shammy and pally debate

Depaa

From what I have been reading on the forms on the wow website is that allot of shimmies are leaving the game or switching sides because of this. To me this is one of the worst ideas. It looks like a move from SoE. :laugh:. Well if blizzard dose not mined if they loose a good quarter mill over this well that is plain stupid. I posted on the forms to correct the problem because on the forms all they do is complain about this. I agree what they say for both sides of this. But I wan the diversity. I suggested switching the 2 races. Good or bad? Change the lore of bother of me and make it work and keep it the same. Well this could turn out ok I gusset. From the look of it blizzard might make us a DPS class after all.

But there could be something bad where less space for the shimmy. Because of all the things a palely is and a shimmy inset. Like a healer and buffer for the raid. This has been the talk on the shimmy forms lately. I hope this wont happen because this is all wrong what blizzard is doing.

From what I can see blizzard if taking the cheep and quick way out of a problem. They make the 2 classes to be on both sides to fix the imbalance problem well it wont. Really they’re giving a great pip class to the alliance and making it more imbalanced. I truly pity blizzard for this. They also fixed the raid buffing problem on the horde side with palls and shimmies stay they same. But hopefully they will make shimmies more DPS and stronger. But what can u do they wont listen to the little man (horde). They look to the profit makers and see what they can do to buff them and try to over power the horde well it hasten worked yet. But now I don’t know. I had much respect with blizzard for their quality and devotion to make game that satisfy they customers. But so far what there doing to the game of Wow is make things harder and more imbalanced. I hope blizzard will make the right disition and make it a joke and take back what they are about to do.

Couple things here....

1) They have hinted that there are going to be encounters centered around Shaman and Paladins, and they have to be there for the group to succeed. That will help.

2) We have NO idea what the two classes' talent trees from 61-70 are going to look like. There is a very real possibility that Shaman are about to get a whole lot better offensively and in group buffing.

I think people are over reacting and until we see the scope of the changes, I'm holding out on judging.

My 2 copper. :laugh:

....we should make a guild rule. NO BUBBLE LOVERS. :laugh:

j/k

But!

Poonagle! having a unique class for each side was very nice.....it really did go a long way into making the factions different imo...

yes for raiding it will balance the 2 sides out....

i personaly would roll a drenai before a b'elf any day (however i'll never go back to the alliance, no worries :D ), i hope im not of the main stream concensus on that ....

my over all rating on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "bad move!" and 10 being "great idea!" i'd give this a big fat BLAH ( blah is like -234 ).

Edited by Houli

It's better than the original idea that was to give the Dranei paladins and nothing special to the BE. That would create just more of an imbalance than there already was

my over all rating on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "bad move!" and 10 being "great idea!" i'd give this a big fat BLAH ( blah is like -234 ).

i would agree with u there. bad move all around.

It's better than the original idea that was to give the Dranei paladins and nothing special to the BE. That would create just more of an imbalance than there already was

not really because teh horde have 3 races that can have shammys while on allience they only get two races that get pally. but in ways yah. they should give BE I-WIN button that would work really well. and pluse it would balence out the two sides lol

ok ... so Shammy is the only thing a BE can be? Or did I miss something? ::she who is tired of magical classes:: I was looking forward to making a BE hunter.

NVM i read the whole thing wrong - sorry!

Edited by g4m3r_g3rl

I think it shreds the lore, much like the Draenei ret-con did, but I'll still roll with it. I'll likely have a BE paladin and a Draenei shaman, because they're two classes I have yet to explore.

I hate it. It's just another pebble I've had thrown at me by the WoW dev team. Not enough in and of itself to make me get all "I quit" but I have hated the overall way that WoW's lore has unfolded. The game alone sustains me now, not the excitement in the lore or trust in the company. We had the chance with WoW to continue what Warcraft 3 started -- turning over a new leaf as a new and different enemy rears its head, but it turns out it's the same old Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans. At some point, the weight of those pebbles will be enough.

EDIT -- We've become truly lost to this Orcs vs Humans effect if we're not able to see the inherent flaw in arguing that Paladins and Shamans are "White and black, hot and cold, whatever metaphorical comparison you choose to use, that is the state of paladins and shaman". The two classes that SHOULD be diametrically opposed according to Warcraft 3 lore is the Warlock and Shaman. Or Warlock and Paladin. Paladins and Shaman are not opposites; they're two sides of the same coin! The Thrall we all got to know in Warcraft 3 has allowed himself to (1) ally with the hateful, sinister, and evil Forsaken led by Sylvanas and her demon... and (2) has done nothing, really, to deal with the contingent of Warlocks coiled within the belly of the Horde. Hello! These guys are supposed to be the ones whose influence led the Orc race to near-destruction at demonic hands!

Why does Thrall allow it? Well, that's where the suspension of disbelief shatters for me. It *is* this way because someone at Blizzard has decided that it *has* to be this way. It runs counter to what would have made better sense. They've tried to explain it (oh how they have!), and no doubt convinced some of us that this new turn of events works with their explanation but all of this is a second-best scenario to having it just make sense without having to explain anything further. It doesn't make sense that the new Horde that Thrall established (under the influence of Medivh and Cairne) would ally itself with the likes of the Forsaken or allow Warlocks to persist, but two factions were decided upon and so the Forsaken are jammed incongruously onto the Horde like a green chunk of Play-dough on red just so we can have a 4vs4 match of races. Someone decided that the lack of Warlock options to players would hurt the Horde in this Horde vs Alliance lineup (which doesn't have to be the conflict but they locked us on course now didn't they?), so we Hordies have Warlocks too.

Feh.

Edited by Grimgor