onto her feet and shifted out of the cat form, straightening out her hair - it always seemed to get mussed when she shifted! "Yer all 'train train train', ain't ya? From th'day we passed our final test it's all ya wanna do." Amahli wrinkled up her nose at him. "Bet ya ain't even looked at a girl since yer early days."

"There's.. I.. That's not the point!" he said. "Training is a lot more important than any of the dalliances I'm sure you've been taking advantage of."

With mock-indignation, Amahli replied taking a seat on a large rock nearby, "Ya think s'little of me? Why, I'm but as innocent as th'day ah was calved!" At his eye roll, she snickered. "An' what of it? Can't be all war'n'battle, y'know. Gotta have some fun here an' there."

The male Tauren set his staff down and joined her in sitting. He looked at her. "I don't know how you do it."

She looked up from following an ant across the rock. "Hm? Do what?"

"How you can just.. go about life with such a sunny outlook."

Amahli's eyes shadowed momentarily, but she quickly broke it with a shake of her head, offering a more understanding smile. "Naw, it ain't all like that. Ah've seen mah share of badness." She brought her legs up on the rock to sit cross-legged, then continued, "But y'see, ya gotta know it ain't all gonna be like that. Shore, there's some bad times, but how ya gonna look at it? Like it's never gonna end? That right there's just plain ole dumbness."

Mooncrush looked slightly confused. "But it is bad. So you say just to pretend it's good?"

She shook her head and tried to think of a way to rephrase it. "What ah'm tryin' ta say, I guess, is ya gotta see the good in it. If yer out fightin' for the War Chief, instead of thinkin' how turrible the conditions be, juss think of the good yer doin'." She smiled at him. "Yer helpin the youngin's to live another season. Keepin' the enemy at bay cause it's not only what ya gotta do, but what ya should do."

The other druid nodded. "I think I see what you're saying. To fight for someone else, right?"

Amahli grinned and patted his arm. "There ya go, y'got it. If ya fight for yaself, it's ta yaself goes the consequences. Fightin' fer ya comrades an' the littles who're countin' on ya gives ya more ta lose. Makes ya fight better, Ah'd say."

Mooncrush leaned back a bit, and seemed lost in his own thoughts. Amahli fidgeted a bit with her kilt, and got out some Runecloth to make a few bandages. They sat in that relative silence for a few minutes before he broke it. "So why not train harder?"

Ready for the question, Amahli smiled and told him, "It's not th'trainin'. Ya kin train all ya want, but if you become so focused on that an' only that, y'start to miss out on everything else. Focus too much on one thing, an' that's all you'll see: the fightin'."

He chuckled. "I suppose you have a point there. I've already missed a couple meals because of it." He scratched his head. "So maybe we have trained enough for today. What do you want to do for the rest of the evening?"

With a glint of mischeif in her eye, Amahli told him, "Ah say we get a few drinks in Orgrimmar an' see where that takes us."

Without waiting for a reply, she shifted quickly into the spotted cat best suited for travel, and left Mooncrush surprised and scrambling to catch up. As he did so, he muttered to himself, "Does she do anything at less than a run?"

Edited by Amahli