Ragnaros phase 2

greenbull

So, we did good on the first try last friday. We got him to 21%!

down is pictures and some points I would like to discuss. Maybe it's possible to work, or just a bad idea, so.

This is how the sons should be spawning. The black dots are all melee people and the ones to the left are MT and OT.

MoltenCore1.jpg

the Green dots are the sons. They don't spawn on that linear form, it's more around ragnaros, but you got the idea :p

After that, they'll move to the raged dps.

My whole suggestion it's based on tagging the sons before they can move to the collapse area.

So:

1) Sons are about to spawn, like 30 seconds, every ranged go to the designated area. Warriors go to make a 'wall' on the south part of the cave.

2) Other melee like rogues and spare warriors (not that I think that there will be any), together with hunters, 'tag' the sons. Basically, attack it so you'll be, probably, on the top of their hate list.

3) Run like hell to the 'wall' on the south.

4) Warriors get the son that it's comming his way and taunt-tank.

5) MT and OT grab 2 or 4 sons and tank it near ragnaros.They will be tha last ones to be dealt with. OT and MT have high FR and each one can, probably, take 2 sons at a time. Just need some healing to stay and keep them up.

It should end like this:

MoltenCore2.jpg

Yellow blobs: Ranged/Casters/Mana squishies

Blue dots: warriors forming a 'wall'. Even Bear form.

Green: Sons.

Black dots: MT and OT (yes, their healers are not in the picture).

The caster/mana users positions and warrior positions must be ready BEFORE the sons spawn. Was talking with my comrade Okktar last night and he suggested we take some time before the fight to train the 'collapse' movement. It is, after everybody is in position, do the 'collapse' one or 2 times before summoning rags, so everybody knows the best route and where they should end, and how much time they need to do it.

The point in 'tagging' the sons when they spawn is that way the rogues/hunters/etc can run to a defined warrior, and, if nobody shoots it before the warrior get's it, deliver it safely, without sons aggroing on the ranged and casters around.

One of the things that would be nice, but I admit that it's kinda hard to do is: Promote all warriors/bears that will be tanking the sons. Each one, when targeting 'his' son, put one of the raid symbols (star, triangle, etc) on it, so other warriors will know that one is already taken. Each warrior/bear should have his symbols chosen before the raid starts, so nobody trip over other symbols. That would take care of the 'I saw two warriors tanking the same son...' etc... It's hard, I know. But we have no time to tag all sons before they spawn. I'm searching the macro and UI forum, I know there's a macro to quickly set a Target Symbol on your selected target, but as always, the forum is not working :\

After each warrior/bear has got his target, everybody get the target screamed on TS (or targeted by the MA), and burninate.

And yes, the strat is not very different from what we are doing right now, I'm just trying to organize the ideas.

/discuss

That sounds very involved, but hell, I'm up for it!

I was thinking that maybe each tank (in the wall) could have 1-3 melee members assist off of them, and our ranged dps would all focus on the same target. This way, the sons would go down reasonably quickly without the entire raid running back and forth trying to all hit one target. This would also help to counter the confusion that happens when our MA goes down, or loses aggro from the current raid target.

Agree? Disagree?

Thats the way, except you want to try and divide it into two groups.

Move Casters outside the outer wall, north and West more. They should get 2-3 warriors to pick up their targets. Warlocks can banish if they get too many.

Melees and some healers to keep them up collapse much as you have in your diagram. Its really important to get 2-3 tanks who have 300+ fr picking them up, otherwise youre going to get rolled.

Druids can Bear if warriors go down to give you a bit more time. If you make it past the sons stage with enough dps to finish him, its fairly easy ride.

I assume you are using CTRA bossmods for him, in which case it should announce the timing.