Thunderfury

Relikk

We had a very good night last night. Besides the loot, we brought out the A-Team and I was most impressed with the amount of Flawless Victories we had (no deaths during a boss encounters). We had a near perfect fight against Barron Geddon, until Maube went and let us all down and died. She is such a party pooper! (*hugs Maube*).

The healing was amazing. Keep up the good work everyone.

As you all know, Garr dropped the final piece I needed for Thunderfury. I have all three pieces, and now only need to obtain the materials to complete this quest. It really is a legendary quest. http://www.thottbot.com/?i=40513

The requirements are 100 arcanite bars, and thanks to big donations by Smedlock and Vyss, plus my own stash, I have 30 arcanite bars. Also needed are 10 Elementium Ores, obtained in BWL and which are common drops.

The quest popped up when I received the binding last night;

Elementium Bar: 0/10

Bindings of the Windseeker: 1/1

Essence of the Firelord: 1/1

To make an Elementium Bar:

1 Elementium Ore

3 Elemental Flux (obtained at blacksmith shops)

1 Fiery Core

10 Arcanite Bars

No words can express my gratitude for the items I have recieved thus far. I hope I can continue to serve you all and through cooperation and support of each other, we can celebrate future victories. Thanks again!

Relikk

Warmonger of Clan Skullcrusher

*Edited for Updates* People who donated and transmuted have been noted in my logbook.

Oct 13th: 24 arcanite bars and 5 arcane crystals. 29 total.

Oct 16th: 31 arcanite bars and 6 arcane crystals. 37 total.

Oct 18th: 55 arcanite bars and 6 arcane crystals. 61 total.

Oct 19th: 84 arcanite bars and 5 arcane crystals. 89 total.

Oct 20th: 91 arcanite bars and 17 arcane crystals. 108 total.

Once I have finished transmutting the remaining crystals into arcanite bars, I will begin purchasing the elemental flux.

Oct 20th:

91/100 Arcanite Bars

0/30 Elemental Flux (best price I could find is Silithus blacksmith vendor for 13.5 gold)

0/10 Fiery Core

0/10 Elementium Ore

Oct 23rd:

100/100 Arcanite Bars

10/30 Elemental Flux

1/10 Fiery Core

3/10 Elementium Ore

Oct 28th:

100/100 Arcanite Bars

10/30 Elemental Flux

1/10 Fiery Core

6/10 Elementium Ore

Oct 30th: *Completed*

100/100 Arcanite Bars

30/30 Elemental Flux

10/10 Fiery Core

10/10 Elementium Ore

Special Thanks to the following people:

Arcane Crystals / Arcanite Bars - Needed 100

1) Smedlock - 35 Arcanite Bars +

2) Maube - 15+ (alot)

3) Vynn - 3

4) Roh - 7

5) Kazragerg/Zurash - 8

6) Inato - 1

7) Grimgor - 3

8) Lomar - 1

9) Jarma - 1

10) Relikk - 20+

Elemental Flux - Needed 30

Gold Donations: Katak & Mogbertha

Purchaser: Kokoko & Raeda - 30

Fiery Cores: Needed 10

1) Guild Bank - 10 (and I expect to pay dkp just like everyone else!!!!)

Gold to buy the Elementium Ore (this was the hardest part, no one wanted to sell except for alliance side):

1) Marrania - 400g Loan (Loan repaid 11-30-06)

2) Rhoach - 100g Loan (Loan repaid 10-31-06)

3) Lomar - 50g gift

4) Guilosplat - 50g gift

5) * - 640g gift (the name escapes me, I will find it)

6) Relikk - about 1k

Elementium Ore:

Special thanks to Chocoa for arranging the sale of the elementium ore. Long story short, he made an agreement with an alliance player who sold the elementium ore in small chunks. At the end of the sale, his guild was disappointed as they wanted more gold for the ore. He subsequently left the guild and told us no more would be available from him. We bought it for 160g each, but transaction fees are expensive and drove the costs higher.

