Gone Feral

Maube

(( Just an RP story about my Alliance Druid =p Thought people might enjoy reading :yub: ))

Ischade sat on the bridge of Ironforge, watching the scurrying of all the traders. To and Fro, Auctionhouse to the bank, just a tide of activity. The Nightelf watched as peddlers strolled by, barking their wares to the public. Friends uniting, lovers parting.. a wide tapestry of life. The Druid sighed softly and let her legs dangle from the edge of the bridge. Weary eyes staring down to watch the molten rock shift beneath the chamber.

Oh Elune... the Emerald Dream called me away so long. I return and few remember me. Few of my companions remember this Druid. The gifts you have given me to keep my battlemates alive are withering. With no one to fight beside, there is no use for these talents of healing and restoration. My Sister Azukorintha is no where to be found... Rowain, Nizoral, Dhaymon... the Wyrmguard... those few that remember me.. are caught in their own lives now. I am a Druid without a purpose. I am a wolf without a pack. I am simply... Ischade.

A Paladin in full armor stomped by, brushing the nimble elf. Lost in her reverie, she slipped from the bridge and transformed midair to her catform. Landing with a soft click of her claws, Ischade looked upwards. Beneath her paws the metal was warm, the magma flow beneath was far enough down that the enchantment on the metal grate could withstand the intense heat. Growling softly, Ischade padded to the ramp leading back up.

The sudden feeling of a weight being lifted from her shoulders gave Ischade a feeling a freedom she had not experienced for many moons. With a growl, the Druid sprinted forwards, leaping over the carts and gnomes in her way. The exileration of her run was soon over as her energy was spent. Panting, Ischade returned to her elven form.

It is time to Commune with Elune... I feel my healing gifts waning like the Moon... mayhaps she has some tidbit of wisdom to share...

Whispering the words known only to Druids, Ischade called forth to the Avatar of Elune, and opened her eyes to see the serene Moonglade spread before her. The Wisps flitted around the Druid as she began her trek. The Moonwell in the Glade was special to Ischade... and often she heard the encouragements of Elune when she was troubled. But this time, silence.

Grieving Ischade called out to her Goddess, begging for some answer, some form of guidance.

Nothing.

The ache in her heart caused the Druid to cry out and wrap slim arms around her body.

Elune has turned her back on me!

With a howl of pure torment, Ischade shifted into her cheetah form and ran as fast as she could, blindly charging through the underbrush. Running until she reached the Timbermaw tunnels. Shifting to cat, Ischade then ran blindly through the tunnels. The Furbolg watched her sadly, they knew the Druid and knew something was tormenting her from the inside. Gently they nudged her the way out of their warren and Ischade burst free into the murky sunlight of Felwood.

It is said, that now in the Crater of Un'goro. Ischade wanders. Feral in mind and body. Rarely does she cast off the beastly shapes, and rarely will she speak any longer in the tongues of Elf, Dwarf human or gnome.

Maybe some day someone will save her from the torment of her own nightmares, maybe someday she will return to Elune's Healing Grace... but for now, she stalks the Jungle, Feral as any of the Beasts.