Special thanks for the MC raid itself, for which I am most grateful and aware that this wouldn't be possible without every single member. There are many guilds stuck with just one binding and have been waiting for over a year to get the other half. I waited 3.5 months, and then a month to obtain the mats, so I realize how fortunate I was.

I hope I didn't forget anyone here. Please send me a pm if you have any questions or comments. I will answer any questions. The final step is to head to Silithus and summon Thunderaan himself, he is located at the NW corner of the map.

10/31 An old friend - Echodiah - from way back logged on (BlackFang Brotherhood). I asked him about smelting elementium and he linked his ability to do it. I now have 10 Elementium Bars! Off to Silithus to meet Thunderaan....

Rel

Edited by Relikk

We had a very good night last night. Besides the loot, we brought out the A-Team and I was most impressed with the amount of Flawless Victories we had (no deaths during a boss encounters). We had a near perfect fight against Barron Geddon, until Maube went and let us all down and died. She is such a party pooper! (*hugs Maube*).

The healing was amazing. Keep up the good work everyone.

As you all know, Garr dropped the final piece I needed for Thunderfury. I have all three pieces, and now only need to obtain the materials to complete this quest. It really is a legendary quest. http://www.thottbot.com/?i=40513

The requirements are 100 arcanite bars, and thanks to big donations by Smedlock and Vyss, plus my own stash, I have 30 arcanite bars. Also needed are 10 Elementium Ores, obtained in BWL and which are common drops.

The quest popped up when I received the binding last night;

Elementium Bar: 0/10

Essence of the Firelord: 1/1

To make an Elementium Bar:

1 Elementium Ore

3 Elemental Flux (obtained at blacksmith shops)

1 Firey Core

10 Arcanite Bars

No words can express my gratitude for the items I have recieved thus far. I hope I can continue to serve you all and through cooperation and support of each other, we can celebrate future victories. Thanks again!

Relikk

Warmonger of Clan Skullcrusher

Well, my transmute is at your disposal, Relikk, except for the period immediately prior to Ragnaros MC, when I might need to transmute Hearts. I can't contribute much in the way of mats, my best miner isn't even up to Truesilver, but I can turn your mats into something usable.

Same with Toba's, once Zak's transmutes are done. I think he's nearing completion of his stuff, so it shouldn't be long.

Once we get to the point where we're seeing elementium ore drop, we should be far enough along to have people learn to smelt it. If not, I'll see what I can do to get into another run one night and get that taken care of.

I'm very happy to see the other binding drop and the completion of the quest item set for Relikk! I've heard horror stories from friends about how long it took them to get both to drop...we really got lucky :tease:

Lomar's alt is at your disposal for transmutes as well. If you want to send some to Lomar I'll get it transmuted for ya and send it back. Congrats!!

Update:

I farmed all weekend. Essentially, my bank is almost completely empty from selling materials farmed and disenchanted.

On Friday I had 24 arcanite bars, with 5 arcane crystals, 29 total. As of today, I have 31 arcanite bars and 6 arcane crystals. The total tally is 37.

I will be heavily farming all week in order to buy more crystals. I know donating is difficult for some (everyone has goals like epic mounts and better gear, etc.) The problem is that they aren't always available on the AH to buy, so if you want to send COD and avoid the AH wait and charges, please do so. Thanks!

Rel

Maube will buy Arcane Crystals for 20g a pop - I know this is less then you can get off the AH - but it is going for a great cause - getting a Legendary in the Guild!

Relikk I have 4 to transfer from alliance - and I managed to be lucky enough to mine 4 more this morning - will send them to Koko to be transmuted

See first post for updates, and I'll continue to update that. I will also add the name of the folks who donated and transmuted when we hit 100. We are planning a special gift for those people. Once again, thanks so much.

Rel

WTB big lord killing tommorrow night approx. 9:30 server time so we can reap the benefits of the "OMGFRICKINGRT" buff during MC Wednesday.

Wow... that was a big wish...

PST with yer price.

:D